2020 F Max Murrell(Millard North)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

2020 F Max Murrell(Millard North)

Postby CPJays » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:22 pm

Creighton offered.
CPJays

Re: 2020 F Max Murrell(Millard North)

Postby mel ott » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:46 pm

CPJays wrote:Creighton offered.

just heard that. 6'8'' lefty forward. Very smart kid too.
mel ott

Postby PIAJay » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:00 pm

Love all the Omaha guys getting offers. Who do we need to add to have 5 Omaha kids on the floor at once?
Anyone remember the Keith Lee, Memphis State team that made the final four? I think the entire roster was from metro Memphis.
"I've never been to Alaska, but I can tell you this,
I've been to Lincoln, Nebraska and hell you know it ain't worth shit"
Dallas Green
PIAJay

Postby Helmzy » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:00 pm

Kansas St and Virginia Tech just offered in the last hour.
Helmzy

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:33 pm

Any relation to Jay Murrell? Murrell's formerly of north Omaha?
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby JacobPadilla » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:43 am

He's got a huge catch radius as a lob target and can also step out to the 3-point line and knock down jumpers. He's got terrific shot-blocking instincts as well. He's kind of a Jacob Epperson type of player, except a little shorter and further along as a shooter at the same age.

The biggest issue is that he weighs about 190 pounds. He's also been inconsistent through much of his career and has disappeared at times in games, struggling to create on his own.

Now Millard North is set to have three players with high-major offers next season: Murrell (Creighton, others), Hunter Sallis (Creighton, Nebraska, others) and Jasen Green (Nebraska).
JacobPadilla

Postby Chicagojayfan » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:18 am

JacobPadilla wrote:He's got a huge catch radius as a lob target and can also step out to the 3-point line and knock down jumpers. He's got terrific shot-blocking instincts as well. He's kind of a Jacob Epperson type of player, except a little shorter and further along as a shooter at the same age.

The biggest issue is that he weighs about 190 pounds. He's also been inconsistent through much of his career and has disappeared at times in games, struggling to create on his own.

Now Millard North is set to have three players with high-major offers next season: Murrell (Creighton, others), Hunter Sallis (Creighton, Nebraska, others) and Jasen Green (Nebraska).

thanks Jacob,

Looks like he just got a flurry of offers? Is he blowing up due to some summer play?

K-State, Virginia, Tech, Loyola Chicago, is a good starter list.

His Hudl clip is long and mostly dunks and blocks for the first few minutes, but he really moves well down the court and in cuts and finishes strong, he has a nice feel for blocking shots and his foot speed allows him to close out shooters as well. Shot is more of a set shot, but seems solid and he has a few post moves as well. Really a pretty nice player and a guy who can get a lot better with a great S&C program. I can see why we offered.
Chicagojayfan

Postby drbluejay » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:20 am

I'm guessing he ends up at either Creighton or an Ivy League type school. I've watched him play and I noticed his talent right away. Millard North is loaded with talent.
Stay home Max and play for the Jays.
drbluejay

Postby JacobPadilla » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:40 pm

Chicagojayfan wrote:
JacobPadilla wrote:He's got a huge catch radius as a lob target and can also step out to the 3-point line and knock down jumpers. He's got terrific shot-blocking instincts as well. He's kind of a Jacob Epperson type of player, except a little shorter and further along as a shooter at the same age.

thanks Jacob,

Looks like he just got a flurry of offers? Is he blowing up due to some summer play?

K-State, Virginia, Tech, Loyola Chicago, is a good starter list.

His Hudl clip is long and mostly dunks and blocks for the first few minutes, but he really moves well down the court and in cuts and finishes strong, he has a nice feel for blocking shots and his foot speed allows him to close out shooters as well. Shot is more of a set shot, but seems solid and he has a few post moves as well. Really a pretty nice player and a guy who can get a lot better with a great S&C program. I can see why we offered.

This week was a live period under the new recruiting calendar. Max was one of 18 Nebraska kids down in Kansas City for a regional camp. The Nebraska kids were split up into two teams and played a few games each against teams of kids from other states in the region.

Max plays for Team Factory, which plays on the second division of the Under Armour circuit rather than one of the top shoe circuits, so he hasn't had the same number of coaches watching him as he could have. There were plenty of coaches including Lusk down in KC to watch him play this weekend.
JacobPadilla

Postby bluejayfan00 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:52 am

TCU and Minnesota offered.
bluejayfan00

Next

Return to Recruiting