2020 Transfers

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2020 Transfers

Postby bluejayfan00 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:03 pm

Rhode island
bluejayfan00

Postby LJay » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:06 pm

bluejayfan00 wrote:Rhode island

Do you sit on Twitter 24/7? :lol:

Creighton left that dance the day Rati signed.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby bluejayfan00 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:36 pm

You tweet at recruits.... from a fan account.

And what does Rati have to do with it? I didn’t think we were getting Carey, was simply announcing where he went cause of our interest. Sorry that made your butt hurt so much.
bluejayfan00

Postby Jet915 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:48 pm

bluejayfan00 wrote:You tweet at recruits.... from a fan account.

And what does Rati have to do with it? I didn’t think we were getting Carey, was simply announcing where he went cause of our interest. Sorry that made your butt hurt so much.

Rati is a point guard and so is Carey....
Jet915

Postby bluejayfan00 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:56 pm

I’m aware of that, and like I said I posted where he went cause we had interest. Just like the several other posters did today, regarding Carey. But also, wouldn’t have hurt to have Rati and Carey as our PG’s in 21.

I just found Ljays twitter comment ironic given his hobby of tweeting at high school kids.
bluejayfan00

Postby LJay » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:21 pm

You posted one minute after the news broke - literally. I gave you a laughing face. I guess you took it as a slight. Whatever, it wasn’t - just a funny event to me. Sensitive.

Why do you think I was butt hurt? Point out my tweets at recruits. I don’t recall these but maybe I have. I tweet ABOUT recruits because these kids generally speaking like seeing their name being mentioned. Perhaps I say something like, “hey Jays fans @xyz is considering Creighton, give a follow” or the like. Is that tweeting at kids? In your mind I guess it is.

Have a nice day.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Trifecta » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:51 pm

No dog in the fight here, and I"m not a Twitter expert, but what is this symbol called? @ "at" right?

Isn't that the definition of "tweeting at" at kid? :lol: Forgive my ignorance as I'm probably the only millennial that never signed up for Twitter, but tweeting "about" someone without referencing their Twitter handle is called sub-tweeting I think. You're essentially tagging someone if you include @username.

Anyways, point taken that it's a slow sports-news cycle when people are waiting on Twitter to post decisions 1 minute after they happen. Mac has said before that he thinks Rati can play off-guard also, so it's not crazy to think we'd still be showing interest in PGs. At this point, take all the talent you can get and stockpile it. It's highly unlikely Marcus stays for his senior year and marginal (at best) players keep declaring for the NBA draft. And no offense to Reef but he has a limited ceiling. It doesn't hurt to have a deep roster.
Trifecta

Postby LJay » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:54 pm

As a non-millennial I don’t have a freaking clue about Twitter nomenclature rules. I didn’t know there was such a thing. That’s a kid’s name on Twitter. I guess I misused the system. Banned.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby ZMagic30 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:33 am

The important thing here is that we’re all growing and learning!
ZMagic30

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:15 am

Trifecta wrote:No dog in the fight here, and I"m not a Twitter expert, but what is this symbol called? @ "at" right?

Isn't that the definition of "tweeting at" at kid? :lol: Forgive my ignorance as I'm probably the only millennial that never signed up for Twitter, but tweeting "about" someone without referencing their Twitter handle is called sub-tweeting I think. You're essentially tagging someone if you include @username.

Anyways, point taken that it's a slow sports-news cycle when people are waiting on Twitter to post decisions 1 minute after they happen. Mac has said before that he thinks Rati can play off-guard also, so it's not crazy to think we'd still be showing interest in PGs. At this point, take all the talent you can get and stockpile it. It's highly unlikely Marcus stays for his senior year and marginal (at best) players keep declaring for the NBA draft. And no offense to Reef but he has a limited ceiling. It doesn't hurt to have a deep roster.

I don't do Twitter either, but read a few people to follow incoming news, so I'm not into all of the minutia of the site!

That said, given where he ended up, we checked in, but likely weren't all that heavily interested/involved. But I agree with your thinking on wanting to get a PG. I suspect Marcus will move on after this year, and Mitchell should improve and I like him, but I don't think we'll go into a year with only Mitchell and Rati who play there.

that 2021 class gets more and more important, but we're also lined up for a very big recruiting year

P.S. Wonder what kind of interest Jadin Johnson would be getting if he'd had a normal spring and summer with all of this going on. He was a player whose best basketball was ahead of him and I wouldn't be shocked for us to take a hard look
Chicagojayfan

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting