Switch to full style
Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.
Post a reply

Re: 2018 F Sam Froling (Commit)

Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:19 am

Really excited about this pickup. Reminiscing on the days when a seven footer was a rare commodity in the Valley.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:20 am

Thanks for the shout out Polyfro. The days of lifting based on using a note card guide and missing dinner so thrown a 6 inch subway sandwich were not that long ago. The days of Altman getting pissed about me asking and basically smirking and laughing as I would ask him the same question again were not that long ago. Kudos to Dan Baily coming to Omaha from The Ohio Bearcats. Dan moved here by himself and left his wife and kids in Ohio for I think a year. I could be wrong but I think he lived in a dinky apartment across the street from Cali Taco for that year. Imagine that for a bit. Left a football school with its facilites and moved to Omaha who's dinky weight room sat someplace under the old gym. We finally upgraded personal and facilities. Money well spent. Dan deserves a ton of credit and who ever the person that pushed for his hire does too.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:45 am

blueblood wrote:Thanks for the shout out Polyfro. The days of lifting based on using a note card guide and missing dinner so thrown a 6 inch subway sandwich were not that long ago. The days of Altman getting pissed about me asking and basically smirking and laughing as I would ask him the same question again were not that long ago. Kudos to Dan Baily coming to Omaha from The Ohio Bearcats. Dan moved here by himself and left his wife and kids in Ohio for I think a year. I could be wrong but I think he lived in a dinky apartment across the street from Cali Taco for that year. Imagine that for a bit. Left a football school with its facilites and moved to Omaha who's dinky weight room sat someplace under the old gym. We finally upgraded personal and facilities. Money well spent. Dan deserves a ton of credit and who ever the person that pushed for his hire does too.

pretty sure Arby's was a common pre-game meal for the team during the funk/tolliver days. if I eat Arby's a day before working out, I cramp all over so I can't even imagine playing a D1 basketball game only a few hours later.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:59 am

After losing Ian Steere, this is about the best possible scenario.

Welcome Sam!

Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:02 pm

mannygakou wrote:
blueblood wrote:Thanks for the shout out Polyfro. The days of lifting based on using a note card guide and missing dinner so thrown a 6 inch subway sandwich were not that long ago. The days of Altman getting pissed about me asking and basically smirking and laughing as I would ask him the same question again were not that long ago. Kudos to Dan Baily coming to Omaha from The Ohio Bearcats. Dan moved here by himself and left his wife and kids in Ohio for I think a year. I could be wrong but I think he lived in a dinky apartment across the street from Cali Taco for that year. Imagine that for a bit. Left a football school with its facilites and moved to Omaha who's dinky weight room sat someplace under the old gym. We finally upgraded personal and facilities. Money well spent. Dan deserves a ton of credit and who ever the person that pushed for his hire does too.

pretty sure Arby's was a common pre-game meal for the team during the funk/tolliver days. if I eat Arby's a day before working out, I cramp all over so I can't even imagine playing a D1 basketball game only a few hours later.

After eating Arby's I'm usually across the street at a Shopko blowing up their bathroom.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:17 pm

Nice to see Coach Huss deliver as well.

I watched the youtube video. Sam has skills. You can see how he fits in to our offense.

The strength and conditioning program selling point part of the story is great to hear. The awareness by Blueblood back in the day is appreciated.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:02 pm

Alexander was ranked 11th?

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:55 pm

slaw wrote:Alexander was ranked 11th?

112* fixed my error.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:17 pm

the great work Mac and Merfeld do with big men is paying dividends. I remember saying about Groselle that Mac has turned much lesser guys into quality big men and that I was very optimistic for his senior year... Sure enough, Geoff had a big season.

Fast forward and you have Patton turning into an NBA player so quickly, and Martin's incredible improvement from when he got here (and other examples like Hegner's post D and Harrell learning to play inside more)... It has to be a big point in the favor or Mac and the coaches -- it's not like Kentucky taking a big man and them jumping a year later without any real skill change.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:12 pm

So we have three centers for the next couple years. Sam, Martin, and Jacob. Do they all get playing time or does one play the 4? Sam may not be ready to play next year and who knows he may redshirt but to early to talk about that.
Post a reply