Zach Harvey 6'4" SG 2019

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Zach Harvey 6'4" SG 2019

Postby Jays26 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:52 pm

Alphawalt wrote:
bleedblue wrote:No KU mention is interesting. Wonder if the recent FBI subpoena will hurt their recruiting much.
Holtmann and OSU seem to get the better of us lately in recruiting. Would be nice to beat them here.

PG D.J. Carton just picked OSU today. Holtmann is definitely the one to beat for Harvey. OSU already has the makings of a top 10 recruiting class for 2019, and Harvey would add to their riches. Here’s hoping we beat them out, but the comments I have seen with Harvey visiting OSU first for official visit is concerning as Holtmann is a closer when it comes to the top recruits he targets. He may be gone after the visit to OSU.

No way. I would bet money he will take an official to CU.

Not saying he will choose CU but they will get him in for the visit.

I would prefer to be last on his visit list not first.
Jays26

Postby LJay » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:21 am

gtmoBlue wrote:Ty-Shon was a top 50 recruit...ESPN
https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/ ... 3096502272

Re: Ty-Shon Alexander 2017 G (Commit)
Postby Jet915 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:01 pm

#50 on ESPN
#86 on Rivals
#77 on 247
#107 on 247 composite

Article by Bossi:

https://bwi.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1820057

Youtube video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3pvSF6rl0VM

Looks like a shooter and athlete.

Mitch was as high as #42...
2017 SG Mitchell Ballock (Signed)
Postby Jet915 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:13 pm

6'4 SG from Kansas. Figured he deserved a thread since he is making an unofficial this weekend. #42 in ESPN rankings. Very stiff competition including KU.

http://247sports.com/Player/Mitchell-Ballock-34361

Looks like we've broken through that ceiling already...

Good ol’Gtmo, making sh*t up again. I love our team and recruits but Mitch was unranked by ESPN at year end and Tyshon was #78. They were both higher at one point but not in the final rankings.

You missed a life in politics Gtmo with your cherry-picking facts.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/view/espnu100/sort/rank/class/2017
89 - 60
LJay

Postby JD4JAYS » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:43 am

Jays26 wrote:
Alphawalt wrote:
bleedblue wrote:No KU mention is interesting. Wonder if the recent FBI subpoena will hurt their recruiting much.
Holtmann and OSU seem to get the better of us lately in recruiting. Would be nice to beat them here.

PG D.J. Carton just picked OSU today. Holtmann is definitely the one to beat for Harvey. OSU already has the makings of a top 10 recruiting class for 2019, and Harvey would add to their riches. Here’s hoping we beat them out, but the comments I have seen with Harvey visiting OSU first for official visit is concerning as Holtmann is a closer when it comes to the top recruits he targets. He may be gone after the visit to OSU.

No way. I would bet money he will take an official to CU.

Not saying he will choose CU but they will get him in for the visit.

I would prefer to be last on his visit list not first.

IIRC, Harvey has a relationship with Mitch and we may get a visit just due to that. And I agree, preferably his last visit.
JD4JAYS

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:46 am

Talk about moving goalposts and cherry picking info...
bluejayfan00 is "wishing on a star" and very non specific. Jet says top 50 at time of commitment.
Now here comes old faithful LJay, talking end of year poll.
Which is it fellas...can we get a consensus?

Mitch fell like a rock when he chose the Jays over KU. Had he picked KU he would have remained top 50.
Ty-Shon (according to Goodman) was top 50 when he committed to CU. Then he too fell in the polls.
JP is the only one, thus far, who rose in the rankings after committing, and most here consider him an
anomaly.

It appears that should any top 50 kid choose the Jays, their poll stock will drop. :lol:
Harvey's recruitment will probably follow suit.

I question the premise behind the wishing...many want to make light of our current recruiting by saying the Jays can't
land/sign top 50 kids. In actuality Creighton recruiting has never been better and is at an all time high. Consistently
getting 4 star recruits was one of the goals when we joined the Big East...and we have achieved that goal.

The better question is can the Jays maintain/improve our current recruiting? I say yes.
Can we get better results with these recruits? Sure, which should undoubtedly be among the teams season goals.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Alphawalt » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:48 pm

It is interesting that out of the top 9 picks in the NBA draft this year, 7 of them were named by ESPN in the top 10 of college recruits for 2017. The only two that were not in the top 10 wereTrae Young, and he was 23rd, and Doncic, an international player. Just goes to show ESPN knows how to rank them, and the top players usually play up to expectations barring injury, e.g., Porter, who would have been in the top ten in draft but still drafted at 14. The difference for a program like CU is to get the best local kids most of the time and get those three star players that end up playing like 5 stars and drafted by NBA (like Doug and Khyri). Getting several 4 star players a year like this year is about as good as it gets for us, there are only 25 or so 5 star players a year, and most of them go to the usual schools every year.
Alphawalt

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:37 pm

Fortunately, Creighton has done well in the transfers market. We have had a good run with transfers and unless there is some major changes with transfer rules, we should look to continue
to mine that resource. We have picked up multiple 4 star players and a couple of transfers each of these last 2 recruiting seasons. Continuing that trend will keep the Jays competitive. Picking up a local is less sure as most locals are not high major recruits. But yes...we should be in on any local recruit who is evaluated as a high major player, who fits the Jays needs.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Jaysker12 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:46 pm

When you factor in the number of great transfers we've brought in recently, Mitch, Ty-shon and Jacob all as high school recruits with competition from other big programs, and our coaches' ability to evaluate Khyri and Justin properly, I'd say they deserve a pretty high grade in recruiting since the move to the big east.
Jaysker12

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:16 pm

gtmoBlue

Postby TBC Alum » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:44 pm

OWH article (pay) on the OWH Creighton page mentioning Zach's recruitment.

The article, like 2 of the 3 other articles on the page, drags the corn into the picture.

Why? Just why??
TBC Alum

Postby taa71458 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:49 pm

TBC Alum wrote:OWH article (pay) on the OWH Creighton page mentioning Zach's recruitment.

The article, like 2 of the 3 other articles on the page, drags the corn into the picture.

Why? Just why??

If you’re a Creighton fan, why are you paying for OWH?
taa71458

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting