2021 Tucker DeVries

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2021 Tucker DeVries

Postby jayball » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:34 am

None of this has to do with Tucker DeVries....perhaps we can find another thread for the discussion.
jayball

Postby bluejayb13 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:52 am

Chicagojayfan wrote:
Venturajay wrote:I would be cool if Tucker came to CU, any Mac bashing in my opinion is warranted, the dude makes a few million a year, has job security, and has won a total of three NCAA games in 20 plus years of coaching - it comes with the territory.

and the other narrative is that he took over a floundering program that Altman dumped because he wasn't interested in being here and made them relevant enough to get the bid to the BE. Since then he has had 1 losing season in the Big East in 7 years while retooling his roster to fit in with the athleticism of the P5 and while pretty much out performing expectations/predictions every single year.

He's also taken the roster from having 0 top 100 recruits to getting them regularly, including just having landed one of the highest rated recruits Creighton's ever gotten (depends on how Benoit was ranked probably) and a few more depending on which rating list you use for Marcus and A. Jones. And, his non-touted recruits end up being pretty good as well - K.Thomas, and last year's "failed" class is contributing immediatly (except for A. Jones who's received a ton of notices in practice, but has to sit out a year).

Yes, we all want to break through in the tourney and that's incredibly frustrating for a lot of reasons, but the idea that Mac is disengaged, doesn't work hard, doesn't care, and isn't successful, is pretty much BS

I do not think anyone on here believes Mac is unsuccessful. I personally have reached the point where I think he has peaked. He is what he is at this point and will continue to make NCAA's around half the time. Yes, he ushered this program to the Big East but it was a byproduct of conference realignment aligning with us having one of the best college basketball players of all-time, who happened to be the coaches son. There was an incredible amount of luck involved there. The move to the BE also was what allowed us to get top 100 guys, it is unfair to point out that Altman wasn't getting top 100 guys when in the MVC, because Mac never did either, apples to oranges. Altman's "floundering program" had 5 NCAA tournaments in his final 9 years, same as Mac's first 9 seasons. Mac has considerably better resources than Altman had. Hell, when DA left the Jays were lucky to maybe have 3-5 games on national TV a year, with KMTV picking up a few home games for the local viewing area. Now every single game we play is televised and the exposure this program is getting has never been larger, yet we haven't seen any more postseason success from it. As far as last years recruiting class, I'm not sure you can judge them one way or another through one game that we only had 7 scholarship players available for...of course they are going to play in that situation.

But now back to Tucker....
bluejayb13

Postby RVB » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:33 pm

Tucker DeVries received the offer he's 'always dreamed of' from Greg McDermott, Creighton (Subscription required)

https://www.omaha.com/sports/high-schoo ... 09002.html
RVB

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:56 pm

Cmon Tucker - start off 2021 on a good note.

Great rebuttal to ChicagoJay's revisionist take on DA's final years bluejayb13. Chitown conveniently forgot our championship season of 2008-09...which many DA bashers do. And he left Lawson, Echenique, and Wragge in the cupboard, so Mac inherited talent as well.

It appears, over his 9 years on the hilltop, that Mac has indeed peaked. However, since he's not gonna be fired we had best get used to mid-pack mediocrity.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby bluejayb13 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:04 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Cmon Tucker - start off 2021 on a good note.

Great rebuttal to ChicagoJay's revisionist take on DA's final years bluejayb13. Chitown conveniently forgot our championship season of 2008-09...which many DA bashers do. And he left Lawson, Echenique, and Wragge in the cupboard, so Mac inherited talent as well.

It appears, over his 9 years on the hilltop, that Mac has indeed peaked. However, since he's not gonna be fired we had best get used to mid-pack mediocrity.

Ultimately we all want the same thing which is to see Creighton take that next step as a program, we just disagree on certain aspects of how that can happen.

Back to the subject, I would love to see Tucker be apart of that potential next step
bluejayb13

Postby Jet915 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:13 pm

WIndham seems to fit the same mold as Tucker but I've never seen Tucker play so....
Jet915

Postby slaw » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:06 am

slaw

Postby JayPharmAlum » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:43 am

Nice to see Tucker at the game last night. Is his decision Drake vs Creighton? It seems that way, but I don’t follow recruiting close enough to know if others have offered.
JayPharmAlum

Postby White&BlueDude » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:11 pm

I think that I saw Air Force and South Dakota State were in on him as well.

It'll be interesting to see how much interest he starts drawing as he continues to elevate his game.
White&BlueDude

Postby RVB » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:58 pm

Ranking Iowa’s top 15 basketball prospects in the 2021 class

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story ... 442299002/
RVB

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting