2018 C Brady Heiman (Nebraska Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2018 C Brady Heiman (Nebraska Commit)

Postby Helmzy » Fri May 03, 2019 11:59 am

ZMagic30 wrote:I agree with that. I personally had family members who were mad that he wasn’t offered by CU, but they were pretty close to the situation. Not sure that he should’ve been offered by a B1G school to begin with, at least right out of high school, but it’s been talked about numerous times on this board - scholarships are not for four years. They’re for one year. It’s pretty par for the course for this to happen. It’s a shitty situation, no doubt about it, but Creighton has absolutely done the same thing. They haven’t done it in the context of asking a local kid to transfer after one season, but cmon - Leon Gilmore, Marlon Stewart, Darian Harris. These are all guys from the past 5-6 years who have transferred under similar circumstances.

Or because they simply weren’t happy with their playing time?
Helmzy

Postby mightyskid » Fri May 03, 2019 12:11 pm

bluejayb13 wrote:
mightyskid wrote:
hilltopalum wrote:Not a great look for Hoiberg, telling the kid right before his last final. Maybe the Jays have done it like that in the past but it hasn't made the media, not sure, either way not a good look for a coach hoping to make in-roads in the NE marketplace.

As for the Jays, I think that ship has sailed. Jays offered Heiman a gray-shirt option last year. He took Miles up on his offer. Jays have targeted some really promising 2020 Center's, who would be eligible same time as Heiman.

Basically, what I'm saying.......let's worry about what Creighton's staff is doing with regards to recruiting and roster management. I'd be disappointed if Creighton staff were to have offered Heiman anything more than a greyshirt, or went after him now........the kid is Omaha level.

I do think it is unfair to Heiman that everyone is pretty much is labeling him a bust at major level college basketball after one season in which he wasn't even supposed to play. The guy was a 3 star mid 300 recruit. That would be like Mitchell or Windham being thrust into playing time this year and if they don't play well saying they aren't cut out for this level. Guy needs to bulk up, and it is shitty that the local guy who picked Nebraska because it was a local school gets shoved out pretty publicly.

I’m not labeling him a bust. I watched his film from HS, and didn’t feel he fit Big 10 or Big East Basketball. He was offered by UNL, and a grey shirt by CU (which I did not know until today). He grabbed the opportunity at UNL, and I think he had to give it a try. Their roster was in such crap-shape, he was thrown into fire way early. I feel for him, and I will watch how he does wherever he ends up. I hope he goes to a program he can have some success.
mightyskid

Postby bluejayfan00 » Fri May 03, 2019 12:15 pm

Wonder if D-Rock reaches out
bluejayfan00

Postby bluejayb13 » Fri May 03, 2019 12:25 pm

bluejayfan00 wrote:Wonder if D-Rock reaches out

I would guess UNO, or Iowa Western for a year to figure things out because he has said he wants to remain close to home.
bluejayb13

Postby Dr. Jay » Fri May 03, 2019 12:41 pm

Idk 6’10” with a huge chip on his shoulder for NU. You can’t teach either of those....
My brother and I used to say that drownin' in beer was like heaven, eh? Now he's not here, and I've got two soakers... this isn't heaven. This sucks! Bob McKenzie
Dr. Jay

Postby JacobPadilla » Fri May 03, 2019 1:33 pm

ZMagic30 wrote:I agree with that. I personally had family members who were mad that he wasn’t offered by CU, but they were pretty close to the situation. Not sure that he should’ve been offered by a B1G school to begin with, at least right out of high school, but it’s been talked about numerous times on this board - scholarships are not for four years. They’re for one year. It’s pretty par for the course for this to happen. It’s a shitty situation, no doubt about it, but Creighton has absolutely done the same thing. They haven’t done it in the context of asking a local kid to transfer after one season, but cmon - Leon Gilmore, Marlon Stewart, Darian Harris. These are all guys from the past 5-6 years who have transferred under similar circumstances.

They are in the Big Ten now.
JacobPadilla

Postby Jet915 » Fri May 03, 2019 1:37 pm

Would he walk-on here? We can use the height.
Jet915

Postby REALITY » Fri May 03, 2019 1:47 pm

Jet915 wrote:Would he walk-on here? We can use the height.

I doubt it. I'd imagine that he is holding on some resentment for not being offered the first time and would probably think a PWO would be an insult at this point.
Besides, unless his family has enough money, walking on makes no financial sense, especially when he can get a scholarship at
smaller school and almost assuredly start or play big minutes immediately.
REALITY

Postby Chicagojayfan » Fri May 03, 2019 3:23 pm

REALITY wrote:
Jet915 wrote:Would he walk-on here? We can use the height.

I doubt it. I'd imagine that he is holding on some resentment for not being offered the first time and would probably think a PWO would be an insult at this point.
Besides, unless his family has enough money, walking on makes no financial sense, especially when he can get a scholarship at
smaller school and almost assuredly start or play big minutes immediately.

There are MVC and other teams who would take his height. He may surprise a bit after a proper year of S&C and development (which seems to be what Mac said he needed in the first place).

I'd absolutely take him as a walk-on, but we need the last scholie for Enaruna right now and the scholarship route for us has sailed.
Chicagojayfan

Postby ictjay » Fri May 03, 2019 3:32 pm

Brett Barney of the Mac’s played 12 minutes a game this past year. Similar players. Walked on at WSU. No D1 schollies. Similar players.
ictjay

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting