2018 F Ian Steere (Decommit, NC State Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2018 F Ian Steere (Decommit, NC State Commit)

Postby vivid_dude » Thu May 17, 2018 4:55 pm

cujaysfan wrote:turnabout is fair play

let's go get saddiq bey

If what I’m reading about this kid is true, his last few teams he considered before committing to NC State were ACC teams, and it is unclear whether ACC teams will be allowed to sign him. That could really open things up and give teams like CU a puncher’s chance.
vivid_dude

Postby Durango Jay » Fri May 18, 2018 10:42 am

vivid_dude wrote:
cujaysfan wrote:turnabout is fair play

let's go get saddiq bey

If what I’m reading about this kid is true, his last few teams he considered before committing to NC State were ACC teams, and it is unclear whether ACC teams will be allowed to sign him. That could really open things up and give teams like CU a puncher’s chance.

His top six before he originally committed to NC State were Miami \(FL\), Pitt, NC State, Xavier, Princeton and Northwestern.
Durango Jay

Postby cujaysfan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:45 pm

Saddiq Bey to Nova

Rich get richer
cujaysfan

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:15 pm

Good "on the rebound" pickup for Nova.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby WBR Tom » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:58 pm

So this is working out well:

WBR Tom

Postby mredle » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:22 pm

Unless he divorces his father, we should Steere clear (sorry).
mredle

Postby XMLeopardJay » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:50 pm

https://ncstate.rivals.com/news/noteboo ... e-in-limbo

Ian Steere considering his options

While sophomore guard Braxton Beverly returned, freshman center Ian Steere was not in attendance Saturday. The 6-9, 261-pounder from Fayetteville (N.C.) Northwood Temple met with Keatts on Friday to determine his future. Steere’s name was entered into the NCAA’s new notification of transfer system.

Rivals.com ranked Steere at No. 138 overall in the country in the class of 2018. He originally verbally committed to Creighton, but then backed out on the Bluejays and zeroed in on NC State.

“I told him to sit back and take a couple of days and decide if this is the best fit for him, or if there is another place he can obviously go,” Keatts said. “I plan to have a conversation with him on Monday.”

Steere was the last player to check in against Chowan in the exhibition game and against Mount St. Mary’s in the season opener last Tuesday. He had four points and four rebounds in five minutes of action against Mount St. Mary’s.

“I wanted him to take a couple of days where he was still excited about being at NC State,” Keatts said. “I hope it works out for Ian because he can be a very good basketball player.”

Without Steere, the Wolfpack don’t have a third post player this season. Freshman Jericole Hellems would be the third guy, but at 6-7 and 198 pounds, he’d have trouble against ACC centers on defense. NC State will need redshirt junior Wyatt Walker and redshirt sophomore Funderburk to remain healthy and avoid foul trouble. Funderburk played well Saturday, making all five shots for 13 points and five boards.

“He [Funderburk] has been good for us,” Keatts said. “He is a young man, and I’ve said this before, he can guard the one-through-five. He can make shots, he’s long and he can rebound the basketball.”
XMLeopardJay

Postby vivid_dude » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:14 pm

I hear that LaMelo Ball is trying to get a college scholarship somewhere. He may be a great fit at Creighton, along with Ian and if Tugs can somehow get some more eligibility (never say never), we'd be set.

Can we start a GoFundMe page for Dr. Jack Stark's overtime and own therapy bills?
vivid_dude

Postby slaw » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:01 pm

Is Creighton an option? I'd take him back.

Maybe this was a case that he really wanted to come to Creighton, but had other pressures to commit elsewhere?
slaw

Postby taa71458 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:06 pm

Pre$$ure?
taa71458

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting