Grad Transfers Targets :: 2018

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Grad Transfers Targets :: 2018

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:08 pm

vivid_dude wrote:http://kwsn.com/news/articles/2018/mar/21/zimmer-daum-likely-to-return-to-sdsu-but-dont-rule-out-nba/

Sioux Falls article yesterday on Daum. This says - very scientifically, I might add - that there's a 70% chance he stays at SDSU, 25% chance he goes to NBA, and 5% chance he ends up at a "higher-profile school like Creighton or Nebraska." The article does make a decent point about the risk/reward of going to a bigger conference, and whether it would be worth it for him.



With all due respect, SDSU is a much higher profile basketball program right now than Nebraska.

And anyone who is going to say "Why would we want another Doug McDermott" should just stop posting altogether. It makes no difference at all what the single biggest need for this team is -- if you had a chance to get a guy like Doug, you do it. You try other ways to fix whatever else ails you. And I'm not saying Daum is a Doug-level player, but seriously -- if we could get another Doug, yeah, every single person associated with Creighton except for, apparently, one random message board dude, would jump all over that as fast as possible.
User avatar
Outlaw_Wales
 
Posts: 693
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:25 pm

 

Re: Grad Transfers Targets :: 2018

Postby vivid_dude » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:23 pm

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball/2018/3/17/17134932/arizona-basketball-ryan-taylor-evansville-grad-transfer-targets-recruiting-2018-roster-depth-chart

Arizona article on Evansville grad transfer candidate, Ryan Taylor. Per this article, he is apparently bad at defense too. I'll take him in a minute though.

And while I agree there isn't much difference between NU and SDSU, I would guess Daum's motivation would not be playing on a better team, but playing (and succeeding) against better competition. He would get that at NU. Despite the opinions of one, I think Daum is exactly what CU needs in 2018-2019. CU could be losing 55% of its scoring, if Khyri leaves (*credit to White and Blue Review) and replacing those buckets is going to be one of the team's biggest challenges. Daum would absolutely help. Is he the piece to get Creighton to the next level? Not sure, but I do know he's a piece to make 2018-2019 a better team.
User avatar
vivid_dude
 
Posts: 2024
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: Grad Transfers Targets :: 2018

Postby Waylon Van Smack » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:27 pm

Outlaw_Wales wrote:
vivid_dude wrote:http://kwsn.com/news/articles/2018/mar/21/zimmer-daum-likely-to-return-to-sdsu-but-dont-rule-out-nba/

Sioux Falls article yesterday on Daum. This says - very scientifically, I might add - that there's a 70% chance he stays at SDSU, 25% chance he goes to NBA, and 5% chance he ends up at a "higher-profile school like Creighton or Nebraska." The article does make a decent point about the risk/reward of going to a bigger conference, and whether it would be worth it for him.



With all due respect, SDSU is a much higher profile basketball program right now than Nebraska.

And anyone who is going to say "Why would we want another Doug McDermott" should just stop posting altogether. It makes no difference at all what the single biggest need for this team is -- if you had a chance to get a guy like Doug, you do it. You try other ways to fix whatever else ails you. And I'm not saying Daum is a Doug-level player, but seriously -- if we could get another Doug, yeah, every single person associated with Creighton except for, apparently, one random message board dude, would jump all over that as fast as possible.
wish we had a likey button. Solid take Outlaw
Image
User avatar
Waylon Van Smack
 
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:03 pm

Re: Grad Transfers Targets :: 2018

Postby hilltopalum » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:50 pm

I added some a dude from a Summit league team. Nothing new on Daum but think he needs to be on this list
User avatar
hilltopalum
 
Posts: 2201
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:42 am

Re: Grad Transfers Targets :: 2018

Postby hilltopalum » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:36 pm

added 6-3 Wake Forest guard Keyshawn Woods to list. He picked Wake Forest over Butler and Creighton in 2015 after transferring from UNC-Charlotte after one season. Averaged in double figures last two season with Demon Deacons, but numbers declined last year for Danny Manning's squad.
User avatar
hilltopalum
 
Posts: 2201
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:42 am

Re: Grad Transfers Targets :: 2018

Postby fritzpointer » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:02 pm

Keyshawn would be a great fit here. He could step right into this system and produce. Go Jays!
fritzpointer
 
Posts: 1289
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Grad Transfers Targets :: 2018

Postby vivid_dude » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:40 pm

Joseph Chartouny
12.2 PPG, 5.6 REB, 4.6 ASSISTS
Led nation in steals at 3.4/game
Fordham - Senior Grad Transfer

http://northpolehoops.com/2018/03/21/nba-prospect-joseph-chartouny-canadian-grad-transfer-seeking-optimal-situation/
User avatar
vivid_dude
 
Posts: 2024
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: Grad Transfers Targets :: 2018

Postby westojay » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:41 pm

vivid_dude wrote:Joseph Chartouny
12.2 PPG, 5.6 REB, 4.6 ASSISTS
Led nation in steals at 3.4/game
Fordham - Senior Grad Transfer

http://northpolehoops.com/2018/03/21/nba-prospect-joseph-chartouny-canadian-grad-transfer-seeking-optimal-situation/


Yes please
westojay
 
Posts: 645
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Grad Transfers Targets :: 2018

Postby Oldfan » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:17 pm

Um, yes
Oldfan
 
Posts: 368
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:24 am

Re: Grad Transfers Targets :: 2018

Postby cu8493 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:45 pm

5.6 rbs, 4.6 assists, 3.4 steals. Where is that likey button?
cu8493
 
Posts: 1570
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:03 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: RVB and 5 guests