2018 C Brady Heiman (Nebraska Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2018 C Brady Heiman (Nebraska Commit)

Postby vivid_dude » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:37 pm

Jaysker12 wrote: Miles hasn't really resorted to ANY strategy for player development.

I fixed that for you.

I don't want to poke fun or be too overly confident, but recent Husker additions Brady Heiman and Thorir Thorbjarnarason don't make me too nervous about that rivalry getting closer. I already have a nickname for Thorir Thorbjarnarson. It's "Tim Smith." I hope it sticks.
vivid_dude

Postby taa71458 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:51 pm

Can't blame a kid for wanting to play for Tom Crean
taa71458

Re: 2018 C Brady Heiman (Offered)

Postby JacobPadilla » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:31 am

Helmzy wrote:Surprising

Why do you say that? It wasn't surprising at all. He got two high-major offers and took the one without a catch. He has more of a chance to play at Nebraska than he does at Creighton.
JacobPadilla

Re: 2018 C Brady Heiman (Offered)

Postby Helmzy » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:41 am

JacobPadilla wrote:
Helmzy wrote:Surprising

Why do you say that? It wasn't surprising at all. He got two high-major offers and took the one without a catch. He has more of a chance to play at Nebraska than he does at Creighton.

Good point but if he really wanted to get better than he would of went to prep school, learned from Epperson and fit into the Creighton offense as a JR/SR. A stretch but I don't see him fitting in with Nebraska at all. There's not another big ten 5 like him. They're all more athletic. just thought he would have succeeded more so at Creighton than Nebraska in the long run
Helmzy

Postby cu8493 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:34 am

Channel surfing on the way home from work yesterday and caught the interview on 590 with his H.S. coach. The jest of it is that Brady absolutely did not want to go to prep school. According to the coach, Mac also discussed a possible redshirt the year after that in order to spread out our bigs, which means Brady could end up being a 24 year old senior. He did not want to do that. According to the H.S. coach, after Miles offered, Brady or his people apparently got in contact with Mac to see what if anything he had to offer. When Mac's offer included prep school and a possible red-shirt freshman year, Brady chose to take the offer from UNL.
cu8493

Postby Jays26 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:21 am

According to the H.S. coach, after Miles offered, Brady or his people apparently got in contact with Mac to see what if anything he had to offer. When Mac's offer included prep school and a possible red-shirt freshman year, Brady chose to take the offer from UNL.

Wow, wanted to be a Jay so bad even after Timmy offered, I guess that sounds about right. I hope the kid does well but it must suck to have to settle.
Jays26

Postby AttyAlum » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:31 am

I like that Mac was honest with him and didn't try to feed him a bunch of BS. Good luck to Brady.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby vivid_dude » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:33 am

I'm not too disappointed with losing out on this player. That said, it would have been kinda sweet if he chose Creighton just for the fans to say to Nebrasketball fans "We put an offer out with several strict, burdensome contingencies, and he still picked CU over you." Not quite Ricky Kreklow level awesomeness, but still good.

I wish the local kid luck for every game of the year, except one. I'm also happy that Coach Mac was honest with him. Sounds like CU could have had Brady if Mac WASN'T forthright, but this is the better way to operate.
vivid_dude

Postby Helmzy » Wed May 01, 2019 2:30 pm

Transfer
Helmzy

Postby cu8493 » Wed May 01, 2019 3:39 pm

I'm a little surprised Hoiberg would cut loose a Nebraska kid so quickly. I get it the kid isn't really BigTen material. I saw him play in highschool and said as much when they gave him a scholarship. But, it doesn't seem like Hoiberg will fill all his scholarships with higher quality players this year. Might have given him another year. Brady might do well at UNO. They could use some size, and its not like the kid is devoid of all talent.
cu8493

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting