2018 Matt Mooney (Grad Transfer, Texas Tech Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2018 Matt Mooney (Grad Transfer)

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed May 02, 2018 7:01 pm

ictjay wrote:
I agree. Problem is schools are running out of schollies and Taz's situation guarantee is weighing on some of these guys minds. Tough for them to wait.

TBC Alum wrote:
I'm shocked that gtmo has not broke out the talk about someone dropping their schollie to become a walk-on.

I'm shocked U don't have anything better to do than waste digits. ;)
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby TBC Alum » Thu May 03, 2018 5:41 pm

gtmo - I kid!

There are 3 things I can always count on from you: 1) 25 wins, 2) Everyone out there is a recruit, 3) Walk-on U. It's been awhile since you've mentioned #3.
TBC Alum

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu May 03, 2018 6:51 pm

Ronnie left...and probably Tazz. Too many open scholies. :lol:
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby ictjay » Sat May 05, 2018 12:24 pm

Sounds like we will hear Matt’s decision today or tomorrow.
ictjay

Postby Oldfan » Sat May 05, 2018 1:38 pm

Fingers crossed
Oldfan

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat May 05, 2018 3:31 pm

ictjay wrote:Sounds like we will hear Matt’s decision today or tomorrow.

Link??
gtmoBlue

Postby Helmzy » Sat May 05, 2018 7:29 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:
ictjay wrote:Sounds like we will hear Matt’s decision today or tomorrow.

Link??

https://twitter.com/ttuhoopsfans/status ... 96321?s=21
Helmzy

Postby ictjay » Mon May 14, 2018 8:48 am

Matt needs to pull the trigger.
ictjay

Postby cu8493 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:37 am

I assume he has been waiting to see how things shake out on who goes pro to see where he gets the best chance to play significant minutes, which from that standpoint KT's announcement should help. But, if it goes another week now that we know exactly what CU will look like next year, then it would seem to me he is holding out hope for a bigger name school to swoop in over the summer - same for pulling the trigger at any of the other schools on his list. If waiting on what happens at other schools, seems like May 20 is the watershed date for that (day to withdraw from NBA draft if returning to college, I think). Since we have schollies to give, I guess we aren't hurt by playing the waiting game with him, but I'm not going to hold my breath if he doesn't commit by this time next week.

Personally, I think we will be fine next year, but he would certainly help with the scoring punch. Don't know how his defense will be, however. We are really going to need someone who can stop opposing slashers from getting into the lane easily. Hopefully, that person is already on the roster (or coming this summer)

Need to score a recruiting hit soon. Hope Mac isn't hanging out at Pimlico all week :D
cu8493

Postby Savannah Jay » Mon May 14, 2018 10:17 am

cu8493 wrote:I assume he has been waiting to see how things shake out on who goes pro to see where he gets the best chance to play significant minutes, which from that standpoint KT's announcement should help. But, if it goes another week now that we know exactly what CU will look like next year, then it would seem to me he is holding out hope for a bigger name school to swoop in over the summer - same for pulling the trigger at any of the other schools on his list. If waiting on what happens at other schools, seems like May 20 is the watershed date for that (day to withdraw from NBA draft if returning to college, I think). Since we have schollies to give, I guess we aren't hurt by playing the waiting game with him, but I'm not going to hold my breath if he doesn't commit by this time next week.

Personally, I think we will be fine next year, but he would certainly help with the scoring punch. Don't know how his defense will be, however. We are really going to need someone who can stop opposing slashers from getting into the lane easily. Hopefully, that person is already on the roster (or coming this summer)

Need to score a recruiting hit soon. Hope Mac isn't hanging out at Pimlico all week :D

Withdrawal date for NBA draft is June 11. It'll be a long 4 weeks if that's what he's waiting for...but agree that Tazz's announcement, if that's what he was waiting for and wants minutes at CU, we could expect to hear something soon. The longer it goes, the less likely he is headed to Omaha, IMO.
Savannah Jay

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting