2019 C Kofi Cockburn (Offered)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2019 C Kofi Cockburn (Offered)

Postby Alphawalt » Tue May 01, 2018 3:21 pm

hilltopalum wrote:Creighton was in to see Kofi and other top NYC players this last weekend.

I have seen lots of posts that went to “see” a player play, and we “offered” a player - to me it seems most of the time it is a shot in the dark. How many players do we “offer” that never plan an official or unofficial visit? Seems to me unless we know a player wants to visit or is truly interested in coming to CU, why “offer”. We never get any prospects that have long offer sheets. The term “offer” to me seems overused, usually only to show a school is “interested” in a player, even when the feeling is not mutual. I say less “offers” but more serious focused ones.
Alphawalt

Postby vivid_dude » Tue May 01, 2018 3:33 pm

It is my sincere hope that our coaching staff completely ignores the above suggestion. In fact, please do exact opposite.

Yours truly,
Creighton fan
vivid_dude

Postby Alphawalt » Tue May 01, 2018 4:37 pm

vivid_dude wrote:It is my sincere hope that our coaching staff completely ignores the above suggestion. In fact, please do exact opposite.

Yours truly,
Creighton fan

So YOU were the one who asked many women out on dates, to be turned down by most of them, when you should have realized the one who said yes was the one you should have paid the greatest attention to from the start, as you had no shot with the others.
Alphawalt

Postby ZMagic30 » Tue May 01, 2018 5:18 pm

Alphawalt wrote:
vivid_dude wrote:It is my sincere hope that our coaching staff completely ignores the above suggestion. In fact, please do exact opposite.

Yours truly,
Creighton fan

So YOU were the one who asked many women out on dates, to be turned down by most of them, when you should have realized the one who said yes was the one you should have paid the greatest attention to from the start, as you had no shot with the others.

If the question is “would you rather ask every Victoria’s Secret model on a date than go on one date with Roseanne Barr?” then the answer is yes yes yes yes yes yes x100000
ZMagic30

Postby vivid_dude » Tue May 01, 2018 5:43 pm

Alphawalt wrote:

Yours truly,
Creighton fan

It is also my sincere hope that our coaching staff doesn't take irrelevantly-conjured dating hypotheticals and apply them to recruiting.

Just because Creighton offers, doesn't mean Creighton overcommits its resources to that player. That part is strategic and focused. The act of offering doesn't have to be. There's no harm in making an offer to a player you have a brief talk with if that players expresses even the mildest of interest. It's a way to continue the conversation. It's a way to get Creighton's name out there for the top guys. It's smart.
vivid_dude

Postby Easypaddy » Wed May 02, 2018 8:26 am

Just find the right person for you. Keep your head up they are out there.
Easypaddy

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed May 02, 2018 10:46 am

Over emphasis on getting Kofi Cockburn doesn't necessarily prevent Joe Cremo from coming. I would accept both but
Cremo in 2018 is the priority.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:41 am

per twitter, Alex Slater...Cockburn reduces friction by narrowing his focus & list... Jays didn't make the cut.

https://twitter.com/Andrew__Slater/stat ... 8913921026
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Alphawalt » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:09 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:per twitter, Alex Slater...Cockburn reduces friction by narrowing his focus & list... Jays didn't make the cut.

https://twitter.com/Andrew__Slater/stat ... 8913921026

Looks like my comments at the top of this page were spot on. I don’t mind putting out a lot of offers. I do mind putting out unrealistic ones.
Alphawalt

Postby cujaysfan » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:17 pm

i'll just assume we refused to pay the going rate for sierra canyon recruits
cujaysfan

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting