Switch to full style
Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.
Post a reply

Re: Spring Signing Period

Thu May 18, 2017 9:54 pm

good lord

yeah - we're just gonna move an a guy who is all BE caliber to the bench for someone who hasn't played a minute of college basketball

SMH

Thu May 18, 2017 11:26 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Hmmm, really? Please 'splain your point of view.
Common sense.

Fri May 19, 2017 8:29 am

This may be one of GTMO's most outlandish posts ever... and that's saying something!

Fri May 19, 2017 11:39 am

So you're sayin' you disagree? fine. Please elaborate. Tugs is not a 4, he's 190 lbs (soaking wet).

Fri May 19, 2017 11:51 am

And Patton was 220 soaking wet at the 5. If you think our best two way player is coming off the bench you're insane

Fri May 19, 2017 12:05 pm

If I recall the post (previous page) I believe I said "Splitting time with Khyri". I never mentioned starting over Khyri. :lol:
:o

Although...that begs the question...Do we start Tugs at the 4 and run a "small ball" lineup predominantly - cause that's what you have with him at the 4; or do we use a more traditional lineup with a 5, and either Toby or Martin at the 4, Khyri/Tugs at the 3...and so forth?

Situationally speaking there are times when a "small ball" lineup is advantageous. Does the roster (with Tugs) now dictate such a lineup as our main lineup? You are the same group that always cries about getting pounded on the glass on D and not getting many offensive rebounds and 2nd chance putbacks. Most folks don't butter there bread on both sides - you can't have it both ways - small ball has it deficiencies - etc., etc.

Just asking since your feathers are all mussed up. ;)
Last edited by gtmoBlue on Fri May 19, 2017 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 19, 2017 12:15 pm

GTMO
I think you do both if your Mac depending on the matchups you like and what you are willing to concede.

Fri May 19, 2017 12:16 pm

Technically, Tazz will "split time" with someone, because he won't play all 40 minutes every game.

But he played 31.2 minutes per game for us this year and, as others have pointed out, was our best overall player. I cannot envision a scenario, regardless of who is on campus next year, where that number is dramatically lower.

Fri May 19, 2017 12:17 pm

If Tugs commits Creighton will run with
- Joseph/Mintz
- Foster
- Thomas
- Bowen
- Hegner

you can bank on it.

Fri May 19, 2017 12:56 pm

hilltopalum wrote:If Tugs commits Creighton will run with