2016 SF Kobe Paras (Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2016 SF Kobe Paras

Postby cujaysfan » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:38 am

This is no joke on the Filipino community

I called paypal cust svc yesterday for an issue

and the call was routed to phillipines to be handled - i was on the phone for probably 45 min - and talking to the guy on the other end about a lot of stuff - he knew Kobe - but hadn't heard that he wasn't going to UCLA now but was really interested in all of it (big Pacman fan too (natch))
cujaysfan

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:14 pm

From Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary.

Philippines
geographical name Phil·ip·pines \-ˈpēnz, -ˌpēnz\
Popularity: Bottom 30% of words

Definition of Philippines
Country in E Asia comprising the Philippine Islands; a republic; once a Spanish possession & (1898–1946) a United States possession ∗ Manila land area 115,651 square miles (299,536 square kilometers), pop 93,600,000
Philippine adjective

Variants of philippines
or Spanish: Filipinas \ˌfē-lē-ˈpē-(ˌ)näs\ or Pilipino - Pilipinas \ˌpē-lē-ˈpē-(ˌ)näs\

Male:pilipino / filipino
Female:pilipina / filipina
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Jet915 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:56 am

Recent article on his recruitment. I dont know where his last visit was, but it seems LMU would be the biggest competition right now. Probably could be the star with lots of playing time living in so cal.

BTW, up to 3 crystal ball prediction for Creighton now...

http://manila.coconuts.co/2016/07/11/where-world-kobe-paras-dropping-post-ucla-clues-social-media
Jet915

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:31 pm

Looks as though a decision may be coming...
Given that registration/classes start late August, and the team is already on campus - might not be a bad idea to make such a decision. West Coast 3 - Midwest 1...odds are with the West Coast schools.

"Joey Tempo
Joey Tempo‏ @TempoWBR

Creighton target Kobe Paras is close to a decision. Lately he's been to Loyola Marymount, Cal State Northridge, Creighton and Oregon State
Jul 17, 2016, 8:43 PM"

"Middlebrooks Bball
Middlebrooks Bball‏ @middlbasketball

24 hours...one big decision. Where will he go? @Im_Not_Kobe @coachmiddlebrks @chs_phantoms

7/17/16. 6:16 pm"

https://twitter.com/middlbasketball/sta ... 9076214785
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby fritzpointer » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:49 pm

Would love to have Kobe commit, it might help with getting Christian David for 2017 too. They would be a great duo on the wings. Go Jays!
fritzpointer

Postby jays911 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:27 pm

Come on, Kobe, be a Jay. None of those other schools can offer anything close to the CU experience.
So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911

Postby SonofFrankTomera » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:27 pm

One thing that concerns me is that Kobe's mom, brother and dad are all actors, and it looks like Kobe signed with a talent agency in 2013. LA would be better for him if that's what he wants to do eventually, as no good actors have come from Omaha except for Marlon Brando, Nick Nolte, Montgomery Clift, Henry Fonda....( Fonda was born in GI, but I am claiming him as our own for the purposes of this post).
Last edited by SonofFrankTomera on Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SonofFrankTomera

Postby jays911 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:31 pm

SonofFrankTomera wrote:One thing that concerns me is that Kobe's mom and dad are both actors, and it looks like Kobe signed with a talent agency in 2013. LA would be better for him if that's what he wants to do eventually, as no good actors have come from Omaha except for Marlon Brando, Nick Nolte, Montgomery Clift, Henry Fonda....

Pretty good local director, too. Alexander Payne.
So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911

Postby SonofFrankTomera » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:36 pm

jays911 wrote:
SonofFrankTomera wrote:One thing that concerns me is that Kobe's mom and dad are both actors, and it looks like Kobe signed with a talent agency in 2013. LA would be better for him if that's what he wants to do eventually, as no good actors have come from Omaha except for Marlon Brando, Nick Nolte, Montgomery Clift, Henry Fonda....

Pretty good local director, too. Alexander Payne.

And also my neighbor Tom Elkins has worked as an editor, actor,and director on many big time movies as well. Shit I think I may have just outed myself!
SonofFrankTomera

Postby FilipinoScout » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:59 pm

Hey guys I've been busy late I apologize for the late response , Kobe paras is a commercial model in the PHilippines so you don't have to worry about himb being in the showbizness, he is fully committed in playing basketball. I think a decision will be in the next 24 hours, I'm hoping he will be a blue Jay. I started watching you guys play years ago I think it is against western Kentucky. I have to be honest I didn't root for you guys during that time because a Filipino player is playing for the Hilltoppers.

Here's a video of Kobe playing in the adidas nation, played against top recruits.
https://youtu.be/2GzRlRldIT4

Christian David is Filipino too both parents are From the the Philippines but was born and raised in Canada , he is all set to play high school basketball here. Already committed to play for La Salle same high school where Kobe came from. But he got a call from Steve Nash so he want back to Canada to play for the junior team. But he tear his acl.
FilipinoScout

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting