2017 C Jacob Epperson (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2017 C Jacob Epperson (Offered)

Postby yeti47 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:15 am

Duke1Agn wrote:Really concerned Watson's situation is going to siginificantly damage our recruiting over the next year. Hopefully Epperson and Tugs can see that it isn't a reflection on the program, and involve the alleged independent actions of one person.

Is this Dirk or Tom? Jk
The only reason recruiting would be hurt in this situation is if a death penalty of some sort would be put into place. That's not happening. Watson...It's on him..If true. Not on Creighton university or the basketball team. Today might be fat Tuesday, land TUGS and Epperson and beat St. John's.
yeti47

Postby JayPharmAlum » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:38 am

I like this kid and think he'd be a great fit. Plus he said.. "I'm built like a stick so I need to add some weight", so he knows what the immediate goal is just like JP did.
JayPharmAlum

Postby ictjay » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:39 am

Believe me it will be used against the program. Competing coaches will get into Mom's ear. It will be brought up. Staff needs to work through it hopefully.
ictjay

Postby cu8493 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:01 am

Staff also has to be able to show that they aren't going to abandon a kid. That is the tight rope that the university and the staff must tread. It is an unbelievably tough balancing act, IMO. I highly doubt any coach is going to use that, because I believe every coach understands that it could be his program next week.
cu8493

Postby ictjay » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:13 am

cu8493 wrote:Staff also has to be able to show that they aren't going to abandon a kid. That is the tight rope that the university and the staff must tread. It is an unbelievably tough balancing act, IMO. I highly doubt any coach is going to use that, because I believe every coach understands that it could be his program next week.

Thats not how it works c8493. Next trip Utah, "heard about the rapes and the basketball team, I feel terrible for them". Everything gets used.

Praying the staff seals the deal today.
ictjay

Postby section221jay » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:30 am

The reality is that this stuff has either already touched just about every program or will eventually.

Unless new information eventually comes out CU's handling of the situation so far has been above reproach. He was removed from the basketball program at an appropriate time and he was removed from the university at an appropriate time. As long as the staff and admin have been cooperative with authorities....what more could they do?

This isn't Baylor. This isn't a situation where a coach has injected himself into a situation and buggered it all up. Shit happens. Yes, it will get mentioned by some. Not all. But when it does get brought up CU will have already addressed it. Nothing more they can do. This will have a negligible effect on the jay program (again...assuming nothing bad comes out about coaches/admin). Tugs may go elsewhere...but that was always likely the case.

As for showing they won't abandon a kid. Eh...those days are past. You can't stand by a player accused of abusing/assaulting a woman anymore. Not on a college campus. You cut bait and you say good luck unless it's an obvious screw job. You gotta say "fellas...one thing I can't have your back on is mistreatment of women. This program is bigger than you. I will not have you bring it down over 5 minutes of bullshit."
section221jay

Postby jln » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:36 am

Jonathan Givony at Draft Express included a snippet on Epperson from the Basketball Without Borders camp.

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Bas ... g-Men-5813
jln

Postby Jet915 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:17 pm

Saw a shot of him near the bench at the end of the game on TV. Let's hope for a commit!
Jet915

Postby Duke1Agn » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:38 pm

That's because the recruits sit behind the bench. Let's keep things under control.
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting