2021 G Preston Murphy Jr

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2021 G Preston Murphy Jr

Postby JacobPadilla » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:59 pm

AttyAlum wrote:There are also children of former Jays playing in area of note. In particular, Latrell Wrightsell's son is a player.

Latrell Wrightsell Jr. (or Trelly) is a freshman at Central. His daughter is a heck of a player too.

If we want to go super deep, Josh Dotzler's brother Josiah is one of the best 6th graders in the state. Kid is incredibly savvy for his age and a ton of fun to watch. He plays for OSA and Jr. T-Birds.

As far as Nebraska guys, Damon Benning and Alvin Mitchell both have sons who play together for a 6th grade team and are very good, and Alvin's middle son Shereef at Burke is one of the top 5 players in the 2018 class. Eric Piatkowski has a sophomore son at Elkhorn South who isn't bad too.
JacobPadilla

Postby JayPak » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:40 am

Jacob, do you know if Curtis Marshall (played at Prep '91, NC State '95) has a son who plays locally?
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby slaw » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:24 pm

Anyone know if Mike Peltz Jr. is being recruited?
slaw

Postby JayPak » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:10 pm

slaw wrote:Anyone know if Mike Peltz Jr. is being recruited?

Yes - by the WWE.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby Waylon Van Smack » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:09 pm

JayPak wrote:
slaw wrote:Anyone know if Mike Peltz Jr. is being recruited?

Yes - by the WWE.

LOL.... That's classic.
Wonder what his finishing move is?
Waylon Van Smack

Postby RedMcManus » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:57 pm

JayPak - I coach a select team in that age group. Curtis has a son in that class who will attend Creighton Prep in the fall. Very good chance he will start at PG for the Jr Jays as a freshman just like his dad. Really really good young player, great handles, good court vision, is smart and shoots it very well.

That class (2021) has a number of very good players that could develop into DI prospects. At the MAYB (junior high AAU) "nationals" (featuring 10 Midwest states) there were 4 teams in that class in the final 16 and 6 in the final 32.

Watch for a young man named "Chuckie" Hepburn who will play at Bellevue West. A 5'10 point guard who can dunk at age 14. No slight to Preston III but he is probably the 3rd best PG in that grade. All three young men have a ton of potential. Wouldn't be surprised to see all 3 play DI at some level which says a lot about where local hoops talent is going.
RedMcManus

Postby JacobPadilla » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:24 pm

RedMcManus wrote:JayPak - I coach a select team in that age group. Curtis has a son in that class who will attend Creighton Prep in the fall. Very good chance he will start at PG for the Jr Jays as a freshman just like his dad. Really really good young player, great handles, good court vision, is smart and shoots it very well.

That class (2021) has a number of very good players that could develop into DI prospects. At the MAYB (junior high AAU) "nationals" (featuring 10 Midwest states) there were 4 teams in that class in the final 16 and 6 in the final 32.

Watch for a young man named "Chuckie" Hepburn who will play at Bellevue West. A 5'10 point guard who can dunk at age 14. No slight to Preston III but he is probably the 3rd best PG in that grade. All three young men have a ton of potential. Wouldn't be surprised to see all 3 play DI at some level which says a lot about where local hoops talent is going.

I know Chuckie. Kaden Glynn on Preston's OSA team is another bigger PG with a ton of game. He'll be at Johnson-Brock next year.

What summer ball organization does Marshall's son play for? I wouldn't expect him to be starting at PG next year regardless of how good he is. Prep's starting PG from this year is a junior and will be back next year. It takes a lot to play for Josh Luedtke as a freshman. Akol Arop played JV his freshman year, for example, and Akol is the best player in his class.
JacobPadilla

Postby Helmzy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:38 pm

Just received an offer from Buffalo. Pretty big especially without playing a minute of High school ball
Helmzy

Postby Jet915 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:26 pm

Id be shocked if Murphy isnt a head coach somewhere by 2021....
Jet915

Postby vivid_dude » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:46 am

I'm told the coaching staff considers Preston, Jr. one of the best, if not THE best, 2021 prospects in the Midwest. There are a lot of grains of salt you can take with that, considering his dad is at Creighton, we are talking about frickin' 2021, etc. - but still, he's very well regarded.
vivid_dude

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting