Hunter Sallis offered (Gonzaga Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Hunter Sallis offered (Gonzaga Commit)

Postby omajay » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:32 pm

Trifecta wrote:Is Hepburn even leaving Wisconsin now? His dad made some comments recently disparaging the transfer portal if I remember correctly. If he returns to Wisconsin he'll be THE man now.

Plus a bad season for Wisconsin is what Nebraska fans are now considering a good season or "progress."

If Sallis decides to just go play with Chucky and they both cut out UNL that would be *chef's kiss* That fan base would deserve it for all of their awful behavior in the last week.

Chucky's dad did bash the portal. He basically said the portal is a great option but is overused. He commented on the number of portal tweets every day.
omajay

Postby Realhoops » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:49 pm

omajay wrote:
Trifecta wrote:Is Hepburn even leaving Wisconsin now? His dad made some comments recently disparaging the transfer portal if I remember correctly. If he returns to Wisconsin he'll be THE man now.

Plus a bad season for Wisconsin is what Nebraska fans are now considering a good season or "progress."

If Sallis decides to just go play with Chucky and they both cut out UNL that would be *chef's kiss* That fan base would deserve it for all of their awful behavior in the last week.

Chucky's dad did bash the portal. He basically said the portal is a great option but is overused. He commented on the number of portal tweets every day.

His dad also had to go out on social media after Wisconsin played in Lincoln and call out the Husker fan base for booing Chucky everytime he touched the ball, calling out their apparent sense of entitlement that Chucky somehow owed them something and shouldn't have gone to a better situation at Wisconsin.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby Helmzy » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:55 pm

Helmzy wrote:More than 50% he ends up at Nebraska next year

More than 80% he ends up at Nebraska now
Helmzy

Postby jpinkham3 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:08 pm

Helmzy wrote:
Helmzy wrote:More than 50% he ends up at Nebraska next year

More than 80% he ends up at Nebraska now

Interesting. UNL wasn’t even in his final list of schools coming out of high school. But good for him. I hope he enjoys it.
Follow me on Twitter: @BluejayBuff
jpinkham3

Postby Jet915 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:44 pm

Would we be able to offer him playing time? Too many unknowns but I doubt he would want to come off the bench.
Jet915

Postby JayFan95 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:48 pm

I heard Bama is a main player, just FWIW
JayFan95

Postby Realhoops » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:48 pm

Maybe he picks Omaha!
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby Jaysker12 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:10 am

The reactions in the thread on the Zaga board are interesting. Most are complimentary of his defensive ability and athleticism. 50/50 split of people saying he didn't improve enough on offense to earn minutes versus he didn't improve on offense because he didn't play enough.

He was always a "potential" guy...dominated Nebraska HS due to his size and athleticism. I question whether he can make a leap in a power conference.

He's very similar in build to Trey. Slightly taller and perhaps has a couple extra inches of wingspan. My opinion -- if the coaches think Trey is leaving, they should recruit Hunter.. Otherwise -- he will be one of the first guys off the bench and I doubt that's the role he is looking for.
Jaysker12

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:14 am

Jaysker12 wrote:The reactions in the thread on the Zaga board are interesting. Most are complimentary of his defensive ability and athleticism. 50/50 split of people saying he didn't improve enough on offense to earn minutes versus he didn't improve on offense because he didn't play enough.

He was always a "potential" guy...dominated Nebraska HS due to his size and athleticism. I question whether he can make a leap in a power conference.

He's very similar in build to Trey. Slightly taller and perhaps has a couple extra inches of wingspan. My opinion -- if the coaches think Trey is leaving, they should recruit Hunter.. Otherwise -- he will be one of the first guys off the bench and I doubt that's the role he is looking for.

Well put. He was efficient there despite not hitting 3's (poor outside shooter really) and never got a lot of shots in their system, but Trey's just a better player at this point
Chicagojayfan

Postby LJay » Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:56 pm

89 - 60
LJay

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting