Zach Harvey 6'4" SG 2019

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Zach Harvey 6'4" SG 2019

Postby bluejayfan00 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:23 pm

Sigh.
bluejayfan00

Postby JD4JAYS » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:50 pm

When do the new agent rules go into effect? I just wonder if he’s been informally working with somebody who has a finger on the pulse of upcoming draft classes and when he could potentially benefit the most. Or working with somebody that can get him in a blue blood program.
JD4JAYS

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:18 pm

According to the article it's Not a "done deal" that he will do a post HS prep year. Stay the course...no need for panic. Our coaches have laid a great campaign and he knows that they are legit. Perhaps he has received some new "advice" out West, but both he and family know Creighton well...patience. The other side of the coin is that if he indeed does go prep we can use that scholie for Enaruna, Rivera, or other kid to join Shereef and Zeke Nnaji. Then pick up Zach in 2020 with Foster and Carlson.

https://247sports.com/college/baske...- ... 121854695/
Four-star guard Zach Harvey will reclassify to the 2020 recruiting class, he tells 247Sports.

"I just felt like it was the best decision for me, especially while remaining eligible for 2019 still," Harvey said. "It gives me more time to look into school and choose the best fit for me."
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby McKinney's Neighbor » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:11 pm

There's nothing the staff could do about this. The only mistake from this point forward would be spending any more time/resources on this kid. Go find someone else.
McKinney's Neighbor

Postby jayball » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:50 pm

https://www.sfchronicle.com/news/article/Bay-Area-prep-team-without-a-school-changes-the-6052610.php

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/sports/6384665-181/napas-prolific-prep-basketball-outside

Prolific Prep’s financial structure isn’t entirely clear. The team has sponsors like Adidas and Muscle Milk. But annual tuition at Justin-Siena is $18,900; it’s unlikely that most of the Prolific kids can afford that, or that the high school would offer full scholarships to boys who don’t even suit up for the school basketball squad. To make up the difference, Prolific Prep is constantly fundraising through clinics and auctions. Some of the team’s travel expenses are picked up by the host tournaments.

Russotti insists none of the Prolific Prep principals even draw a salary. And that includes Billy McKnight, the head coach.

Josh Jackson and Gary Trent JR went there. Paul Scruggs also
jayball

Postby McKinney's Neighbor » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:55 pm

A prep school without a school? I've seen it all :lol:
McKinney's Neighbor

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:21 pm

Prolific Prep (PP) is Not a school, but a training program and hoops team. Kids go to local HS' in the Napa area (Napa Christian HS, Justin-Siena HS, Vintage HS, etc.). PP opened in 2014. Looks as though they steer their kids to the top shelf universities generally.

http://highschoolsports.mlive.com/news/article/5372453300382312343/prolific-prep-academy-has-big-dreams-but-no-track-record-for-saginaws-algevon-eichelberger-detroits-josh-jackson/
https://www.sfchronicle.com/news/article/Bay-Area-prep-team-without-a-school-changes-the-6052610.php

PP has started a new post grad program (locally in Napa) (Golden State Prep). Looks as though it will begin ops in 2019-20 (just in time for Zach and others to participate...This could be why he and family have not set in stone a post hs program.)

https://www.prolificprep.org/gsp

I don't think he will do a post grad phase and will still go to college in 2019.

Prolific Prepsters...Josh Jackson stayed 2 years at PP, the others each did 1 year at PP.

Matt O'reilly, Bucknell 2015-2019...
Josh Jackson, Kansas 2016, NBA Draft in 2017
Devon Daniels, NCSt. 2016-2019...
Vance Jackson, UConn 2016, New Mexico 2017-2019...
Gary Trent, Jr, Duke 2017, NBA Draft in 2018
Abu Kigab, Oregon 2017-19...
Ira Lee, Arizona 2017-19...
Jordan Brown, Nevada 2018...
Onyinyechi Eyisi, Fordham 2018...
Jeenathan Williams, Buffalo 2018...
Amadou Sow, UCSB 2018...
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby mredle » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:34 pm

no one has touched on what I think is the most important aspect of this from Creighton's standpoint. Unfortunately its the aspect we are not likely to hear about. The coaches just had a home visit with this kid. Did the coaches get blindsided by this? If it came up, were they supportive (for whatever the reason might have been). I can understand why a change of scenery might be a good thing. If as others have suggested this is AAU ball posing as interscholastic competition, then I think it's likely he's hoping that the Condoleeza Rice commission recommendations are implemented sooner rather than later.
mredle

Postby blueblood » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:44 pm

“None of the principals even draw a salary”

Well ok then. Just some big hearted people that love basketball. Makes sense cause it’s so cheap to live in Napa. Big Hearts is all it takes.
“Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, It makes you lean....
Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.”
blueblood

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:05 pm

As for funding of PP, read the articles and jayball's post. Clinics, NBA guys training, seminars, etc. pay the bills - not big hearts. However the setup, it works as they are entering year 5 of their program.

The program plays on the Prep school circuits...LaLu, Oak Hill, others. Normal prep school competition. PP doesn't pass itself as a school, the players attend local Napa, Cali. area regular high schools. There is no evidence of any Deion Sanders or his Prime Prep in Dallas type of situation, with lack of credentialing or kids not meeting eligibility standards.

Coaches were probably caught of guard by this...seems to have come out of the blue. Technically the only real change is he is re-opening his recruitment - possibly at the advice and request of the program lead and coach at Prime Prep. OR It's more likely, having weathered the legal storm, that Dad wants to gauge how well/poorly zach's stock is doing. By re-opening his recruitment they will see if KU or other elite will rekindle interest in Zach. Zach supposedly likes CU and the coaches, perhaps Dad..not so much?

Mac and staff will probably stay the course, as it is not likely Zach will do a post grad year at another prep school. Prolific doesn't do post grad and are just now beginning to set up a post grad program for 2019-20. IMO Zach will still go to college in 2019...just my opinion.
gtmoBlue

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting