2018 Matt Mooney (Grad Transfer, Texas Tech Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2018 Matt Mooney (Grad Transfer, Texas Tech Commit)

Postby Alphawalt » Mon May 14, 2018 8:15 pm

I think it has reached the stage where the natives are simply restless to the natives need to complain. I, for one, think Mac’s approach with recruits is too low key, “low energy” so to speak. We need more fire in the belly to sell CU to the recruits that want a fire in the belly coach. We need more fire in the belly in the NCAA tourney going forward.
Alphawalt

Postby jfan » Mon May 14, 2018 8:24 pm

vivid_dude wrote:Right or wrong, 98% of people (that’s exact) who would read this thread would laugh hysterically at most of you, with the message, “People from Omaha are making fun of Lubbock? Really?”

I hate his choice, but I’d never knock it. He decided what he thought best for him. Maybe a college town swayed him. Maybe it was the likelihood of TT being better in 2018-2019. Maybe he was paid Tugs-level cash. We don’t know. Responding “Lubbock sucks” is sour grapes.
Yeah, I agree. Creighton is not a destination place until we start making some runs in the tournament. Right now, I can see why someone would pick TT over us given recent history. I love the Jays recruiting the last few years and think we have done extremely well with recruiting in general (This transfer period being the exception so far). By the way Vivid, the actual # is 96% !
jfan

Postby Alphawalt » Mon May 14, 2018 8:26 pm

vivid_dude wrote:Right or wrong, 98% of people (that’s exact) who would read this thread would laugh hysterically at most of you, with the message, “People from Omaha are making fun of Lubbock? Really?”

I hate his choice, but I’d never knock it. He decided what he thought best for him. Maybe a college town swayed him. Maybe it was the likelihood of TT being better in 2018-2019. Maybe he was paid Tugs-level cash. We don’t know. Responding “Lubbock sucks” is sour grapes.

There is no question Lubbock is a hell hole to any person who has ever been there. Objectively speaking, there are plenty of articles I have read in the past 10 years in which Omaha makes it in the top 10 of places to live, low unemployment, education, low housing costs, etc. I challenge anyone to find Lubbock making a list of top anything.
Alphawalt

Postby Alphawalt » Mon May 14, 2018 8:41 pm

jfan wrote:

Yeah, I agree. Creighton is not a destination place until we start making some runs in the tournament. Right now, I can see why someone would pick TT over us given recent history. I love the Jays recruiting the last few years and think we have done extremely well with recruiting in general (This transfer period being the exception so far). By the way Vivid, the actual # is 96% !

I call bullshit on this post. Texas Tech’s prior 7 years W-L records were: 18-14, 19-13, 13-19, 14-18, 11-20, 8-23, 13-19. There is ABSOLUTELY NO QUESTION Creighton is a better basketball program. One tournament run does not make them a better program. Poor choice by Mooney.
Alphawalt

Postby ictjay » Mon May 14, 2018 10:53 pm

I think he was scared he had to be “the man”. Praying that Taz would stay. Hate grad transfers. Much rather have someone with 2-4 years.
ictjay

Postby Jays26 » Mon May 14, 2018 11:00 pm

Alphawalt wrote:

There is no question Lubbock is a hell hole to any person who has ever been there. Objectively speaking, there are plenty of articles I have read in the past 10 years in which Omaha makes it in the top 10 of places to live, low unemployment, education, low housing costs, etc. I challenge anyone to find Lubbock making a list of top anything.

What???...Do you think that makes any difference to a kid that will be here for 1 yr tops and then long gone.
Jays26

Postby ZMagic30 » Mon May 14, 2018 11:56 pm

Coaches hard at work this offseason
ZMagic30

Postby JacobPadilla » Tue May 15, 2018 12:08 am

Alphawalt wrote:I think it has reached the stage where the natives are simply restless to the natives need to complain. I, for one, think Mac’s approach with recruits is too low key, “low energy” so to speak. We need more fire in the belly to sell CU to the recruits that want a fire in the belly coach. We need more fire in the belly in the NCAA tourney going forward.

How do you know what his "approach with recruits" is? Are you shadowing all the official visits?
JacobPadilla

Postby Alphawalt » Tue May 15, 2018 12:30 am

JacobPadilla wrote:
Alphawalt wrote:I think it has reached the stage where the natives are simply restless to the natives need to complain. I, for one, think Mac’s approach with recruits is too low key, “low energy” so to speak. We need more fire in the belly to sell CU to the recruits that want a fire in the belly coach. We need more fire in the belly in the NCAA tourney going forward.

How do you know what his "approach with recruits" is? Are you shadowing all the official visits?

All i can say if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then....
Alphawalt

Postby vivid_dude » Tue May 15, 2018 3:03 am

I think Mac needs to stop doing puppet show demonstrations to recruits during his pitches. I mean, the results aren’t there, so I’m at liberty to make very specific criticisms of his approach, not based in any fact whatsoever, because if it walks like a duck.

Come on, man!!!!
vivid_dude

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting