2020 Daniel Batcho (Offered)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2020 Daniel Batcho (Offered)

Postby mightyskid » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:26 pm

shadow wrote:And we LOSE again! Our crack Mensa recruiting machine continues. Where’s Preston Murphy’s when ya need him?

My god man!! Snap out of it!!
mightyskid

Postby Alphawalt » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:20 pm

#RollJays wrote:Tough to compete financially with Arizona.

Tough to compete weather wise and coeds wise with Arizona, if those type of things are tie breakers for a young kid.
Alphawalt

Postby cu8493 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:38 am

My guess is this one came down to playing time next year. We have Kalkbrenner and (hopefully) Epperson next season (yes, I think with the rest Epperson's joints and ligaments got while healing that broken bone, he will be able to go this year). We have four wings who will get a lot of minutes in MB, MZ, DJ, DM all back and AJ coming in. And, we have CB, who should go more like 25+ minutes this year, I think. I know they don't all play the 4, but all 5 will get significant minutes, with several splitting time as the 4th wing on the floor. Plus, we also have a proven player in CB when we put two guys bigger than 6'5" (or 6'6" with AJ if he is really that tall) on the floor and/or when we go small. So, assuming Epperson is the starting 5, if coaches think Kalkbrenner can contribute right away and if neither Kalkbrenner or Batcho expressed any interest in a potential redshirt, then I don't see any way coaches could keep both of those guys happy on the roster next year. Not surprised Batcho moved on from Creighton, assuming (as I think it is safe to do) Coach was very straight with him on potential minutes next season. So, I really don't think this is a "lose" by the coaches.
cu8493

Previous

Return to Recruiting