Andrew White (grad transfer)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Andrew White (grad transfer)

Postby burmano » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:46 pm

Leaving Nebraska as a grad transfer. Any shot here?
burmano

Re: Andrew White (grad transfer)

Postby JayPharmAlum » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:23 pm

No. But good luck to UN.
JayPharmAlum

Postby Jaysker12 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:40 pm

If its true he's leaving so he can be showcased for the NBA then I wouldn't go within 10 feet of him
Jaysker12

Postby Trifecta » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:51 pm

Jaysker12 wrote:If its true he's leaving so he can be showcased for the NBA then I wouldn't go within 10 feet of him

You mean like how Mo Watson left Boston University :roll:

He more than likely left because he sees the writing on the wall...that Timmy isn't getting that team a whiff of an NCAA berth and he probably doesn't want burn himself out carrying them to a .500 record.
Trifecta

Postby Jaysker12 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:03 pm

Trifecta wrote:
Jaysker12 wrote:If its true he's leaving so he can be showcased for the NBA then I wouldn't go within 10 feet of him

You mean like how Mo Watson left Boston University :roll:

He more than likely left because he sees the writing on the wall...that Timmy isn't getting that team a whiff of an NCAA berth and he probably doesn't want burn himself out carrying them to a .500 record.

don't act like they're comparable situations. mo was playing in the patriot league, and upgraded in conference by moving. Andrew was already within CBB's highest tier of television exposure, and returning as a potential all-B1G candidate.

maybe he lacked confidence in their chances at making the tourney. maybe he just didn't like miles. either way, I think this is the beginning of the end for tim.

this also rubs the wrong way considering he yanked around the entire campus regarding his choice to go pro or not.
Jaysker12

Postby taa71458 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:34 pm

Jaysker12 wrote:
this also rubs the wrong way considering he yanked around the entire campus regarding his choice to go pro or not.

To be fair he was choosing between not getting drafted and coming back to play for a clown. Not an easy decision.
taa71458

Postby yeti47 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:56 pm

It would be like Ricky Kreklow in many ways. Could have Watson Foster White Huff Patton. Off bench Mintz Zierdan Thomas Krampjel Hegner Hanson Harrell. I don't think there's any chance...unless he wants to rip Tim miles heart out in front of him in the vault.
yeti47

Postby Jet915 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:24 pm

Talk about an indictment of Timmy Miles and that program. Love it!
Jet915

Postby b-jay fan » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:23 am

Wow I hadn't seen this till just now. Had to lurk around the Lincoln board to see how they were handling it: not well. I don't know how you could be in their situation, though. This is pretty odd timing. There probably aren't really even many programs with a scholarship left to take White.

He's a good player. Last year when we played them you could see the talent gap between him and the rest of the team. I wouldn't be mad if we picked him up--but I'm really pumped for our 3 position next year as is. I don't know that he could come in and help us improve when the other guys have been working together and developing chemistry.

Final thought: this grad transfer rule needs some altering. It hasn't hurt us yet. But leaving a team like this with so little time before school starts doesn't seem right, and in interest of never having creighton burned by this I would say the decision by these players needs to be made at the same time as the final decision on staying on or pulling out of the NBA draft is made.
b-jay fan

Postby SonofFrankTomera » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:24 am

Even if he wanted to transfer to CU, I'm sure Timmy would block his request. This situation is yet another nail in Smiles' coffin down at the good ol State U. #onlyshowinthestate?.......
SonofFrankTomera

Next

Return to Recruiting