Hunter Sallis offered (Gonzaga Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Hunter Sallis offered (Gonzaga Commit)

Postby fritzpointer » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:24 pm

Hunter has been offered by CU. 2021 G from Millard North. Go Jays!
fritzpointer

Re: Hunter Sallis offered

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:42 pm

Interesting that they'd offer Sallis before offering Hepburn. Pretty much everything I've read suggests Hepburn is the top player in the state in that class.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby bluejayfan00 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:23 pm

I’m going to give the staff the benefit of the doubt when it comes to evaluating in state/Omaha talent.
bluejayfan00

Postby JayPharmAlum » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:48 pm

Sounds Khyri-like to me. Saw Reef reached out to him tonight on twitter too.

Lots of talent in the metro. I'm convinced that Hepburn gets an offer soon and Murphy Jr is right there too.

Congrats to Hunter on the offer.
JayPharmAlum

Postby JacobPadilla » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:46 pm

Son of Omaha Central alumna Jessica Haynes, a Nebraska high school hall of famer who had a great career at San Diego State.

This offer is all about upside. He's about 6'2" with a 6'5.5" wingspan and 29.5" standing vertical at 15 years old. I talked to Millard North coach Tim Cannon tonight and he thinks Sallis will grow to be about 6'5" or 6'6".

He's a good athlete and long who can finish at the basket and shoot a little bit. He's crafty enough to create his own shot and has a projectable mid-range game. He's a little inconsistent and his IQ/shot selection needs some work. Can be disruptive defensively with his length.

He played for OSA with Preston Jr. and Tucker DeVries this summer. D-Rock offered him first and Ole Miss offered at the beginning of August.

Chucky is still a better basketball player right now, but he lacks some of the physical tools and projectable growth that Hunter possesses, which led to these offers.
JacobPadilla

Postby RVB » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:56 am

Millard North's Hunter Sallis is the latest Omaha-area product to get an offer from Bluejays

https://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/recrui ... 8bddf.html
RVB

Postby drbluejay » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:38 pm

I just listened to the TBL recording with OWH writer Jon Nyatawa who is assigned to cover Creighton Basketball.
He said he wanted to see more Omaha High School Basketball recruits sign with UNL over Creighton so they could compete against each other.
Give us another writer covering CU if that is the way he feels.
drbluejay

Postby blueblood » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:11 pm

fritzpointer wrote:Hunter has been offered by CU. 2021 G from Millard North. Go Jays!

Is this the same Hunter that posts on here? If so, I know him.
“Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, It makes you lean....
Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.”
blueblood

Postby KenoshaJay » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:31 am

drbluejay wrote:I just listened to the TBL recording with OWH writer Jon Nyatawa who is assigned to cover Creighton Basketball.
He said he wanted to see more Omaha High School Basketball recruits sign with UNL over Creighton so they could compete against each other.

Wholeheartedly agree!
KenoshaJay

Postby Waylon Van Smack » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:22 am

drbluejay wrote:I just listened to the TBL recording with OWH writer Jon Nyatawa who is assigned to cover Creighton Basketball.

Its just a husker pipe dream.... Jon does a good job filling some very big shoes. I enjoy his work.
Waylon Van Smack

Next

Return to Recruiting