Verbal Commits Suggestions

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Verbal Commits Suggestions

Postby NathanVC » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:03 pm

Hello Bluejays fans, hope you're well! My name is Nathan LeClair and I am the CEO of Verbal Commits, a college basketball recruiting website.

I am reaching out today to ask for y'all's suggestions on how to improve the site. What would you like to see added, implemented, changed, etc.? Any and all suggestions are welcomed. Thank you!

http://verbalcommits.com/schools/creighton
NathanVC

Re: Verbal Commits Suggestions

Postby HandDownManDown » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:15 pm

Put Tugs Bowen in our 'commit' pile.
HandDownManDown

Postby NathanVC » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:47 pm

HandDownManDown wrote:Put Tugs Bowen in our 'commit' pile.

I will if/when he does!
NathanVC

Postby LJay » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:26 pm

Great compilation of recruiting site, bookmarked and checked regularly. Thank you. I'm not sure what your wanting to be if something more than that. I don't think the world needs another Rivals/Scout.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby NathanVC » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:46 pm

LJay wrote:Great compilation of recruiting site, bookmarked and checked regularly. Thank you. I'm not sure what your wanting to be if something more than that. I don't think the world needs another Rivals/Scout.

Thank you for bookmarking us! Love to hear that.

What I primarily would like to do is revamp the site from an aesthetic standpoint; make the site look nicer. There a couple smaller things as well, like adding retired numbers and historical info that displays the program's history. Possibly adding high school schedules to player pages so fans can track their progress. Things like that.

I agree the world doesn't need another Rivals or Scout. We have our niche and intend to strengthen our presence within it.
NathanVC

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:09 am

An updated site is good. Just not Sidearm Sports or other vendor with 2/3 to 3/4 photos + less content. Both the Creighton Media guide and CU Basketball Wiki pages can provide historical & background info. Verify the wiki via the SID though...for accuracy. Tugs is coming to the Hilltop- Creighton. Keep in touch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creighton ... basketball

(I'm thinking there may be 2-3 guys missing from the overseas pro list...guys from the 2004-2010 timeline.)

http://gocreighton.com/news/2014/10/15/ ... x?path=mbb
SID: Rob Anderson @_robanderson

GodFather's Pizza - Creighton History Video: 1955-2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJGvs6ma3uo
Last edited by gtmoBlue on Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby NathanVC » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:22 am

gtmoBlue wrote:Updated site is good. Just not Sidearm Sports or other vendor with 2/3 to 3/4 photos + less content. Both the Creighton Media guide and CU Basketball Wiki pages can provide historical & background info. Verify the wiki via the SID though...for accuracy. Tugs is coming to the Hilltop- Creighton. Keep in touch.

Definitely don't want to diminish content at all; the more content the better, as long as it's accurate and useful for our audience.

I was thinking retired jerseys and banners with conference championships, maybe lists for the top 5 or 10 points, assists, and rebounds leaders in program history as well. Appreciate the references, I'll look into those. Thank you for your insight!
NathanVC

Return to Recruiting