2019 G Bryce Moore (Grad Transfer, Xavier Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2019 G Bryce Moore (Grad Transfer)

Postby #RollJays » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:26 pm

hilltopalum wrote:he's a nice player, and a likely thorn in our sides a few times this year when we play X.

As an aside, Xavier is bring in 8! new players now.

Not sure how appealing being the 5th guard in our rotation is going to be to a lot of players. It would be nice to get away from the 4 guard lineup anyways.
#RollJays

Postby McKinney's Neighbor » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:44 pm

We already have more 6'2 guards than we need so I don't understand why we were going after Moore in the first place. The targets this spring have been very redundant with our current roster. Moore, Grill, this Windham kid - I thought we all agreed that this program needs size and length? We've got Martin in limbo, whatever is going on with Mahoney, Epperson having surgery every 6 months, and Sampson leaving - and yet we are targeting more 6'2-6'4 guards? I don't get it at all. We should have spent all year targeting length and size. And before anyone tells me the FBI deal hurt our recruiting - that's pretty wild that we are literally the only school involved that was effected! It didn't hurt USC, Louisville, TCU or Arizona...

It looks like it's Enaruna or bust for us. Hope we land him!
McKinney's Neighbor

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:23 pm

We've got 2 bigs (Martin & Jacob)... 2. Bishop is a SF. Maybe it's time to "show some interest" ina couple of Jucos? The Rivals experts think we whiff on Enaruna. We don't appear to have a backup plan... other than undisclosed "grad transfers". What say you guys?
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby #RollJays » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:29 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:We've got 2 bigs (Martin & Jacob)... 2. Bishop is a SF. Maybe it's time to "show some interest" ina couple of Jucos? The Rivals experts think we whiff on Enaruna. We don't appear to have a backup plan... other than undisclosed "grad transfers". What say you guys?

Bishop is closer to a 5 than he is a 3. He will never be a 3 for us.
#RollJays

Postby REALITY » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:30 pm

Chicagojayfan wrote:
REALITY wrote:LOL. Maybe it's time to bring in a lead recruiter, Mac.

We have about the most returning minutes in the Big East on our roster and we already have a true frosh PG who looks to be a star, a returning senior off guard who is a good defender and sort of combo guard (much like Moore would be), in addition to two sophomore wings (Alexander and Ballock) who both need minutes and shots. I'm not terribly surprised he passed on us for a team where a graduation and transfer open up about 34 minutes a game for him to compete for.

Moore was an interesting guy, but hardly my top guy to get this off season

FWIW, it was more a (slight overreaction) as a frustration of missing on someone again, especially when we aren't using all of our resources not necessarily missing on Moore in particular.
I'm with McKinney in that I don't get the desire for another wing. We've got TyShon, Mitch, Davion, Damien, and hopefully Denzel for those spots and we're looking at a guy who can play immediately? I'd get it if Denzel were for sure leaving but Mac himself said he expects him to be back. Though he's not going to admit that he thinks Mahoney is going to go to local media, so keep that in mind.
I'd rather we get a grad transfer point guard so that we can redshirt Mitchell and totally move Davion off the ball.
REALITY

Postby REALITY » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:31 pm

Um, Bishop isn't a wing in Mac's system unless he totally transforms his game...
REALITY

Postby HinkyDinky » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:58 pm

REALITY wrote:
Chicagojayfan wrote:
REALITY wrote:LOL. Maybe it's time to bring in a lead recruiter, Mac.

I'd rather we get a grad transfer point guard so that we can redshirt Mitchell and totally move Davion off the ball.

I would question the skill level of a grad transfer who would be happy playing 8-10 minutes at back up PG, that doesn't speak quality to me. Shareef is a year out of HS and he should, if he's a high major talent he should be able to contribute those 8 minutes a game.
HinkyDinky

Postby REALITY » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:15 pm

HinkyDinky wrote:
REALITY wrote:I'd rather we get a grad transfer point guard so that we can redshirt Mitchell and totally move Davion off the ball.

I would question the skill level of a grad transfer who would be happy playing 8-10 minutes at back up PG, that doesn't speak quality to me. Shareef is a year out of HS and he should, if he's a high major talent he should be able to contribute those 8 minutes a game.[/quote]
Well you could say the same thing about a grad transfer wing that we'd add. Unless they're damn good they'd be behind TyShon, Mitch, Davion (he's going to play 20-30 MPG regardless), and maybe Denzel and Damien, too, depending upon whether or not we add a stretch 4 like Enaruna and play them more at the wing spots.
And I don't see why you'd burn a year from a guy who could redshirt and further develop his game for 8 MPG unless he expressly wants to play.
REALITY

Postby ictjay » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:44 pm

Shareef can play. Extra year here at Sunrise beneficial. I’ll be shocked if he’s not the backup. Great D and quickness.
ictjay

Postby Chicagojayfan » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:10 pm

ictjay wrote:Shareef can play. Extra year here at Sunrise beneficial. I’ll be shocked if he’s not the backup. Great D and quickness.

That's my assumption as well. He can handle, plays fast, can shoot, and bring really tough defensive pressure. We might also be able to slide him alongside Marcus as well for minutes. We lost Cashow and Joseph and they averaged just over 27 minutes a game last year... I could see him getting a whole lot of those minutes.
Chicagojayfan

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting