2017 JUCO F/C De'Quon Lake (ASU Verbal Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2017 JUCO F/C De'Quon Lake

Postby Old MVC Days » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:53 am

"This feels almost ... holy, as if Wragge and Co. were some breakaway group of ascetics who decided to shoot threes instead of chant sutras." - Deadspin
Old MVC Days

Postby Jet915 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:13 pm

hilltopalum wrote:Kansas and Iowa State seem to lead for Lake.

Have they offered?
Jet915

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:39 pm

bjf00- thanks, but this was addressed in the other topic thread. Even I know Toby's not leaving. But there is a possibility that he graduates this year and would stay as a graduate student, freeing up his scholie for a potential 3rd additional open scholarship for 2017. Geoff did this in his 5th season, so it is a possibility.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby cujaysfan » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:56 pm

there is an equal possibility that marcus will be a graduate level TA for women's studies

this is nonsense
cujaysfan

Postby AttyAlum » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:40 am

gtmoBlue wrote:bjf00- thanks, but this was addressed in the other topic thread. Even I know Toby's not leaving. But there is a possibility that he graduates this year and would stay as a graduate student, freeing up his scholie for a potential 3rd additional open scholarship for 2017. Geoff did this in his 5th season, so it is a possibility.

NO, it isn't. Geoff became a TA in the business school, received tuition remission and a stipend. He didn't just graduate and go off scholarship and pay grad school tuition himself.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby hilltopalum » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:33 am

AA is right. Toby's graduating has nothing to do with free-ing up a scholarship. If he were to graduate his inclusion on the roster would mean he would be one of the 13 spots. And he's not looking elsewhere. He's a large part of what the Jays want to do next year.
hilltopalum

Postby BostonBlueJay » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:31 am

hilltopalum wrote:Image

Iowa Western big-man is beginning to garner high-major interest as one of the best posts in the JC ranks. Lake's from US Virgin Islands and spent time in Virginia prior to the past two years with the Reivers. Lake's averaging 13 & 7 on 70% from the field. Iowa State, Kansas State, West Virginia & Kansas are interested. He's been to a Creighton game or two as a guest I believe.

Looks like the physical post player we need. Patton has more offensive skill than just about any big man in the conference, but on the defensive end, or in the physical arena, he gets pushed around a little too much.

For instance, Angel Delgado (who doesn't have the offensive dynamic of Patton and doesn't run the floor like Patton is more polished all-around, IMO at the center position) averaged a double-double vs us in both our games, getting 17 rebounds (to Patton's 2) in our loss to them. Having a physically strong big to rotate in with Patton would be HUGE

Patton may very well have the biggest upside as anyone at his position and I wouldn't trade him for any other big in the country... In one year he's exploded onto the scene. But he's still not the best 5 in our conference, which is why I really hope/think/pray, he returns. Delgado averages a double-double for the year and in their two head-to-head matchups, their point totals are in the same ballpark, but the rebounds and physical play greatly favor Delgado.
BostonBlueJay

Postby hilltopalum » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:57 am

EDIT: Looks like we're out. Kansas State, Arizona State and Rutgers are final 3 according to this article.

http://www.scout.com/college/arizona-state/story/1762691-sun-devils-host-juco-center-de-quon-lake
hilltopalum

Postby Jet915 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:35 am

hilltopalum wrote:EDIT: Looks like we're out. Kansas State, Arizona State and Rutgers are final 3 according to this article.

http://www.scout.com/college/arizona-state/story/1762691-sun-devils-host-juco-center-de-quon-lake

That really sucks, ASU, KSU and Rutgers? This gguy looks like someone we could really use, JP here or not.
Jet915

Postby Jays26 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:45 am

Did Jays ever offer????
Jays26

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting