Kaleb Joseph (Transfer Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Kaleb Joseph (Transfer Commit)

Postby section202jay » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:51 am

Joseph or Broome were good options to replace Stewart's scholarship. Mac obviously really wanted a PG. Broome was a volume scorer with questions of his size and defense. Joseph is a talented player with questions on what happened last season. I would've been good with either. I'm thinking Joseph is probably the safer option. I feel like Broome could've been outstanding or a disaster here. That's just me going off of what I read. I have never seen either play I don't think. :lol:

Welcome to Creighton, Kaleb!
section202jay

Postby AttyAlum » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:08 am

Cp Jay 07 wrote:Great work by the OWH on this story. Not even on the sports page online or anything to be found. Yet when I logged onto Syracuse.com this morning I learned of the news. Glad we are such a priority in Omaha.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketbal ... rt_m-rpt-1

Seems a touch harsh; the news was only announced this morning. I suspect Piv would want a quote from Joseph's HS coach or something, which also takes a little time to set up.

It strikes me that the staff really wanted to keep the whole recruitment of Joseph quiet. That makes it unlikely that Piv would have been tipped off significantly in advance, if at all. The secrecy worked, so it sounds like a good strategy to me.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby WBR Tom » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:10 am

Here's our quick writeup on Joseph's commitment, with some context to his struggles as a sophomore at Syracuse and links to a whole bunch of articles on him from Syracuse media:

http://whiteandbluereview.com/syracuses ... creighton/
WBR Tom

Postby Panhandle Jay » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:19 am

It certainly was secretive or quiet at least. Anybody know if he visited or anything?
NCAA Tournament appearances
Creighton: 23
UNL: 7
Panhandle Jay

Postby Dundee Hipster » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:24 am

Polyfro wrote:Here's our quick writeup on Joseph's commitment, with some context to his struggles as a sophomore at Syracuse and links to a whole bunch of articles on him from Syracuse media:

http://whiteandbluereview.com/syracuses ... creighton/

Nice work! I love that assist to turnover ration by Joseph.
Dundee Hipster

Postby Jaysker12 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:46 am

Kaleb could be much better than Cane or he could continue to be somewhat unproductive. But, its hard to pass on a guy with Kaleb's physical tools. The coaches have a year to get him acclimated and to figure out where he'll stand in the rotation. Credit the staff for keeping this completely under wraps

So for those still keeping track, in the past two years, we've brought in:

-All-Big12 selection
-1 top25-50 player
-2 top50 players
-Former top50 player transfer from 'Cuse

When you follow the board on a daily basis and are up to date on everything recruiting wise, it can be a bit hard to see long term improvement but...its definitely happened, and in a big way. We aint in the valley anymore.
Jaysker12

Postby WBR Tom » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:07 am

Yahoo's Jeff Eisenberg talked to Joseph about the commitment; he noted his reasons for picking CU were his relationship with Preston Murphy, Mo Watson's success this past season after transferring, and Creighton's reputation for helping transfers improve during redshirt years.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the ... 09515.html
WBR Tom

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:07 am

...and 2 of the best under appreciated players in Davion and Hunter.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby JayPharmAlum » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:09 am

The Syracuse transfer committed to the Bluejays on Sunday evening

And then Broome committed to Cincinnati at 1am. I guess that answers the question of who we wanted more.
JayPharmAlum

Postby skywalker » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:47 am

We passed on Cane. Joseph was our first choice and, after he committed, Cane called Cincy at 1 am to tell them he was going there. We got who we wanted.
We are who we are. It's all in the fine tuning that we distinguish ourselves.
skywalker

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting