2020 Transfers

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2020 Transfers

Postby SonofFrankTomera » Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:28 pm

I agree he has a smooth game and I trust the coaches very much. I still say no friggin way.
SonofFrankTomera

Postby ictjay » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:46 am

Interesting dude. A little “tilted” in a weird way. Would score 25 or 0. GGG losing 4 scholarship players.

He can play and he would be more consistent under Mac I believe.
ictjay

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:20 am

ictjay wrote:Interesting dude. A little “tilted” in a weird way. Would score 25 or 0. GGG losing 4 scholarship players.

He can play and he would be more consistent under Mac I believe.

I trust Mac and the coaches to identify the guys they want. They put a big premium on people who share the ball and play unselfishly. Stevenson has some great programs looking for him, but as a shooter, his 3 PT % is a warning sign, IMO
Chicagojayfan

Postby Trifecta » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:42 pm

I've seen him play a couple of times back when he was actually playing well. He reminded me a bit of OU's Austin Reaves (another Wichiturd defector). A better athlete than I thought and had a scorer's mentality - but definitely was a chucker and hunted his shot a lot when he was on the floor. Based on the limited sample size that I saw, I would guess his 3PT % is low because his shot selection was poor and he forced a lot of shots.

I think he has the potential to be a really good fit for what we do and I have confidence Mac could make it work. Maybe if the kid got to play for a team that has a real offensive system and identity, rather than having to "Play Angry" in an ugly system with a douche coach, he could thrive. But the way he scorched bridges to the ground on his way out is a huge red flag.
Trifecta

Postby mightyskid » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:53 pm

RE: Stevenson. Don’t really have much feeling either way. But those with concern based on all those things that could be Red Flags. Just throwing this out there..........Marcus Foster?
mightyskid

Postby slaw » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:51 am

Kevin Marfo, 6-8

https://theqbsn.com/2020/03/breaking-qu ... -transfer/

Grad transfer, NCAA leading rebounder.
slaw

Postby Helmzy » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:57 am

BREAKING: Virginia Tech leading scorer Landers Nolley II will transfer, source told @Stadium. The 6-foot-7 sophomore averaged 15.5 points and 5.8 boards per game last season.

Source told me he wants to find a spot where he can play on the wing via Goodman.

Looks like a great sit 1 play 3 transfer.
Helmzy

Postby SonofFrankTomera » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:17 am

mightyskid wrote:RE: Stevenson. Don’t really have much feeling either way. But those with concern based on all those things that could be Red Flags. Just throwing this out there..........Marcus Foster?

Skid, I hear ya on the MF comparison for Stevenson. I still dont think Stevenson is near the player that Foster is/was but I guess that remains to be seen. The one difference between the two is Fosters mom wasnt a complete ass munch on social media like Stevensons dad is. I watched a bunch of WSU games just to check out Poor Bear, and Stevenson reminded me of a much more annoying and less talented and more me first version of Grant Gibbs. People can change though...
SonofFrankTomera

Postby Jet915 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:51 am

SonofFrankTomera wrote:
mightyskid wrote:RE: Stevenson. Don’t really have much feeling either way. But those with concern based on all those things that could be Red Flags. Just throwing this out there..........Marcus Foster?

Skid, I hear ya on the MF comparison for Stevenson. I still dont think Stevenson is near the player that Foster is/was but I guess that remains to be seen. The one difference between the two is Fosters mom wasnt a complete ass munch on social media like Stevensons dad is. I watched a bunch of WSU games just to check out Poor Bear, and Stevenson reminded me of a much more annoying and less talented and more me first version of Grant Gibbs. People can change though...

Supposedly Stevensons dad is a "helicopter" dad.
Jet915

Postby Jet915 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:14 pm

Other schools former Wichita State guard Jamarius Burton has received interest from:

Alabama, George Mason, Oklahoma State, NC State, Illinois, Arkansas, Creighton, LSU, Oregon State, Miami, Cincinnati, Ole Miss, Oklahoma and Iowa State, among others.
Jet915

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting