2018 F Kristian Sjolund

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2018 F Kristian Sjolund

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:07 pm

#RollJays wrote:Gonna guess that we can do better

Gonna guess that inasmuch as we've left an unused scholarship the past two years, if we wanted to look at this kid and he wanted to come, he'd be better than nobody at all.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby #RollJays » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:35 pm

Outlaw_Wales wrote:

Gonna guess that inasmuch as we've left an unused scholarship the past two years, if we wanted to look at this kid and he wanted to come, he'd be better than nobody at all.

That's two separate arguments. I agree that we should fill spots. I just don't think this kid is good enough to play at Creighton after watching him play. I am not sure why we have been unable to find an elite stretch 4 man. This offense is taylor-made for an elite stretch 4 to get 20ppg.
#RollJays

Postby Chicagojayfan » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:01 pm

#RollJays wrote:
Outlaw_Wales wrote:

That's two separate arguments. I agree that we should fill spots. I just don't think this kid is good enough to play at Creighton after watching him play. I am not sure why we have been unable to find an elite stretch 4 man. This offense is taylor-made for an elite stretch 4 to get 20ppg.

True - two names that Gtmo got off of the W&B review scholarship spreadsheet are in another thread on 2020.

Brock Cunningham (F)
Taeshon Cherry (F)

Have to think there is smoke where there's fire if guys like this are coming up with us, As for Sjolund, I liked the clips I saw and if he's added that much muscle and bulk and another 2" to his vertical he may be a fit. I like the other two there as well.

In a perfect world for me, I want a mid-year transfer who is that stretch 4
Chicagojayfan

Postby vivid_dude » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:58 pm

Based on the comments, I was ready to think CU could do better. But then I watched this video, and I'm intrigued. The tools are there. He's a good athlete, great stroke from beyond the arc, plays with confidence. Seems like a perfect stretch-4 fit for Creighton's system. Appears to be a much better athlete than Toby Hegner too.

I'm basing this genius opinion on watching 3:07 of highlight video, so at the end of the day, I'll reluctantly trust the coaches.
vivid_dude

Postby LJay » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:12 pm

Hmmm, a highlight film of all of the guy’s made 3s for the year didn’t show me much more than he has a good stroke.

Hope he can grab boards and and play D as well.
89 - 60
LJay

Previous

Return to Recruiting