Andrew White (grad transfer)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Andrew White (grad transfer)

Postby CURx » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:30 am

Do Grad Transfers have regulations as to where they can transfer?
CURx

Postby SonofFrankTomera » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:38 am

CURx wrote:Do Grad Transfers have regulations as to where they can transfer?

That's actually an excellent point, the more I read on the subject, he may be allowed to go wherever he wants.

Edit: Fusker fans are not taking this well. they are comparing White to Harrison Barnes over on their board, talk about delusional..
SonofFrankTomera

Postby burmano » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:02 am

Tim can't block anything. AWIII is a grad transfer so he can go anywhere with no limitations
burmano

Postby Trifecta » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:42 am

It would be hilarious if White went to a mid-tier Big Ten team like Ohio St or Iowa and had to play against white Urkel and his bunch again
Trifecta

Postby Jaybird » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:07 am

burmano wrote:Tim can't block anything. AWIII is a grad transfer so he can go anywhere with no limitations

I'm not sure that's true, at least in theory. One of the requirements of the grad transfer rule is that the transfer has to pursue a graduate degree not offered by his previous school (or so I've always understood it). I can't recall ever hearing of this becoming a roadblock to a transfer, so it may be a formality, but maybe it does prevent some transfers to some schools and it just doesn't get publicized when it happens. I don't know what grad programs nebraska doesn't offer, but there have to be some. Precepts of Catholicism, maybe? (I'm guessing if Andrew White want to pursue a Master's in Agriculture or Animal Husbandry, that might be a tougher sell).

I'm not celebrating this news so much. Sure, it's always fun to watch nebraska stumble around trying to be significant in any sport besides volleyball, but I feel the same way about Timmy as I did about Collier (and Pelini, and Doc, and that idiot baseball coach they had). I don't want this guy going anywhere. I like Tim Miles just fine right where he is. But I'm afraid that, just like all those other guys, he's going to screw up so consistently, or so spectacularly, that their AD can't ignore it any more, and he drops the axe on the guy. If nothing else, the law of averages says that if you give 'em enough chances, even nebraska will eventually get a coaching hire right. I know, there's no evidence of that yet (Riley, Erstad, Miles, yada, yada, yada), but it's bound to happen some day. Isn't it?

BTW, nebraska losing their best player might not seem quite so entertaining to some of us if White ends up at, say, Xavier or Seton Hall.
Jaybird

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:03 pm

Good points Jaybird. It wouldn't be funny at all if he goes to a BE opponent. And yes, the Law of Averages has to catch up with the Corn, eventually.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby LJay » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:01 pm

I'm not sure I agree. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Timmy stay and continue to thrash them. However, UN-Lincoln is seen as a dead end job and no one worth a shit is likely going to take a career-killer job like that. Sooo, bring on the next stiff!!

PS - I'm not sure we can ever truly know how damned lucky CU got with Dana. CU was at least as bad, perhaps worse, as UN-Lincoln. Total luck out. Could happen down there just not too likely.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:08 pm

LJay wrote:PS - I'm not sure we can ever truly know how damned lucky CU got with Dana. CU was at least as bad, perhaps worse, as UN-Lincoln. Total luck out. Could happen down there just not too likely.

Some luck true, Dana was one in a million. But we had a basketball guy in charge (Ras) who knew what a good coach looked like. Rick Johnson would have gotten six years at UNL.

And let's give our fan base an assist as well. There's a history of success here, and we demand better. Red McManus resurrected basketball at Creighton and he got run out five years after making the equivalent of the Sweet 16 in 1964. NU has never won anything in basketball, literally, and basketball is just passing time till spring football. Norm Peterson would have tried to convince Husker Hoops Central that good times were just around the corner with Rick Johnson, so Doc Sadler and Tim Miles look fine to them.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:03 pm

Couple of things...

Bruce has his list of coaches he watches. However, I doubt that it was around during the early-mid 90's, as he got the AD job in 1994 (22 yrs here).

We were very fortunate (lucky) that DA is a Nebraska guy, knew of Creighton's history, AND that with K St. putting more emphasis on building their football program at that time...K St. hoops was taking a hit moneywise and on the university sports hierarchy back then-from their top (most successful) sport to no. 2. It never hurts to be able to tell a prospective hire (coach or recruit) that "you're our no. 1 guy". Had DA stayed with K St., it may have taken Creighton another decade to crawl out of the mud? Yes...we were very fortunate, indeed.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby LynchMob » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:27 pm

Ras knows his business - we aren't exactly terrible at every sport besides men's basketball, that we somehow lucked out on.

Hiring a coach of Dana's quality was a stroke of luck, but Ras would have gotten us moving in the right direction no matter what. Creighton is reaching new heights of athletic success department wide, and that's due to Ras.
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
LynchMob

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting