Andrew White (grad transfer)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Andrew White (grad transfer)

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:54 am

LynchMob wrote:Ras knows his business - we aren't exactly terrible at every sport besides men's basketball, that we somehow lucked out on.

Hiring a coach of Dana's quality was a stroke of luck, but Ras would have gotten us moving in the right direction no matter what. Creighton is reaching new heights of athletic success department wide, and that's due to Ras.

That's my point as well. Ras had known about Dana from way back and jumped on an opportunity. When Dana left, he went straight to Mac. Both hires turned out better than you could have imagined, so there's some luck involved there. But Ras knew what he was doing. And back to the original point regarding UNL, Ras fired Rick Johnson after 3 years, while Doc Sadler got 6. That says something about understanding basketball and understanding what your fan base expects.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby HaRdWoOd » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:27 pm

Bruce Rasmussen might be the smartest guy in college sports. I love to listen to him speak

As for White, I wouldn't take him for next year. No room on this team for a selfish, me first attitude. Not to mention, he comes out of the big red locker room. That program has some kind of bad luck curse that has been cast down from the basketball gods for the last 100 years. How can a program be that bad, for that long? I mean you actually have to try to suck at basketball.
This has to be some kind of ploy for the team in Lincoln to pass that hex on to Creighton. Andrew White is probably half voo-doo doll, half demon. Pass. Dont bring that virus shit up here.
HaRdWoOd

Postby CreighTony » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:01 pm

HaRdWoOd wrote:

Man, you're probably right on. No thanks!
CreighTony

Postby AttyAlum » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:15 am

All reports were that White was all class and a great team player prior to this news. Suddenly, Husker fans want him lynched. Funny that when he left KU, nobody in red had a problem with him leaving his teamamtes.

To me, this seems like an issue with the head coach. When a player has a meeting with the head coach and then goes around the head coach to the athletic director to seek a release, that doesn't speak highly for the coach. Instead, it points to a significant problem between coach and player. It wouldn't be surprising to find out that White had to go to the AD because Miles refused to release him and threatened to black ball the kid.

To clarify the grad transfer rule, I researched the rule when the Kreklow situation came about. There are 2 parts: (a) if a school releases the grad, he can go anywhere and play immediately, but (b) if a school refuses to release the grad, he can ONLY go to a school with a grad program not offered at his prior school. Since Nebraska is a state school with a full slate of grad programs,the refusal to release White would severely limit his transfer options. That is why I think that White approached Eichorst - Miles threaded to not provide a full release. Otherwise, there would be no need to approach the AD at all.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby Jaysker12 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:27 pm

AttyAlum wrote:All reports were that White was all class and a great team player prior to this news. Suddenly, Husker fans want him lynched. Funny that when he left KU, nobody in red had a problem with him leaving his teamamtes.

Well, I guess how would we have reacted if our team's best returning player decides to leave the last week of June? Sorry if this makes me a dirty husker apologist but I would not have sent Andrew off with best wishes if we were in their position. They bent over backwards for the kid in May, providing him with all the resources and waiting for his decision on going pro.

Funny that when he left KU, it was for completely different reasons and motives that most would objectively deem to be appropriate considering the climate of today's transfer market. You're smarter than thinking the two situations are remotely comparable. I would bet Andrew looks back on this decision with regret in a year when he's trying desperately to make his way onto a summer league roster as an undrafted prospect.
Jaysker12

Postby CreighTony » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:01 pm

I'm just happy that he has helped to continued the husker basketball tradition. Love seeing their fans mad and dissapointed, again.
CreighTony

Postby bluejayfan00 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:26 pm

This is the recruiting forum. He's not coming here. Can we move this to the off-topic board? I have no problem discussing the delusional program of UNL and Timmy Smiles, but I'd prefer not on OUR recruiting thread.
bluejayfan00

Postby TrueBlueJay » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:48 pm

Jaysker12 wrote:
AttyAlum wrote:All reports were that White was all class and a great team player prior to this news. Suddenly, Husker fans want him lynched. Funny that when he left KU, nobody in red had a problem with him leaving his teamamtes.

Well, I guess how would we have reacted if our team's best returning player decides to leave the last week of June? Sorry if this makes me a dirty husker apologist but I would not have sent Andrew off with best wishes if we were in their position. They bent over backwards for the kid in May, providing him with all the resources and waiting for his decision on going pro.

Funny that when he left KU, it was for completely different reasons and motives that most would objectively deem to be appropriate considering the climate of today's transfer market. You're smarter than thinking the two situations are remotely comparable. I would bet Andrew looks back on this decision with regret in a year when he's trying desperately to make his way onto a summer league roster as an undrafted prospect.

I love that this is bugging a jaysker!
TrueBlueJay

Postby Jaysker12 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:07 pm

not a jaysker..
Jaysker12

Postby taa71458 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:22 pm

Jaysker12 wrote:not a jaysker..

And I'm not a taa
taa71458

PreviousNext