2020 C Kiyron Powell (Offered)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2020 C Kyrion Powell (Offered)

Postby REALITY » Tue May 14, 2019 11:33 am

drbluejay wrote:
Trifecta wrote:
Polyfro wrote:

Great, another guy that is waiting for a better than Creighton. At least we aren't putting all our eggs in one basket for 2020 when it comes to post players.

gtmoblue stated back on Apr. 24th 2018 that CU had offered a total of 6 PF's and Centers but CU missed on all of them. Since Apr. 2018, CU offered more PF's and Centers and missed on all of these also. In recruiting, there are many more misses than signees, even for Duke and Kentucky. 2020 should be a very good recruiting year for the Jays.

Well yeah, a school can't sign all of their recruits. There aren't enough scholarships to go around and even if there were, most kids want to play.
I don't see why you're so optimistic about 2020. Is your logic that since we missed on so many in 2019 that we're bound to get some next year? That's a gambler's fallacy right there. Or are you just guessing that 2020 will be good? If so may I point you to the subpar 2019 class and the fact that we have one of our recruiters sidelined?
REALITY

Postby ictjay » Tue May 14, 2019 12:08 pm

Altman's Advisor wrote:Huss is a “lead recruiter.”

Hmmm, reading Selfs comments on Tristan “needs work on strength/shooting” again shows me CU had everything he was looking for but he couldn’t close the deal. He was the 1 out of 10 top 50’s that was in our grasp. Closing is a talent.
ictjay

Postby Altman's Advisor » Tue May 14, 2019 12:38 pm

ictjay wrote:

Hmmm, reading Selfs comments on Tristan “needs work on strength/shooting” again shows me CU had everything he was looking for but he couldn’t close the deal. He was the 1 out of 10 top 50’s that was in our grasp. Closing is a talent.

Jalen Windham and Antwann Jones think you’re being a prisoner of the moment.
Altman's Advisor

Re: 2020 C Kiyron Powell (Offered)

Postby bluejayb13 » Tue May 14, 2019 12:47 pm

It is fine if he wants to go to Purdue and hopes they offer. If they don't we find ourselves in good position. As long as we are not holding out for him and only him come next March. No problem with it a whole year out.
bluejayb13

Postby jayball » Tue May 14, 2019 12:54 pm

Kid is from Indiana. Like it or not we are not a big national presence with football promoting our brand.

Most kids are going to know the local large schools and dream of playing there more than they will grow up following and dreaming about Creighton.
jayball

Postby #RollJays » Tue May 14, 2019 1:01 pm

bluejayb13 wrote:It is fine if he wants to go to Purdue and hopes they offer. If they don't we find ourselves in good position. As long as we are not holding out for him and only him come next March. No problem with it a whole year out.

Best to avoid the spring signing period and get your top guys signed in the fall.
#RollJays

Postby JacobPadilla » Tue May 14, 2019 2:30 pm

ictjay wrote:

Huss sold everything that Enaruna said he wanted. He ended up choosing the blue blood instead. Sometimes kids don't tell reporters how they actually feel about things. Obviously we don't know what the conversations were like, but short of paying the kid I'm not sure what more you wanted Huss to do.
JacobPadilla

Postby cujaysfan » Tue May 14, 2019 3:08 pm

JacobPadilla wrote:
ictjay wrote:

Huss sold everything that Enaruna said he wanted. He ended up choosing the blue blood instead. Sometimes kids don't tell reporters how they actually feel about things. Obviously we don't know what the conversations were like, but short of paying the kid I'm not sure what more you wanted Huss to do.

i think that's the point - there are guys that can just 'sell' and close a deal - whether it's recruiting, used cars, widgets, software whatever - it's a skill

it's why those sort of people are always in high demand (we believe Preston to be that kind of guy)

now - Huss is new enough that maybe he is that kind of guy - track record will prove it one way or another eventually.
cujaysfan

Postby ictjay » Tue May 14, 2019 3:25 pm

Altman's Advisor wrote:
ictjay wrote:

Jalen Windham and Antwann Jones think you’re being a prisoner of the moment.

Nah, sure they will be good pickups. Could end up being great. I hope so. I’m not even sure how many scholarships we have open now, but Windham and Jones got theirs on the fly. Still missing a big piece with/without Martin. Maybe a late surprise?
ictjay

Postby Altman's Advisor » Tue May 14, 2019 3:57 pm

ictjay wrote:Nah, sure they will be good pickups. Could end up being great. I hope so. I’m not even sure how many scholarships we have open now, but Windham and Jones got theirs on the fly. Still missing a big piece with/without Martin. Maybe a late surprise?

Creighton has one open scholarship with five starters potentially returning + Jefferson, Bishop, Mahoney, and Epperson on the bench with D1 experience under their belts.
Altman's Advisor

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting