Transfers 2017

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Transfers 2017

Postby Ethanfor3 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:37 am

hilltopalum wrote:
LynchMob wrote:Thanks Hilltop. Is the staff still holding the spot open specifically for Tugs, or is the situation now more fluid?

The staff is banking on all the players coming back right now. Not sure if everyone will be back but the staff would prefer to role into the 17-18 year with this roster

Toby Hegner (R-Sr.)
Marcus Foster (R-Sr.)
Ronnie Harrell (R-Jr.)
Khyri Thomas (Jr.)
Kaleb Joseph (R-Jr.)
Jusitn Patton (R-So.)
Martin Krampelj (R-So.)
Davion Mintz (So.)
Kobe Paras (So.)
Ty'Shon Alexander (Fr.)
Mitch Ballock (Fr.)
Jacob Epperson (Fr.)
Brian Bowen (Fr.)

If this insinuates that the staff believes Justin IS coming back, color me VERY excited for next year!

PG - Joseph or Mintz / Alexander (RS?)
SG - Foster / Paras / Ballock
SF - Thomas / Bowen / Paras
PF - Harrell or Hegner / Bowen
C - Patton / Hegner / Krampelj / Epperson (RS?)

The depth on this roster is ridiculous as evidenced by me having a hard time slotting Bowen into anything other than an off the bench role.

If Bowen is good enough to crack our starting lineup somewhere, we'll be VERY, VERY GOOD next year.
Ethanfor3

Postby Oldfan » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:55 am

I think Alexander is a 2, not a PG
Oldfan

Postby hilltopalum » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:43 am

Seeing rumors that Deonte 'Teddy" Hawkins is on track to graduate from Illinois State and become a grad transfer. Fellow ISU(r) forward Mikyle McIntosh is on course to do the same but has stated he will return to Normal next season. Hawkins was heavily recruited by the staff out of high school when we were a member of the Valley. Hawkins is a productive low-post player and a good rebounder. Although..... he's got an edge to him. He was arrested earlier in 2016 for a DUI. Thoughts? He would instantly add an element of toughness to the frontcourt that seemed to lack that edge down the stretch but will all the off-the-court troubles we've endured the last few months is it worth the risk?
hilltopalum

Postby ictjay » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:06 am

hilltopalum wrote:Seeing rumors that Deonte 'Teddy" Hawkins is on track to graduate from Illinois State and become a grad transfer. Fellow ISU(r) forward Mikyle McIntosh is on course to do the same but has stated he will return to Normal next season. Hawkins was heavily recruited by the staff out of high school when we were a member of the Valley. Hawkins is a productive low-post player and a good rebounder. Although..... he's got an edge to him. He was arrested earlier in 2016 for a DUI. Thoughts? He would instantly add an element of toughness to the frontcourt that seemed to lack that edge down the stretch but will all the off-the-court troubles we've endured the last few months is it worth the risk?

Remember Teddy's 24 hr "commit" to Creighton on his FB page? It was impossible to get him enrolled. Don't see it.
ictjay

Postby LynchMob » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:46 am

If he can scheme his way into a Creighton grad program I wouldn't say no - but I'm not sure he's going to fly, I'm sure the administration is on edge right now.
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
LynchMob

Postby ictjay » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:03 pm

Ethanfor3 wrote:
hilltopalum wrote:
LynchMob wrote:Thanks Hilltop. Is the staff still holding the spot open specifically for Tugs, or is the situation now more fluid?

The staff is banking on all the players coming back right now. Not sure if everyone will be back but the staff would prefer to role into the 17-18 year with this roster

Toby Hegner (R-Sr.)
Marcus Foster (R-Sr.)
Ronnie Harrell (R-Jr.)
Khyri Thomas (Jr.)
Kaleb Joseph (R-Jr.)
Jusitn Patton (R-So.)
Martin Krampelj (R-So.)
Davion Mintz (So.)
Kobe Paras (So.)
Ty'Shon Alexander (Fr.)
Mitch Ballock (Fr.)
Jacob Epperson (Fr.)
Brian Bowen (Fr.)

If this insinuates that the staff believes Justin IS coming back, color me VERY excited for next year!

PG - Joseph or Mintz / Alexander (RS?)
SG - Foster / Paras / Ballock
SF - Thomas / Bowen / Paras
PF - Harrell or Hegner / Bowen
C - Patton / Hegner / Krampelj / Epperson (RS?)

The depth on this roster is ridiculous as evidenced by me having a hard time slotting Bowen into anything other than an off the bench role.

If Bowen is good enough to crack our starting lineup somewhere, we'll be VERY, VERY GOOD next year.

See some 4 guard lineups. Most here didn't understand the "athletic" impact Patton was going to bring this year. Ballock and Alexander are cut from the same cloth. Studs.
ictjay

Postby section202jay » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:01 pm

Ethanfor3 wrote:

I'd like to think that if we get Bowen, he's starting.
section202jay

Postby cujaysfan » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:40 pm

what the heck is going on at virginia?
cujaysfan

Postby LJay » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:43 pm

Who the hell wants to play in a system that fosters 52-48 games?!?! 8-)
89 - 60
LJay

Postby cujaysfan » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:45 pm

it's not like that's a secret going in - and - bennett has shaped them into a winner and at worst a tier 2 ACC team

but - in Nov - austin nichols was dismissed

Marial Shayok and Jarred Reuter announced that they would be transferring. Today, Darius Thompson announced that he's leaving too...
cujaysfan

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting