2018 Sam Griesel

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2018 Sam Griesel

Postby Oldfan » Thu May 10, 2018 11:20 pm

On the bench next to the walk-ons?
Oldfan

Postby RVB » Thu May 10, 2018 11:49 pm

Recruiting report: Creighton basketball showing interest in Lincoln East's Sam Griesel

http://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/recruit ... 62805.html
RVB

Postby HaRdWoOd » Fri May 11, 2018 12:59 pm

Just because you clowns dont know who he is, I guess you have a built in excuse for being ignorant. Probably the same guys that had the same remarks when Khyri was signed. He wasnt highly recruited, now he is going to be an NBA player.
How many points are an open scholarship going score? Not everyone is a top 150 recruit. There are a lot of under the radar guys that can play and if you are going to take one, take a local one. How many of those Final Four Loyola-Chicago players were highly recruited?
I dont know if Griesel can play big east basketball. I'm not paid to know, the coaches are. I have seen him play though. He has good length for the wing and a good skill set. Who knows what that can develop into down the road.

I think some guys on this board just like to hear themselves talk. If there is a topic, they are an expert on it.
Guys..seriously. Its ok to sit one out when you dont know what you are talking about.
HaRdWoOd

Postby Altman's Advisor » Fri May 11, 2018 1:14 pm

HaRdWoOd wrote:Just because you clowns dont know who he is, I guess you have a built in excuse for being ignorant. Probably the same guys that had the same remarks when Khyri was signed. He wasnt highly recruited, now he is going to be an NBA player.
How many points are an open scholarship going score? Not everyone is a top 150 recruit. There are a lot of under the radar guys that can play and if you are going to take one, take a local one. How many of those Final Four Loyola-Chicago players were highly recruited?
I dont know if Griesel can play big east basketball. I'm not paid to know, the coaches are. I have seen him play though. He has good length for the wing and a good skill set. Who knows what that can develop into down the road.

I think some guys on this board just like to hear themselves talk. If there is a topic, they are an expert on it.
Guys..seriously. Its ok to sit one out when you dont know what you are talking about.

But, but, but Mac went to the Kentucky Derby!
Altman's Advisor

Postby ictjay » Fri May 11, 2018 2:27 pm

Altman's Advisor wrote:
HaRdWoOd wrote:Just because you clowns dont know who he is, I guess you have a built in excuse for being ignorant. Probably the same guys that had the same remarks when Khyri was signed. He wasnt highly recruited, now he is going to be an NBA player.

That made me laugh Altman's Advisor. I hope Griesel is one of those guys with huge upside and comes to CU and tears it up. Most of the talk here is concerning "immediate" help. A HS senior with low D1 offers isn't going to excite anyone on paper.
ictjay

Postby Altman's Advisor » Fri May 11, 2018 3:07 pm

ictjay wrote:
Altman's Advisor wrote:

That made me laugh Altman's Advisor. I hope Griesel is one of those guys with huge upside and comes to CU and tears it up. Most of the talk here is concerning "immediate" help. A HS senior with low D1 offers isn't going to excite anyone on paper.

I understand that, but the modern era of Creighton men’s basketball was built by guys with those types of offers. Buford, Sears, Walker, Korver, Funk, Doug, Justin, Khyri, and so on. That has been the identity of the program long before “Let It Fly.”
Altman's Advisor

Postby ictjay » Fri May 11, 2018 3:53 pm

That made me laugh Altman's Advisor. I hope Griesel is one of those guys with huge upside and comes to CU and tears it up. Most of the talk here is concerning "immediate" help. A HS senior with low D1 offers isn't going to excite anyone on paper.[/quote]
I understand that, but the modern era of Creighton men’s basketball was built by guys with those types of offers. Buford, Sears, Walker, Korver, Funk, Doug, Justin, Khyri, and so on. That has been the identity of the program long before “Let It Fly.”[/quote]

No doubt. Wouldn't bother me in the least bit if the staff felt strongly about him.
ictjay

Postby JacobPadilla » Sat May 12, 2018 1:05 am

I'd be willing to bet Sam could contribute more than Manny Suarez did. He's a late bloomer who started last summer on OSA's second team then got pulled up to the Adidas team for July. He went from D-II to D-I with three weeks of solid basketball. He's an athletic slasher that does a lot of little things to help a team win. Jumper needs work but I think he shot better last summer than he did during this past high school season as a go-to guy (and he shot 35% as a junior and 37% as a sophomore). He's a role player at the D-I level, there's no doubt about that. But there's nothing wrong with doing their due diligence on a local kid with some talent.
JacobPadilla

Postby Helmzy » Fri May 25, 2018 11:15 am

To NDSU....
Helmzy

Previous

Return to Recruiting