2019 G Jalen Windham (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2019 G Jalen Windham

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:08 pm

Last edited by gtmoBlue on Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Re: 2019 G Jalen Windham

Postby Jays26 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:11 pm

I believe will look back at this in a few years and be quite happy.
Jays26

Re: 2019 G Jalen Windham (Commit)

Postby wildjays » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:44 pm

White & Blue Review-- http://whiteandbluereview.com
wildjays

Postby Venturajay » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:44 pm

Nice, Under the radar kid probably, tall and rangy, a late bloomer the type of Kid that MAC and company seem to excel in developing such as Thomas, Manigat, and Mintz.
Venturajay

Postby Eye of the Jay » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:45 pm

Good sign. Shereef and him can learn from the upperclassmen guards and hopefully turn into solid contributors in a year or two
Eye of the Jay

Postby LJay » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:51 pm

Late physical development. Look at his pictures from a couple years ago and he’s a skinny high schooler. Look at him in that Jays uni and he looks like a developed college player with a few years of college weight training under his belt.

Very hopeful he can be a good college player. Love those late bloomers!
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Chicagojayfan » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:17 am

A few notes on Windham:

1. He's a winner. His team plays in one of the toughest HS conferences in the country and has been to a couple of state championship games and won one.

2. He was the guy teams tried to stop this year. His 37% from 3 doesn't look hot, but in that conference coaches tried to take him away as his team's first option. In playing over the summer his percentage went way up with other offensive options on his team - and think he was 19/20 from the FT line over the summer also. He can shoot,

3. He's not just a shooter, he can do a lot of things on the court offensively - he can handle a bit and pass and can get into the lane and hustles and works on defense as well. He also looks long enough to have some flexibility on D.

4. I think he was a late bloomer (as LJay said - he added a lot of muscle at the end of his HS years), he also committed to a lower team early (and signed), so teams didn't spend much time evaluating him. Only when the coach left for Tulane was he let out of his letter of intent and back on the market. I'm very happy we got in on him quickly and landed him.

from one of the Indiana sites:

"Just text one of my best friends about Windham (assistant coach at Center Grove) and he's a former college basketball player as well. Started 4 years at the D3 level.

He said: he can absolutely stroke it (everyone's game plan in the MIC was not to give him open looks), as good of 1 on 1 offensive player as he's seen, can get to the line (only missed one FT against them in 2 games this season)"
Chicagojayfan

Postby Alphawalt » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:09 am

6 foot 5 shooters are good to get anytime. Also 80+ percent free throw shooter and seems athletic. I wonder why he was a low three star and only major school with interest other than us was Indiana. I would think he is underrated based on stats, optics, and high school accomplishment.
Alphawalt

Postby WBR Tom » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:15 am

Alphawalt wrote:6 foot 5 shooters are good to get anytime. Also 80+ percent free throw shooter and seems athletic. I wonder why he was a low three star and only major school with interest other than us was Indiana. I would think he is underrated based on stats, optics, and high school accomplishment.

He wasn't just committed to Georgia State, he was signed so there wasn't much reason for anyone else to recruit him, even as he blossomed late into a much better player. I'm guessing the three-star ranking might have something to do with that too; no incentive for Rivals or 247 to scout a player (and potentially re-rank) a kid who's already signed -- he's not really a recruit at that point. And because he'd committed and signed early, it wasn't like there was a bunch of runners-up who he'd turned down waiting in the wings either, as you often see when a kid is let out of his LOI.

I really believe Creighton got a steal here.
WBR Tom

Postby mightyskid » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:49 am

Also, not bad establishing a relationship with Ben Davis High School in Indiana!

Wish we got more kids out of Indiana.

Barone got all kids below from 85/86 to 90/91
Matt Petty - Crawfordsville, IN
Duan Cole - Ft. Wayne, IN
Latrell Wrightsell - Gary, IN
Johnnie Williams - Marion, IN
Todd Geyer - Indianapolis, IN
Kevin Johnson - Columbus, IN
Jamie Whetstone - Elwood, IN

Since......
Damian Jefferson - East Chicago, IN
DeAnthony Bowden - Hammond, IN