Transfers 2017

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Transfers 2017

Postby Jet915 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:59 pm

So im assuming he's not graduating? 2 years for 1 kinda sucks.
Jet915

Postby section202jay » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:03 pm

Jacob Padilla is the one to weigh in on Thurman's play. But I watch UNO as often as anybody probably and the Summit League tournament was perhaps his best stretch as a Mav. He's usually not quite that good. My complaint with him as a UNO fan were his puzzling turnovers and somewhat lazy defense. Sometimes he catches a ball, goes to dribble it and it goes right off his foot. His three-point shooting was almost non-existent through the regular season until the conference tournament, where he knocked in 5 three's. He had 6 all season to that point.

However, he's usually good for 12 and 7 a night, which is pretty damn good. I am pointing out the negative to him because most of you have seen the positives.

I'm definitely not saying Thurman is trash, but a 4-year player is a better option than Thurman. We need to win next season. Taa is correct.
section202jay

Postby JacobPadilla » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:20 pm

I agree with 202. I don't think he's a Big East player.

Thurman is a 6-foot-7 PF whose perimeter skills never really developed, and he's very good at that level but would struggle in a major conference. He played right away, so as far as I know he'll have to sit one to play one.

This is just dumb. The people around him are driving this, the same people that kept him from committing to UNO until the last moment because they thought Kansas would come calling or something.

UNO was going to take a step back next year most likely, but they still have a lot of young talent an he had a chance to be the guy and become an all-time great at the school. Just dumb. He has no clue where he's going; nothing lined up at all.
JacobPadilla

Postby Old MVC Days » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:56 pm

It is too bad. UNO seemed like they could be pretty decent next year too with him.

I could see him end up at a place like UCF or Houston or one of those tweener programs. Not really a midmajor but certainly not a power.
"This feels almost ... holy, as if Wragge and Co. were some breakaway group of ascetics who decided to shoot threes instead of chant sutras." - Deadspin
Old MVC Days

Postby LynchMob » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:15 pm

My complaint with him as a UNO fan were his puzzling turnovers and somewhat lazy defense. Sometimes he catches a ball, goes to dribble it and it goes right off his foot.

Hey he'll fit right in, welcome aboard.
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
LynchMob

Postby section202jay » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:16 pm

LynchMob wrote:
My complaint with him as a UNO fan were his puzzling turnovers and somewhat lazy defense. Sometimes he catches a ball, goes to dribble it and it goes right off his foot.

Hey he'll fit right in, welcome aboard.

As I was typing that I had the same thought. "Hey, perfect for us!"
section202jay

Postby Trifecta » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:39 pm

JacobPadilla wrote:I agree with 202. I don't think he's a Big East player.

Thurman is a 6-foot-7 PF whose perimeter skills never really developed, and he's very good at that level but would struggle in a major conference. He played right away, so as far as I know he'll have to sit one to play one.

This is just dumb. The people around him are driving this, the same people that kept him from committing to UNO until the last moment because they thought Kansas would come calling or something.

UNO was going to take a step back next year most likely, but they still have a lot of young talent an he had a chance to be the guy and become an all-time great at the school. Just dumb. He has no clue where he's going; nothing lined up at all.

Agree 100%. Those that only saw him during the Summit tourney probably have a skewed view of what his game is really like. To me, his game isn't that dissimilar from say an Ed Morrow. Maybe more talented offensively, slightly worse defensively. But a 6-7 PF with no perimeter game had better be an elite athlete, defender, and rebounder--which he is not.
Trifecta

Postby drbluejay » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:42 am

Trifecta wrote:
JacobPadilla wrote:I agree with 202. I don't think he's a Big East player.

Agree 100%. Those that only saw him during the Summit tourney probably have a skewed view of what his game is really like. To me, his game isn't that dissimilar from say an Ed Morrow. Maybe more talented offensively, slightly worse defensively. But a 6-7 PF with no perimeter game had better be an elite athlete, defender, and rebounder--which he is not.

Thurman was quoted today in the OWH that he doesn't want to play the post position anymore because he wants to play after college and he said he won't be a post player at 6'-7" at the next level.
drbluejay

Postby Trifecta » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:59 am

Consider me not interested then. I think taking on a player with 2 years to play 1, with a goal of trying to fundamentally change his game for a shot at the pros, is a waste.

Id rather get a player with immediate impact or a 4 year guy.
Trifecta

Postby westojay » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:10 pm

Ed Morrow is available
westojay

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting