2017 C Jacob Epperson (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2017 C Jacob Epperson (Commit)

Postby Ethanfor3 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:26 am

section221jay wrote:
drbluejay wrote:Nice commit for the Jays. That gives us (4) 4* new guys for next year. The experts disagree on his rating as Scout has him at #56 and 247sports have him at #111 while ESPN and Rivals don't him him as a top 100 guy. Rivals is the only one having him as a 3* but he looks like he has a bright future at CU. If Patton stays, I would not be shocked if he redshirts like Patton to put on some muscle and weight. Now get his teammate Bowen. If Bowen doesn't commit, I wish a top PG would fall out of the sky for us.

Alexander, Epperson, Ballock....am I missing something? Who's the 4th 4* recruit?

I think he's referring to Joseph becoming eligible....
Ethanfor3

Postby Panhandle Jay » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:09 am

If we do not get Bowen, I would like us to fill that last scholarship with Lake from IWCC. He can come in and provide an immediate impact at the post position. However, looks like he's attracting interest from even higher programs than us.
NCAA Tournament appearances
Creighton: 23
UNL: 7
Panhandle Jay

Postby vivid_dude » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:47 am

Epperson is not redshirting next season. So, stop thinking that he is.

:lol: :roll:
vivid_dude

Postby jfan » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:48 pm

When you look at the offer lists of the latest recruits, we are really beating out some great teams for these players! Ty-Shon committed early or he would have had many more offers. It's a new world!
jfan

Postby drbluejay » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:25 pm

hilltopalum wrote:
drbluejay wrote:I wish a top PG would fall out of the sky for us.

:roll:

Harrell dropped out of the sky tonight so he can backup Joeseph next year, or maybe even start.
drbluejay

Postby drbluejay » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:26 pm

section221jay wrote:
drbluejay wrote:Nice commit for the Jays. That gives us (4) 4* new guys for next year. The experts disagree on his rating as Scout has him at #56 and 247sports have him at #111 while ESPN and Rivals don't him him as a top 100 guy. Rivals is the only one having him as a 3* but he looks like he has a bright future at CU. If Patton stays, I would not be shocked if he redshirts like Patton to put on some muscle and weight. Now get his teammate Bowen. If Bowen doesn't commit, I wish a top PG would fall out of the sky for us.

Alexander, Epperson, Ballock....am I missing something? Who's the 4th 4* recruit?

Other new guy is Joeseph
drbluejay

Postby drbluejay » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:32 pm

vivid_dude wrote:Epperson is not redshirting next season. So, stop thinking that he is.

I get the impression that he thinks he might redshirt, just like Patton, so he put on weight.
With Patton, Hegner, Krampelj, Bowen? and Dunkum the 2nd semester, we appear solid up front.
Doesn't matter to me, either way. If Mac needs him and he's ready, go for it.
If Patton leaves, of course he is playing.
drbluejay

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:43 pm

Transfer PG Kaleb Joseph... (the 4th 4* guy)
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby BostonBlueJay » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:25 pm

vivid_dude wrote:Epperson is not redshirting next season. So, stop thinking that he is.

Out of curiosity, what makes you say that? While I wouldn't exactly be surprised if he didn't, there are things that point to it being more than just a possibility:

1.) After today, I don't expect Patton to leave yet (don't think today left a particularly good taste in his mouth and I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to come back for at least one more--not to mention that as good as he projects, today as well as games against Angel Delgado showed he does have some room for improvement over-all--specifically on the physical side of things)

2.) Dunkum will be eligible to play and Martin has also filled in adequately at the 5 at times. Can't imagine any scenario with Patton, Martin and Dunkum all on campus and Epperson NOT redshirt. Simply not enough minutes for all of them.

3.) Epperson himself made reference to Patton and the benefit redshirting provided him.
BostonBlueJay

Postby ZMagic30 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:36 pm

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Vivid was doing a bit of a callback joke about how people argued on how whether or not Patton would be red shirting
ZMagic30

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting