Zach Harvey 6'4" SG 2019

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Zach Harvey 6'4" SG 2019

Postby SonofFrankTomera » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:26 am

Go Big Fred must be salivating.........
SonofFrankTomera

Postby NUgradCUfan » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:56 am

SonofFrankTomera wrote:Go Big Fred must be salivating.........

Who in the world would want to go play for that dumpster fire?

I wonder if we'll reach out at all. He took an official visit here so we definitely have a history.
NUgradCUfan

Postby jaysfan3 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:00 am

NUgradCUfan wrote:
SonofFrankTomera wrote:Go Big Fred must be salivating.........

Who in the world would want to go play for that dumpster fire?

I wonder if we'll reach out at all. He took an official visit here so we definitely have a history.

I’m pretty sure he was our number one target for awhile. Who knows since we don’t have any scholarships currently available.
jaysfan3

Postby Durango Jay » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:34 am

Not worth the risk. Move on.
Durango Jay

Postby Bluestate1 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:47 am

Mac recruits talent fits but also culture fits to the program. All of our players fit both of those aspects right now. Not seeing Harvey as a culture fit
Bluestate1

Postby Jet915 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:57 am

He put up pretty good numbers this year in limited minutes and I'm sure he's still close to Jett.
Jet915

Postby LJay » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:12 pm

As I recall things, he was a huge lean toward Creighton then something happened and Jays were completely out of the picture. I don’t recall everything I heard but my recollection is the coaches were not happy so I don’t believe there were good feelings at the end.

Jays coaches seem to have a good record of keeping the door open. However, based on my foggy recollection, this is not going to happen as far as him showing up in Omaha (always need to add, “IMO”).
89 - 60
LJay

Postby JayPharmAlum » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:28 am

LJay wrote:As I recall things, he was a huge lean toward Creighton then something happened and Jays were completely out of the picture. I don’t recall everything I heard but my recollection is the coaches were not happy so I don’t believe there were good feelings at the end.

Jays coaches seem to have a good record of keeping the door open. However, based on my foggy recollection, this is not going to happen as far as him showing up in Omaha (always need to add, “IMO”).

Pretty sure you mean this. No way we are involved in a possible transfer in my opinion.

Hayden High School basketball standout Zach Harvey — a Topeka junior who quickly became one of Kansas' most recruited players — faces two felony sex crime charges in Sedgwick County involving an underage teenage girl.

Harvey, 17, was charged last year with two counts of sexual exploitation of a child, along with two other teenage boys from the Wichita area. Pretrial hearings in juvenile court have been rescheduled repeatedly since late 2017, including one originally set for Thursday. That hearing was continued to May 29.
JayPharmAlum

Postby NUgradCUfan » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:12 am

JayPharmAlum wrote:
LJay wrote:As I recall things, he was a huge lean toward Creighton then something happened and Jays were completely out of the picture. I don’t recall everything I heard but my recollection is the coaches were not happy so I don’t believe there were good feelings at the end.

Pretty sure you mean this. No way we are involved in a possible transfer in my opinion.

Hayden High School basketball standout Zach Harvey — a Topeka junior who quickly became one of Kansas' most recruited players — faces two felony sex crime charges in Sedgwick County involving an underage teenage girl.

Harvey, 17, was charged last year with two counts of sexual exploitation of a child, along with two other teenage boys from the Wichita area. Pretrial hearings in juvenile court have been rescheduled repeatedly since late 2017, including one originally set for Thursday. That hearing was continued to May 29.

I do remember that case, but that wasn't the reason he didn't commit. Like LJay was saying, I recall Harvey was pretty much all but locked up until we had that in-home visit with him and the next day he reopened his entire recruitment. So someone got in his ear. Either way, I'm pretty sure we're not going to be interested after he basically big-timed us, but who knows.
NUgradCUfan

Postby vivid_dude » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:36 am

Officially entered the transfer portal.
vivid_dude

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting