2016 SF Kobe Paras (Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2016 SF Kobe Paras

Postby FilipinoScout » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:44 pm

Kobe Paras is A Blue Jay :D
FilipinoScout

Postby Jet915 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:47 pm

Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDaniels 4m4 minutes ago Paradise, NV
Former UCLA signee Kobe Paras just committed to Creighton, per his coach William Middlebrooks.

Welcome Kobe!
Jet915

Postby Eye of the Jay » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:48 pm

FilipinoScout wrote:Hey guys I've been busy late I apologize for the late response , Kobe paras is a commercial model in the PHilippines so you don't have to worry about himb being in the showbizness, he is fully committed in playing basketball. I think a decision will be in the next 24 hours, I'm hoping he will be a blue Jay. I started watching you guys play years ago I think it is against western Kentucky. I have to be honest I didn't root for you guys during that time because a Filipino player is playing for the Hilltoppers.

Here's a video of Kobe playing in the adidas nation, played against top recruits.
https://youtu.be/2GzRlRldIT4

Christian David is Filipino too both parents are From the the Philippines but was born and raised in Canada , he is all set to play high school basketball here. Already committed to play for La Salle same high school where Kobe came from. But he got a call from Steve Nash so he want back to Canada to play for the junior team. But he tear his acl.

Always good to hear more info. If I were Kobe it really would come down to 3 factors:

Playing time: Honestly I'm not sure how many minutes he'd get here right away. I don't see him red-shirting but we are loaded on the wings. He could probably come in and get 10-15 min/game his freshman year with opportunity for a lot more in the future.

Closeness to family/friends: Not an expert on where his family/friends are but my impression is everyone is on west coast. If he's not afraid of homesickness then we're fine, but if proximity to loved ones is important his only opportunity to play close to them would be at ASU.

Winning team/national exposure: Creighton really blows the other 3 out of the water here. Oregon St. showed promise last year but The Glove II is gone and it will be tough getting back to the tourney in a talented Pac-12. If he's coming from UCLA expectations I would think he would choose us as there's a good chance he'd get same amount of tourney experience/national exposure here.

I know I'm biased, but if I were Kobe I would definitely pick Creighton with a chance to get to the next 2 tourneys then control your own destiny with tons of talent around you in Junior and Senior years. However, worried about the west coast pull taking him away.

Just typed above rambling Sunday night thoughts for nothing. :) Welcome Kobe!
Last edited by Eye of the Jay on Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eye of the Jay

Postby Jaysker12 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:49 pm

FilipinoScout wrote:Kobe Paras is A Blue Jay :D

could you describe kobe's game a bit? his videos show a good basketball iq, aggressive mindset with good athleticism. is he good defensively?

congrats to the staff. it may be a bit early to tell but he could challenge for the starting 3 spot.
Jaysker12

Postby bluejayfan00 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:49 pm

It's official! Per Jeff Borzello. Welcome Kobe!!!
bluejayfan00

Postby FilipinoScout » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:10 am

Eye of the Jay wrote:
FilipinoScout wrote:Hey guys I've been busy late I apologize for the late response , Kobe paras is a commercial model in the PHilippines so you don't have to worry about himb being in the showbizness, he is fully committed in playing basketball. I think a decision will be in the next 24 hours, I'm hoping he will be a blue Jay. I started watching you guys play years ago I think it is against western Kentucky. I have to be honest I didn't root for you guys during that time because a Filipino player is playing for the Hilltoppers.

Here's a video of Kobe playing in the adidas nation, played against top recruits.
https://youtu.be/2GzRlRldIT4

Christian David is Filipino too both parents are From the the Philippines but was born and raised in Canada , he is all set to play high school basketball here. Already committed to play for La Salle same high school where Kobe came from. But he got a call from Steve Nash so he want back to Canada to play for the junior team. But he tear his acl.

Always good to hear more info. If I were Kobe it really would come down to 3 factors:

Playing time: Honestly I'm not sure how many minutes he'd get here right away. I don't see him red-shirting but we are loaded on the wings. He could probably come in and get 10-15 min/game his freshman year with opportunity for a lot more in the future.

Closeness to family/friends: Not an expert on where his family/friends are but my impression is everyone is on west coast. If he's not afraid of homesickness then we're fine, but if proximity to loved ones is important his only opportunity to play close to them would be at ASU.

Winning team/national exposure: Creighton really blows the other 3 out of the water here. Oregon St. showed promise last year but The Glove II is gone and it will be tough getting back to the tourney in a talented Pac-12. If he's coming from UCLA expectations I would think he would choose us as there's a good chance he'd get same amount of tourney experience/national exposure here.

I know I'm biased, but if I were Kobe I would definitely pick Creighton with a chance to get to the next 2 tourneys then control your own destiny with tons of talent around you in Junior and Senior years. However, worried about the west coast pull taking him away.

Just typed above rambling Sunday night thoughts for nothing. :) Welcome Kobe!

I'm happy he picked you guys,I think he will fit in the system well. And I've watched campus tour video on YouTube , creighton has a beautiful campus.

Overall Kobe is a good kid, offensively he's very talented but he needs to improve defensively. Filipinos will be watching the team this year. Go Blue Jay!
FilipinoScout

Postby FilipinoScout » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:12 am

Jaysker12 wrote:
FilipinoScout wrote:Kobe Paras is A Blue Jay :D

could you describe kobe's game a bit? his videos show a good basketball iq, aggressive mindset with good athleticism. is he good defensively?

congrats to the staff. it may be a bit early to tell but he could challenge for the starting 3 spot.

To be honest he needs to improve defensively to be more specific his lateral quickness he struggle a little bit defending athletic guys. He is a good wing side shot blocker. He is like a bigger version of Greyson Allen coming out of high school. They have Same passion and love for the game.

Offensively he is skilled he is ambidextrous he can finish either his left or right hand
. He is athletic, a good shooter. Improved this year his two dribble pull up jumper. Scored 43 points this year for his prep team.

Here is a video of him scoring 43 points early this year

https://youtu.be/D_7v9RYcLfE
Last edited by FilipinoScout on Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
FilipinoScout

Postby Jet915 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:15 am

Kobe™ ‏@Im_Not_Kobe 7m7 minutes ago
I would gladly want to announce that I am taking my talents to Omaha Nebraska.
#17000Strong

30 retweets 52 likes
Reply Retweet 30
Like 52
More
Jet915

Postby FilipinoScout » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:27 am

Jet915 wrote:Kobe™ ‏@Im_Not_Kobe 7m7 minutes ago
I would gladly want to announce that I am taking my talents to Omaha Nebraska.
#17000Strong

30 retweets 52 likes
Reply Retweet 30
Like 52
More

Kobe is a model here in the Philippines. Most of his fanbase are teenagers , check out his Instagram account he has a 500k followers
FilipinoScout

Postby JacobPadilla » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:19 am

SonofFrankTomera wrote:
jays911 wrote:
SonofFrankTomera wrote:One thing that concerns me is that Kobe's mom and dad are both actors, and it looks like Kobe signed with a talent agency in 2013. LA would be better for him if that's what he wants to do eventually, as no good actors have come from Omaha except for Marlon Brando, Nick Nolte, Montgomery Clift, Henry Fonda....

Pretty good local director, too. Alexander Payne.

And also my neighbor Tom Elkins has worked as an editor, actor,and director on many big time movies as well. Shit I think I may have just outed myself!

John Beasley too.
JacobPadilla

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting