2022 F Jasen Green (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2022 F Jasen Green (Signed)

Postby JacobPadilla » Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:12 am

Jalen Courtney-Williams was sitting court side for the Metro Holiday Tournament semifinals at Baxter Area on Wednesday night. He saw Jasen surpass 1,000 career points, but Millard North lost to Westside.

I had Jasen with 26 points, 13 rebounds, 5 blocks and 2 steals in the game. He did all he could down the stretch to bring M back after they fell behind by seven, but it wasn't enough despite a few ridiculous plays in a row.

Jalen was also there for the first semifinal between Bellevue West and Omaha Central. Got a good look at Josiah Dotzler.
JacobPadilla

Postby NUgradCUfan » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:57 pm

JacobPadilla wrote:Jalen Courtney-Williams was sitting court side for the Metro Holiday Tournament semifinals at Baxter Area on Wednesday night. He saw Jasen surpass 1,000 career points, but Millard North lost to Westside.

I had Jasen with 26 points, 13 rebounds, 5 blocks and 2 steals in the game. He did all he could down the stretch to bring M back after they fell behind by seven, but it wasn't enough despite a few ridiculous plays in a row.

Jalen was also there for the first semifinal between Bellevue West and Omaha Central. Got a good look at Josiah Dotzler.

Thanks for the insight, Jacob. You've probably seen Jasen play in person more than most of us. Any player comparison? I kinda see some CB in him. Looks like more of a project, but with his frame I feel like he'll be ready at least physically pretty quick.
NUgradCUfan

Postby JacobPadilla » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:00 am

NUgradCUfan wrote:
JacobPadilla wrote:Jalen Courtney-Williams was sitting court side for the Metro Holiday Tournament semifinals at Baxter Area on Wednesday night. He saw Jasen surpass 1,000 career points, but Millard North lost to Westside.

Thanks for the insight, Jacob. You've probably seen Jasen play in person more than most of us. Any player comparison? I kinda see some CB in him. Looks like more of a project, but with his frame I feel like he'll be ready at least physically pretty quick.

There are definitely differences, but I would actually compare him more to Kaluma than Bishop. Kind of a tweener 3-4, long and athletic, maybe not totally polished with the ball but certainly capable of handling it and creating his own shot, perimeter shot needs more consistency, really versatile and impactful defensively with rim-protection and steals/deflections and rebounding.
JacobPadilla

Postby Chicagojayfan » Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:10 pm

JacobPadilla wrote:
NUgradCUfan wrote:

There are definitely differences, but I would actually compare him more to Kaluma than Bishop. Kind of a tweener 3-4, long and athletic, maybe not totally polished with the ball but certainly capable of handling it and creating his own shot, perimeter shot needs more consistency, really versatile and impactful defensively with rim-protection and steals/deflections and rebounding.

thanks Jacob. He's a really intriguing player/prospect. Agree with the comparison to Kaluma, Kaluma may be more athletic then him but Kaluma's pretty freakishly athletic, but they are both very versatile and with the height/length to do a ton of great things on the court.

Hoping that Kaluma starts shooting it in games the way people say he shoots it in practice.

One thing I really loved about Green's game in the limited times I've seen him is that he can be a scorer and a facilitator on the floor. I was impressed by his passing. He's not a PG, but in our system he'll get a good number of assists and maybe more importantly, deliver the pass to the guy who gets the assist for the guy who's most open.
Chicagojayfan

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:22 am

Mac in the stands for Jasen's win over Iowa recruit Josh Dix:

https://nonpareilonline.com/sports/amateur/boys-basketball-green-scores-20-as-millard-north-downs-abraham-lincoln/article_2436efea-9e52-5fe1-94d9-d1da23c49297.html
Teammates at one time long ago, Jasen Green and Josh Dix played up to their college credentials in their square-off Friday night.

Both had outstanding stat lines Friday night, but it was Green and Millard North who beat Dix and Iowa Class 4 No. 2 Abraham Lincoln 72-53.

Iowa-bound Dix had 28 points and six rebounds, but Nebraska No. 3 Millard North (9-1) denied the rest of the Lynx save for Jamison Gruber. In front of his future coach, Creighton’s Greg McDermott, Green had 20 points — seven in a minute in the fourth quarter to secure the win — while getting 13 rebounds, three blocks and two steals.

“He’s been tough all year," Millard North coach Tim Cannon said. “His blocked shots lead to fast breaks. He’s been really good. I was really glad to see this at the end where we were just getting it to him inside.”

Green said he and Dix played for Nebraska United from fourth to sixth grade.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:59 am

Jasen up to No. 107, Ben Schtolzberg at 142 in On3 rankings:

https://www.on3.com/db/rankings/player/basketball/2022/

Our 2022 class is 64th, 6th in the BE. Not bad for just 2 signings.

(should have posted this in the Class of 2022 thread.)
Wizard of Westroads

Postby LJay » Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:44 pm

Jasen coming on at 6PM Thursday (15 minutes from typing this) on Cox 116, KOHA2.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby jays911 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:18 pm

LJay wrote:Jasen coming on at 6PM Thursday (15 minutes from typing this) on Cox 116, KOHA2.

Thanks for sharing.
So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911

Postby jon4thejays » Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:53 am

“Green wins big games with little plays”
Sounds like a great fit for CU

https://omaha.com/sports/high-school/mc ... lar-sports
jon4thejays

Postby LJay » Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:48 am

Dotzler vs Green at 6 on Saturday on Nebraska PBS for the state title. DVR set.
89 - 60
LJay

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting