2018 C Brady Heiman (Nebraska Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2018 C Brady Heiman (Nebraska Commit)

Postby REALITY » Fri May 03, 2019 4:06 pm

Chicagojayfan wrote:
REALITY wrote:
Jet915 wrote:Would he walk-on here? We can use the height.

I doubt it. I'd imagine that he is holding on some resentment for not being offered the first time and would probably think a PWO would be an insult at this point.
Besides, unless his family has enough money, walking on makes no financial sense, especially when he can get a scholarship at
smaller school and almost assuredly start or play big minutes immediately.

There are MVC and other teams who would take his height. He may surprise a bit after a proper year of S&C and development (which seems to be what Mac said he needed in the first place).

I'd absolutely take him as a walk-on, but we need the last scholie for Enaruna right now and the scholarship route for us has sailed.

To be clear I'd take him as a walk-on without second thought, too. It makes a lot of sense for us. Having a walk-on big specifically for the scout team while he sits out would be of tremendous aid in practice since we wouldn't need to rotate any of the rotation guys there. Plus there's potential there. Certainly more than Geoff and Will and we saw what Mac did with them.
Again, I don't think it makes sense for him, though. He can go sit out a year and start the next if he drops a level where he might not see the floor much after his redshirt year here, depending upon how the roster shakes out.
REALITY

Postby LJay » Sat May 04, 2019 4:36 am

I do recall the fish wrap intimating at the time of commit that it was a choice over CU but the Jay offer was a 5 for 4 grayshirt possibility.

If he still somehow had four years of eligibility and no film on how he stacks up in P6 play then the Jays may have been interested. With three years left and not a lot of improvement shown over his high school years, I can’t imagine CU interest now.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat May 04, 2019 3:47 pm

With JE's injury history we have a need for a backup. Would be good if we could add Heiman.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby drbluejay » Sat May 04, 2019 5:41 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:With JE's injury history we have a need for a backup. Would be good if we could add Heiman.

He has to sit out this year plus CU is looking at bigger and better bigs for 2020. They have 9 offers to bigs for 2020 according to verbal commits. Heiman is not going to a power six conference unless he goes Juco for a year.
drbluejay

Postby bluejayb13 » Sat May 04, 2019 11:05 pm

drbluejay wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:With JE's injury history we have a need for a backup. Would be good if we could add Heiman.

He has to sit out this year plus CU is looking at bigger and better bigs for 2020. They have 9 offers to bigs for 2020 according to verbal commits. Heiman is not going to a power six conference unless he goes Juco for a year.

I agree but he likely won't have to sit out due to his circumstances. NCAA has been handing out waivers like candy
bluejayb13

Postby omajay » Wed May 22, 2019 8:19 pm

Committed to South Dakota.
omajay

Previous

Return to Recruiting