2021 F Jeremy Sochan

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

2021 F Jeremy Sochan

Postby hilltopalum » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:06 pm

skilled 6-7 forward as La Lumiere has been productive this spring. Just announced he'll run with EYBL famed side Indy Heat on the Nike Circuit. Holds no major offers yet but I could see him being a top priority for the staff if the 2021 front line looks thin.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/three-point-play-underrated-prospects-makur-maker-femi-odukale
hilltopalum

Re: 2021 F Jeremy Sochan

Postby Chicagojayfan » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:47 am

hilltopalum wrote:skilled 6-7 forward as La Lumiere has been productive this spring. Just announced he'll run with EYBL famed side Indy Heat on the Nike Circuit. Holds no major offers yet but I could see him being a top priority for the staff if the 2021 front line looks thin.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/three-point-play-underrated-prospects-makur-maker-femi-odukale

Really interesting prospect, IMO. Born in Poland and playing here now. There's the La Lumiere connection and even limited video shows some really interesting talent.

Evans from Rivals gives him high praise here and says he looks like a top 30 guy

https://basketballrecruiting.n.rivals.c ... -big-stage
Chicagojayfan

Postby hilltopalum » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:14 am

expect the heat to turn up on Jeremy.
hilltopalum

Postby Chicagojayfan » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:09 am

hilltopalum wrote:expect the heat to turn up on Jeremy.

You mean in our recruiting him? or generally for other teams?

thanks for the updates!
Chicagojayfan

Postby bluejayfan00 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:45 pm

Interest in Jeremy nationally has picked up big time
bluejayfan00

Postby vivid_dude » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:54 am

From StockRisers.com (a solid recruiting site) late yesterday:

He’s already garnered tons of interest: “Kansas, Arizona, Vanderbilt, Saint Mary’s, Virginia Tech, Pittsburgh and a few others.” Sochan has also taken advantage of the new virtual visit process. He’s taken virtual visits and/or zoom calls with ‘Virginia, Michigan State, Baylor, Creighton, Xavier, Florida State and Santa Clara‘ – – all programs who have increased interest.
vivid_dude

Postby hilltopalum » Tue May 12, 2020 11:16 am

I might have missed this elsewhere but it appears we have offered.
hilltopalum

Postby vivid_dude » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:16 pm

Update from Rivals:

Jeremy Sochan has begun to emerge in his own way, though I expected for his rise to be quicker thanks to his abilities in the frontcourt and that he has already completed a full year playing on a national high school circuit at La Lumiere. Born in Oklahoma, but moving to England shortly after birth, Sochan spent his first season back in the United States this past winter, but is currently stuck in England thanks to the restrictions on international travel.

This was supposed to be the time that Sochan was putting his finishing touches on his ascension within the sport. Slated to run with Spiece Indy Heat on the Nike EYBL circuit, Sochan moved up into the top-40 of the newly updated 2021 Rivals150, and while his recruitment has begun to expand, it is still not to the level that it should be.

That is better for those recruiting Sochan, though. He has not taken an official visit yet and is expected to at least visit a few of his suitors before committing. His offer list currently consists of Baylor, Creighton, Florida State, Michigan State, Vanderbilt and Xavier, though a bevy of others have continued to monitor.

While Sochan’s attention remains on getting back to the United States, he is in constant touch with a number of other schools schools including Arizona, Kansas, and Virginia. How his timeline plays out towards a commitment is still to be seen, but it is about certain that more will jump in with an offer for one of the best two-way forwards in the 2021 class.
vivid_dude

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:09 pm

Sochan will play his senior year in Germany, the Int'l School at ULM. Expects to return to US for college - most likely.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... oronavirus

Sochan will attend the International School of Ulm and is keeping open the option of returning to the U.S. for college in 2021-22. He's not concerned about the decision adversely impacting his recruitment.

"I've been open about the situation with the coaches who contacted me, and I hope and believe they understand my decision," he said. "Also, I believe that I can only improve and become a better and more mature player next year, especially playing with players who have experienced the journey already. I think the schools recruiting me will appreciate that."
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby bluejayfan00 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:47 am

https://stockrisers.com/s/65/four-star- ... ligibility

Story on Jeremy with a Creighton mention
bluejayfan00

Next

Return to Recruiting