2018 G Joe Cremo (Grad Transfer, Villanova Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2018 G Joe Cremo (Grad Transfer)

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue May 01, 2018 9:46 am

gtmoBlue wrote:Well, I suppose I'm a bit confused by Cremo. He has a short window of time and he was only visiting listed schools - that has changed. He is looking for a school where he can start/play - that too has changed. He will be behind Donte D, Booth, and Quinerly at Nova and behind KJ Lawson, Quintin Grimes, Devon Dotson at KU. Neither seems a viable choice. We seem the best opportunity for a 1 yr grad transfer. Must be the bright lights of Philly and Lawrence, KS. The signing period ends in a little over 2 weeks.

As for 2019 guys we have plenty of time (another year) to work in gaining a commitment.

to add a bit:
mredle, Cremo's situation is an entirely different scenario than HS recruit Carton. Cremo is a 22-23 y/o graduate with degree attempting to make a business decision to boost his profile to pro scouts (Nat'l/Int'l). He's got 1 year to impress and needs visibility. He would get more PT and good visibility at Creighton. But perhaps the lure of a "name" school is too great, thinking perhaps he would gain greater visibility while playing less - see Michael Mulder. With a short remaining window IMO we cut and focus on Stull or other grad transfers.

Carton is a 15-16 y/o kid (4-star) in HS who will choose a college. He can and will be influenced by several folks and factors over the next year or two. We have a good package and time to better our position with the young man. We are in a better position with Carton than say a Kofi Cockburn who has 30 offers and is an East Coast kid.
Last edited by gtmoBlue on Wed May 02, 2018 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Alphawalt » Tue May 01, 2018 3:25 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:Well, I suppose I'm a bit confused by Cremo. He has a short window of time and he was only visiting listed schools - that has changed. He is looking for a school where he can start/play - that too has changed. He will be behind Donte D, Booth, and Quinerly at Nova and behind KJ Lawson, Quintin Grimes, Devon Dotson at KU. Neither seems a viable choice. We seem the best opportunity for a 1 yr grad transfer. Must be the bright lights of Philly and Lawrence, KS. The signing period ends in a little over 2 weeks.

As for 2019 guys we have plenty of time (another year) to work in gaining a commitment.

to add a bit:
mredle, Cremo's situation is an entirely different scenario than HS recruit Carton. Cremo is a 22-23 graduate with degree attempting to make a business decision to boost his profile to pro scouts (Nat'l/Int'l). He's got 1 year to impress and needs visibility. He would get more PT and good visibility at Creighton. But perhaps the lure of a "name" school is too great, thinking perhaps he would gain greater visibility while playing less - see Michael Mulder. With a short remaining window IMO we cut and focus on Stull or other grad transfers.

Carton is a 15-16 y/o kid (4-star) in HS who will choose a college. He can and will be influenced by several folks and factors over the next year or two. We have a good package and time to better our position with the young man. We are in a better position with Carton than say a Kofi Cockburn who has 30 offers and is an East Coast kid.

I can’t believe I am seeing GTMO being realistic, and not overly optimistic. Of course, prior to next year, he will still be predicting 24-25 win season as always.
Alphawalt

Postby vivid_dude » Tue May 01, 2018 5:35 pm

ACC article on Cremo. Maybe I need to get over my Missouri Valley insecurities, but it still strikes me as cool for Creighton to be referred to as a "power program" in a Duke-centric article, written by ACC writers.

https://accsports.com/acc-news/duke-basketball-transfer-wire-update-joe-cremo/

And then here's a solid piece from today's Kansas City Star that doesn't mention Creighton, but really dives into Cremo's strengths and weaknesses. Good article. The OWH could take some notes.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article210214699.html
vivid_dude

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue May 01, 2018 7:46 pm

Alphawalt wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:

to add a bit:
mredle, Cremo's situation is an entirely different scenario than HS recruit Carton. Cremo is a 22-23 graduate with degree attempting to make a business decision to boost his profile to pro scouts (Nat'l/Int'l). He's got 1 year to impress and needs visibility. He would get more PT and good visibility at Creighton. But perhaps the lure of a "name" school is too great, thinking perhaps he would gain greater visibility while playing less - see Michael Mulder. With a short remaining window IMO we cut and focus on Stull or other grad transfers.

I can’t believe I am seeing GTMO being realistic, and not overly optimistic. Of course, prior to next year, he will still be predicting 24-25 win season as always.

Yes, it is a bit surprising isn't it - to me as well. Must be old age, dementia, or both. ;) 25 W's is about right...
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby jays911 » Wed May 02, 2018 10:55 am

Visiting Nova today: [link]
So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911

Postby vivid_dude » Thu May 03, 2018 10:10 am

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article210263449.html

Cremo comes out with a new final five recruiting list: Creighton, Villanova, Texas, Gonzaga and Kansas. It appears as if Duke has been eliminated. Get lost, Blue Devils. You can't compete with Creighton.

Obviously, stiff competition. It's cool to be in the final five with this group. It would be amazing if we actually beat them all for Joe.
vivid_dude

Postby Eye of the Jay » Thu May 03, 2018 12:52 pm

If he’s looking for playing time on a major conference bubble team then we’ll be a perfect fit - think kreklow priorities. But if he wants to be a solid 6th/7th guy on a top 4 seed school then he’ll most likely look elsewhere.

Hoping he picks here and he enjoys a stellar sweet 16 run in his year here.
Eye of the Jay

Postby mredle » Thu May 03, 2018 4:26 pm

vivid_dude wrote:http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article210263449.html

Cremo comes out with a new final five recruiting list: Creighton, Villanova, Texas, Gonzaga and Kansas. It appears as if Duke has been eliminated. Get lost, Blue Devils. You can't compete with Creighton.

Obviously, stiff competition. It's cool to be in the final five with this group. It would be amazing if we actually beat them all for Joe.

Vivid_dude, I think its more a question of which players among the final five go to the draft, which return and whether Cremo is that team's first replacement ... oh and as always, whether the kid is in line for the "special" Addidas endowed athletic scholarship to Louisville.
mredle

Postby ictjay » Thu May 03, 2018 4:36 pm

vivid_dude wrote:http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article210263449.html

I think Texas is done.
ictjay

Postby JayPak » Thu May 03, 2018 4:39 pm

Now we just got to beat out Nova, Kansas, and the Zags.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting