2022 F Jasen Green (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2022 F Jasen Green (Signed)

Postby Angry Dan » Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:56 pm

Congrats Jasen, Mustangs are State Champs!

Jasen Honarary captain for both Class A and all tourney team
Angry Dan

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:18 am

Really happy to have landed him - he really does a lot on the floor and isn't a guy who needs to be fed the ball in order to be productive, he's unselfish, can score in a bunch of different ways, can really fit in our system and is athletic enough to play D at a really high level as well (he looks like a guy who can switch onto anyone defensively, and defend 2, 3, 4's pretty regularly, or at least 3 and 4s)

Anyone know how tall he is right now? He's listed as 6-7 and 6-8 in different places (but back in 2018 measured 6-5.5 at a combine/camp
Chicagojayfan

Postby PAJay » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:02 am

I am thinking Green is a red-shirt next year and with a year of strength and training and conditioning turns into the next Christian Bishop.
PAJay

Postby TrueBlueJay » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:04 am

He can shoot the ball much better than CB. I doubt Jasen will play the 5 for Creighton.
TrueBlueJay

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:14 am

TrueBlueJay wrote:He can shoot the ball much better than CB. I doubt Jasen will play the 5 for Creighton.

That's my thinking as well. Sure he can play the 5 in a small ball lineup (a good thing for us to be more flexible), but to me he's a versatile forward who can play D all over, hit shots and fit about perfectly into our offense.

Next year will be interesting - he'll be competing against Kaluma and Miller for minutes at those forward spots, but we need shooters so if he can hit shots, he'll have a chance to get on the floor
Chicagojayfan

Postby JacobPadilla » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:43 pm

Chicagojayfan wrote:
TrueBlueJay wrote:He can shoot the ball much better than CB. I doubt Jasen will play the 5 for Creighton.

That's my thinking as well. Sure he can play the 5 in a small ball lineup (a good thing for us to be more flexible), but to me he's a versatile forward who can play D all over, hit shots and fit about perfectly into our offense.

Next year will be interesting - he'll be competing against Kaluma and Miller for minutes at those forward spots, but we need shooters so if he can hit shots, he'll have a chance to get on the floor

I think Jasen's defense will get him on the court before his shooting. He's improved his jumper, but it's not the strength of his game, especially from the 3-point line.
JacobPadilla

Postby Chicagojayfan » Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:56 pm

JacobPadilla wrote:
Chicagojayfan wrote:

I think Jasen's defense will get him on the court before his shooting. He's improved his jumper, but it's not the strength of his game, especially from the 3-point line.

it's good to hear that his D may get him on the court. His defense looked really good this year (from my limited viewing). Maybe he could find a Damien Jefferson kind of role to start? Length and athleticism are always good things to have available!

Excited for his future, though, his shot looks like it can develop
Chicagojayfan

Postby AttyAlum » Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:53 am

Chicagojayfan wrote:Length and athleticism are always good things to have available!

Three things you can't teach: height, speed and athleticism.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby go_jays » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:17 pm

You recruit SPIT...
Speed
Personality
Intelligence
Technique

You teach TIPS
Technique
Intelligence
Personality
Speed

Although you can improve/enhance Speed/Athleticism, for the most part, it's in their DNA... or not.
While you can work on their personality and motivate them, they usually, pretty much, come pre-programed.
You can teach them the game (make them more Intelligent) most of the time.
But you can have the greatest effect on their Technique/Skills.

So once you get them, you spend most of your time on improving Technique and Intelligence.

It's Coaching Economics101
go_jays

Postby Angry Dan » Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:42 pm

Trey Alexander got on the floor last year because he showed he could defend. That will work for Jasen too.
Angry Dan

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting