Spring Signing Period

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Spring Signing Period

Postby robry » Sat May 20, 2017 2:37 pm

All speculation right now. I hope we get Tugs so we can have this be a legit convo
robry

Postby Eye of the Jay » Sat May 20, 2017 2:54 pm

If we do get Tugs and that's a big IF wouldn't mind seeing a lineup with Foster running the point Khyri, Bowen, Ronnie and Krampelj. If Toby's healthy and playing like he did early in the year then put him at the 5. Krampelj and Suarez have potential to be rebounding machines so would like to see one of them in the game at a time.
Eye of the Jay

Postby BostonBlueJay » Sat May 20, 2017 9:14 pm

Eye of the Jay wrote:If we do get Tugs and that's a big IF wouldn't mind seeing a lineup with Foster running the point Khyri, Bowen, Ronnie and Krampelj. If Toby's healthy and playing like he did early in the year then put him at the 5. Krampelj and Suarez have potential to be rebounding machines so would like to see one of them in the game at a time.

I would actually mind that... Foster is better on the wing, breaking to the hoop off a screen, etc.
BostonBlueJay

Postby #RollJays » Sat May 20, 2017 10:44 pm

Eye of the Jay wrote:If we do get Tugs and that's a big IF wouldn't mind seeing a lineup with Foster running the point Khyri, Bowen, Ronnie and Krampelj. If Toby's healthy and playing like he did early in the year then put him at the 5. Krampelj and Suarez have potential to be rebounding machines so would like to see one of them in the game at a time.

I could see Ronnie running the point and guarding the 4 on defense. Foster playing point just isn't a natural fit.
#RollJays

Postby Alphawalt » Sun May 21, 2017 12:56 pm

#RollJays wrote:

I could see Ronnie running the point and guarding the 4 on defense. Foster playing point just isn't a natural fit.

I agree, no way Foster is running the point unless we are in desperation mode due to injury or foul trouble. Also, there is no way Krampelj is starting, and I think Ronnie will be used as the top 6th man off the bench.
Alphawalt

Postby fritzpointer » Mon May 22, 2017 5:16 pm

Here's hoping for great news very soon. Good luck Staff. Go Jays!
fritzpointer

Postby Jaysker12 » Mon May 22, 2017 5:48 pm

Gtmo I echo your concerns about Bowen's size for the 4. The last few 4's we have had were bulkier than him. But, the only one that was any good at rebounding was Doug. The team is going to be poor hitting the glass, may as well maximize your potential output on the other end
Jaysker12

Postby mredle » Mon May 22, 2017 6:37 pm

look, you could play Bowen for 10 minutes at the 2, 10 minutes at the 3 and 10 minutes at the 4 and he's played 30 minutes against a 4. You could cherry pick those minutes against the opponents 4 by playing him against the 4 when it is the opponents second team 4. Playing Bowen at the 4 doesn't mean Bowen has to play the opponents 4. Let's say for the sake of argument that Ronnie is our starting point guard and Bowen is our 4. When we are on defense Ronnie might defend the 4, Bowen the 3 and khyri the 2 or the 1. During the championship series in Magic Johnson's rookie season, Kareem was injured and unable to play in what turned out to be the last game of that series. Magic played the post and the Lakers won. There are all kinds of way to manage players, their minutes and their assignments.
mredle

Postby ictjay » Mon May 22, 2017 7:02 pm

Defense doesn't matter.
ictjay

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon May 22, 2017 7:07 pm

Thanks mredle. I see your point. There are myriad scenarios which the staff may choose to explore.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting