2021 F Matthew Mors (Offered, Wisconsin Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2021 F Matthew Mors (Offered, Wisconsin Commit)

Postby LJay » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:48 pm

Dough Boy wrote:
BoarCommaThe wrote:Entered the portal a bit ago

Vermillion close to Yankton. Will be a Summit League legend.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Chicagojayfan » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:38 pm

Dough Boy wrote:

Trying to get my head around whether or not we'd be a player for him or not. We lose Hawkins and he has some similarities in position with Hawkins, so maybe that's an option, Kaluma's likely gone in a year, but Miller is coming in after a RS year as well.

We also have Green coming in.. so our forward list would look like - Kaluma, Miller, Mors, Green, with a few of those guys who can play SF and PF, and a few guys who can play SG and SF likely when we go small.

He can shoot the 3, although he isn't particularly long and athletic, but he has skills and he's a strong guy as well with a year of S&C in the B10

I'm kind of talking myself into this -- and I still think CU was a better spot than Wiscy for his game. That said, Nebraska, Iowa, Iowa State and others will come hard after him
Chicagojayfan

Postby SonofFrankTomera » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:26 pm

LJay wrote:
Dough Boy wrote:

Vermillion close to Yankton. Will be a Summit League legend.

+1
SonofFrankTomera

Postby JacobPadilla » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:34 pm

Chicagojayfan wrote:
Dough Boy wrote:

Trying to get my head around whether or not we'd be a player for him or not. We lose Hawkins and he has some similarities in position with Hawkins, so maybe that's an option, Kaluma's likely gone in a year, but Miller is coming in after a RS year as well.

We also have Green coming in.. so our forward list would look like - Kaluma, Miller, Mors, Green, with a few of those guys who can play SF and PF, and a few guys who can play SG and SF likely when we go small.

He can shoot the 3, although he isn't particularly long and athletic, but he has skills and he's a strong guy as well with a year of S&C in the B10

I'm kind of talking myself into this -- and I still think CU was a better spot than Wiscy for his game. That said, Nebraska, Iowa, Iowa State and others will come hard after him

I doubt Creighton would try to get involved. They cooled on him the first time and now they've got Green coming in plus Miller coming off his own redshirt. It truly does seem like a homesickness deal for Mors. He'd probably be best served dropping down to a lower level anyway. He could have a really nice career at one of the Dakota schools.
JacobPadilla

Postby Chicagojayfan » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:32 am

JacobPadilla wrote:
Chicagojayfan wrote:...

I doubt Creighton would try to get involved. They cooled on him the first time and now they've got Green coming in plus Miller coming off his own redshirt. It truly does seem like a homesickness deal for Mors. He'd probably be best served dropping down to a lower level anyway. He could have a really nice career at one of the Dakota schools.

No doubt he'd be really good playing for any of the Dakota schools - in terms of homesickness, no idea how close is close enough to home, and whether or not Madison was just not a good fit (it's definitely far different than any school in the Dakotas or in Nebraska, or even Iowa)

I'm probably more optimistic about his ability at the P5 level than you, and heard some good things about how he was playing in practice in Wiscy also. He's supposed to have put on around 20 lbs of muscle in his RS year and it doesn't appear to be anything like them asking him to go either.
Chicagojayfan

Postby AttyAlum » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:06 pm

Did he redshirt this year?
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby Jays26 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:15 pm

AttyAlum wrote:Did he redshirt this year?

Yes
Jays26

Postby Dough Boy » Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:29 pm

Transferring to South Dakota State
Dough Boy

Previous

Return to Recruiting