2019 6’8 F Tristan Enaruna (KU transfer, Iowa State commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2019 6’8 F Tristan Enaruna

Postby slaw » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:48 pm

I know you can't post the text, but can someone paraphrase the article or share some nuggets?
slaw

Postby bluejayfan00 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:01 pm

slaw wrote:

I know you can't post the text, but can someone paraphrase the article or share some nuggets?

- Mentioned we've been on him for a long time and he has a "trusting relationship" with us
- Huss is the lead recruiter
- We've told him he can play right away, which is big for him
- We see him playing on the perimeter as a "3" (He's 6'10, so to be a 3 for us at 6'10 :shock: )
- Texas Tech, KU, Miami, Georgia Tech, and Illinois are his offers
- Decision will "likely" come in April
bluejayfan00

Postby hilltopalum » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:34 am

Good week at Basketball without Borders at NBA All-Star weekend for Tristan has seen some new suitors pop up for his signature, including Duke and Kentucky. Losing him would be a problem at this point, as the Jays have seemingly put all their eggs in the Enaruna basket.

The light has been flickering for Enaruna as a prospect throughout his senior season at Mount Pleasant (Utah) Wasatch Academy. It went from flickering to on at Basketball Without Borders this past weekend. Enaruna, who came to the United States from the Netherlands midway through last season, has always had the physical tools, standing 6-foot-8 and possessing fine length and good athleticism, but his game and confidence are advancing. At BWB, Enaruna played with purpose, knocked down long-range shots with ease and showed off an impressive feel and IQ for the game. Enaruna has the versatility to play as a wing or a face up four in college. Oozing with potential, Enaruna’s best days are ahead of him and with added strength he’ll evaluate further as a prospect.
Recruiting: Creighton, Kansas, Miami, Duke, Kentucky

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Basketball-Without-Borders-Which-prospects-stood-out-at-the-prestigious-international-event-129213273/
hilltopalum

Postby bluejayfan00 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:42 am

hilltopalum wrote:Good week at Basketball without Borders at NBA All-Star weekend for Tristan has seen some new suitors pop up for his signature, including Duke and Kentucky. Losing him would be a problem at this point, as the Jays have seemingly put all their eggs in the Enaruna basket.

The light has been flickering for Enaruna as a prospect throughout his senior season at Mount Pleasant (Utah) Wasatch Academy. It went from flickering to on at Basketball Without Borders this past weekend. Enaruna, who came to the United States from the Netherlands midway through last season, has always had the physical tools, standing 6-foot-8 and possessing fine length and good athleticism, but his game and confidence are advancing. At BWB, Enaruna played with purpose, knocked down long-range shots with ease and showed off an impressive feel and IQ for the game. Enaruna has the versatility to play as a wing or a face up four in college. Oozing with potential, Enaruna’s best days are ahead of him and with added strength he’ll evaluate further as a prospect.
Recruiting: Creighton, Kansas, Miami, Duke, Kentucky

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Basketball-Without-Borders-Which-prospects-stood-out-at-the-prestigious-international-event-129213273/

How good of a feel do you have on this one?
1. Is he as high on us as we are on him?
2. Would he actually play at a school like Duke, Kentucky, KU as an underclassmen?
3. Is he going to wait around to see what else comes up?
bluejayfan00

Postby hilltopalum » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:49 am

he's going to take visits after high school season. Jays have told me he's been their number 1 for almost two years, I think he knows that, but always hard to turn down Duke and Kentucky if they seriously come offering, and they will have holes to fill. I think he can play meaningful minutes for Creighton next year. He is a legit NBA prospect especially after scouts saw him up close at this camp. In all interviews I've read he always list Creighton first which is a good sign. Think Huss has done an excellent job of evaluating and keeping up with him. I would imagine we will get an OV, however once the season is over anything is possible in terms of other squad turnover and openings.
hilltopalum

Postby bluejayfan00 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:52 am

Welp, I guess I'm ready to be heartbroken again
bluejayfan00

Postby cu8493 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:24 am

IMO, this is where our inability to get to the second weekend of the NCAA really hurts us. If we were in the second weekend, playing to get to a regional final or even in the regional final, we become much more likely to land some of these kids. They know they have a punchers chance to get there if they come here. If the primary goal is a chance to be in the second round fighting for a spot in the regionals and final four (as it should be), they are going to take the offer from a Duke, NC, etc., if it comes; even if they don't love the school, the community, the coaches, etc., as much as CU. Going to the BE helped open doors, but we are going to have to do something with this opportunity provided by the BE before we are going to start winning those battles consistently. Yes, there will be some exceptions, like Mitch. But, until either Mac finds a way to get through to the next weekend or we bring in someone who does, Mitch is going to remain the exception in our recruiting battles, I fear.
cu8493

Postby hilltopalum » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:09 pm

I agree with many of those thoughts, but to a guy like Enaruna, what is more important is getting him to the league. Whatever you think about Mac as of late, his ability to put players in the league has been really good when you consider the talent level that he recruits from. He's not getting surefire NBA prospects and getting them contracts. He can sell Patton, Thomas and even Doug to these players. Obviously Duke and Kentucky can say the same thing, and at greater volumes.
hilltopalum

Postby cujaysfan » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:16 pm

Dear Creighton/Kentucky recruit -

Think long and hard about whatever Calipari tells you.

Sincerely -

Mychal Mulder
cujaysfan

Postby bluejayfan00 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:21 pm

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/BWB-Tristan-Enaruna-has-strong-showing-at-camp-gets-calls-from-Duke-Kentucky-129260330/

"I'm talking to Duke a lot." :cry:

On the Jays: "Enaruna has yet to take any official visits, but did slide by Creighton’s campus for an unofficial visit last week. The Bluejays have been recruiting Enaruna the longest, and he’s built a bond with Greg McDermott.

“I went on their campus last week in Nebraska,” Enaruna said. “On the way back to the airport we passed by that practice facility real quick, so I liked what I saw, but besides that I like the head coach a lot. I’ve been talking with them for a long time so I trust them and I know that if I go there I’ll be able to play and do my thing and play the way I’m best.”
bluejayfan00

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting