2019 6’8 F Tristan Enaruna (KU transfer, Iowa State commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2019 6’8 F Tristan Enaruna

Postby Chicagojayfan » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:28 pm

JacobPadilla wrote:I wouldn't get too excited about an unsourced speculative piece based on something Donovan Williams said in an interview.

No doubt, there's no smoke or fire there, yet. But, things are looking a lot like what many of us predicted when he committed to them --

"Mac will obviously be nice about this, but we all know what is coming. Kansas will recruit over Enaruna and slot him onto the bench or into a role player situation where he's a spot up shooter only. Maybe he'll look to transfer, but yet another player will decides that being a backup plan for a team like KU is better than a situation that is the best fit. Good luck to you. See you in the transfer portal in a couple of years"

At the moment, playing 7.7 minutes a game in conference. 1.8 field goal attempts per game, 0.6 of those 3 pt shots. Not doing much but being a spot up shooter in mop up minutes off the bench, without the minutes to get his shooting % up or gain any confidence/rhythm.

2020 signings - Bryce Thompson 6-5 combo guard/ wing, 5-star, didn't sign to sit the bench, IMO
Tyon Grant-Foster JUCO SG, 6-7, 3-star (lot of P5 offers), pretty athletic and long and can get his own shot nicely
Gethro Muscadin 6-10, 215 center, 3 star, but good offers and 4-stars in some lists. Similar tall, long player who plays outside a lot and blocks shots. Looks like a bit of a development guy to me, but with some skills

We'll see what Enaruna does, but honestly, most of this was pretty obvious from the start, IMO
Chicagojayfan

Postby Jet915 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:29 pm

Never know with these kids, some will stick it out on the bench (Mulder), others transfer...whether realistic or not, Enaruna was probably thinking NBA in 1-2 years, now, if he transfers, it's gonna be atleast 3 years.
Jet915

Postby cujaysfan » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:41 pm

mulder was JUCO - so not quite apples to oranges - so ride pine - sit out transfer year - to only play one year elsewhere

that's sort of rock and hard place for a kid
cujaysfan

Postby Chicagojayfan » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:51 pm

cujaysfan wrote:mulder was JUCO - so not quite apples to oranges - so ride pine - sit out transfer year - to only play one year elsewhere

that's sort of rock and hard place for a kid

Matt McQuaid might be a bit comparable. He was ranked 67th and stuck it out at Michigan State - 15 MPG, 21.0, 20.5, and 31.3 MPG for his career there, but had a more defined role and played more minutes in the conference his freshman year (17.3 MPG).
Chicagojayfan

Postby bluejayfan2054 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:15 pm

Right now Kansas loses 3 seniors in Azubuike, Lightfoot, and Moss. If Agbaji (NBA), Dotson (NBA), and De Sousa (transfer/kicked off team) are all gone after this year also, it opens a lot of playing time for a guy that already was the 3rd guy off the bench for between 10-15 minutes per game. I would bet he has a very solid chance of starting for them next year unless both Agbaji and Dotson return (I think unlikely as both projected 1st round picks). I don't think he would transfer until after the next season if these newcomers end up ahead of him during the season next year.
bluejayfan2054

Postby #RollJays » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:55 pm

bluejayfan2054 wrote:Right now Kansas loses 3 seniors in Azubuike, Lightfoot, and Moss. If Agbaji (NBA), Dotson (NBA), and De Sousa (transfer/kicked off team) are all gone after this year also, it opens a lot of playing time for a guy that already was the 3rd guy off the bench for between 10-15 minutes per game. I would bet he has a very solid chance of starting for them next year unless both Agbaji and Dotson return (I think unlikely as both projected 1st round picks). I don't think he would transfer until after the next season if these newcomers end up ahead of him during the season next year.

He’s not even really in the rotation at this point. In non conference he was seeing more minutes while they were blowing out lesser opponents. He’s averaging about 8 minutes per game in conference. It’s always a risk returning to a coach that barely had you in the he rotation.
#RollJays

Postby bluejayfan00 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:08 pm

0 minutes in KU’s game against Baylor today
bluejayfan00

Postby blueblood » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:23 pm

There wasn't one person on this board that didn't predict he would not play. I remember him committing and then KU just kept recruiting and signing guys in his exact same position. Most of us were shocked he got some time early in the season. Come May they are going to recruit over him all over again. Not sure how you recruit kids like this. I'm sure you show them example after example but they just don't think it will happen to them.
You can't convince me guys like Self and Roy Williams are such awesome coaches. Able to recruit well yes, but coach? Williams loses his horse and now where's that great coaching?
“Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, It makes you lean....
Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.”
blueblood

Postby #RollJays » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:17 pm

blueblood wrote:There wasn't one person on this board that didn't predict he would not play. I remember him committing and then KU just kept recruiting and signing guys in his exact same position. Most of us were shocked he got some time early in the season. Come May they are going to recruit over him all over again. Not sure how you recruit kids like this. I'm sure you show them example after example but they just don't think it will happen to them.
You can't convince me guys like Self and Roy Williams are such awesome coaches. Able to recruit well yes, but coach? Williams loses his horse and now where's that great coaching?

You bite your tongue and snag them the 2nd time around when they are 21 year old men.
#RollJays

Postby ictjay » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:20 am

Lightfoot is redshirting.
ictjay

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting