2019 Guard Shereef Mitchell (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2019 Guard Shereef Mitchell (Signed)

Postby Chicagojayfan » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:32 am

JacobPadilla wrote:
whtblu wrote:
JacobPadilla wrote:I thought a redshirt year would serve him well back when he committed and it still might, but if he's really put on 20 pounds this past year it would go a long way towards allowing him to hold his own right away. I don't know how many minutes will be available for him this season, but I do think his defense is good enough to get him on the court this season even if he doesn't play a ton.

Jacob, did you see him at the holiday tourney? Grew an inch or so and definitely filled out his frame. And that was back in December. He and Chris Hickman were trying to figure out who weighed more at the time.

I talked to him a couple weeks ago. He definitely put in some work down in Kansas.

Thanks Jacob, the prep schools really can do a great job -- I think stabilizing diet and workouts and school can help these kids progress quickly! And it really sounds like he worked hard.

How do you see him fitting in after next year when Davion graduates?

Do you think he'll be able to play together with Marcus on the court, and then also work as the backup PG?
On offense do you see us using him a bit like Mo (not that I'm comparing him to Mo at this point), -- as a guy who can take advantage of the spacing our shooters give us and create/breakdown the defense and get into the paint?
Chicagojayfan

Postby JacobPadilla » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:44 pm

Chicagojayfan wrote:
JacobPadilla wrote:
whtblu wrote:
Jacob, did you see him at the holiday tourney? Grew an inch or so and definitely filled out his frame. And that was back in December. He and Chris Hickman were trying to figure out who weighed more at the time.

I talked to him a couple weeks ago. He definitely put in some work down in Kansas.

Thanks Jacob, the prep schools really can do a great job -- I think stabilizing diet and workouts and school can help these kids progress quickly! And it really sounds like he worked hard.

How do you see him fitting in after next year when Davion graduates?

Do you think he'll be able to play together with Marcus on the court, and then also work as the backup PG?
On offense do you see us using him a bit like Mo (not that I'm comparing him to Mo at this point), -- as a guy who can take advantage of the spacing our shooters give us and create/breakdown the defense and get into the paint?

It might be tough to play Marcus and Shereef together unless the other team throws out a similarly small lineup. I think we'll see him more as a back-up his first couple of years and then we'll see how it goes from there.

That's definitely the best role for him in my opinion. He doesn't have the total court vision of Mo and he'll have to improve that part of his game, but he's more than capable of being a drive-and-kick style point guard with the shooters Creighton should put out there around him.
JacobPadilla

Postby Dough Boy » Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:30 pm

Shereef to the portal

Dough Boy

Postby JayPak » Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:30 pm

Thank you, Reef, and good luck!
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby bluejayfan00 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:32 pm

Hope he lands somewhere he can shine. Would love to see him have a big year.
bluejayfan00

Postby LJay » Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:39 pm

Hope he goes and plays for D’Rock at Drake. He could be really good in the Valley.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Trifecta » Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:58 pm

Best of luck! A Bluejay through and through.
Trifecta

Postby T-bone » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:07 pm

He will always be a Jay! Best of luck to him.
T-bone

Postby bugmuncher » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:22 pm

Sad to see him leave, but wishing all the best for Reef.
bugmuncher

Postby CU4LIFE » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:28 pm

Best of luck to Shereef, would love to see him stay in Omaha and play for the Mavs!
CU4LIFE

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting