2020 Transfers

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2020 Transfers

Postby ictjay » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:48 pm

General feeling here is CU program has surpassed WSU. Lots of respect.
As far as landing any of their transfers, WSU was a horrible shooting team. Now I think about it, I don’t see any of their guys upgrading our program.
ictjay

Postby Eye of the Jay » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:04 am

Going to be really interesting to see what Mintz decides. You would think he would give his transfer decision soon if he were to make it.

I just don’t see us going after a grad transfer with how stacked our roster will be next year. I’d focus on getting 1 sit 1 play 2/3 transfer and focus on the 2021 class.
Eye of the Jay

Postby ictjay » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:11 am

Eye of the Jay wrote:Going to be really interesting to see what Mintz decides. You would think he would give his transfer decision soon if he were to make it.

I just don’t see us going after a grad transfer with how stacked our roster will be next year. I’d focus on getting 1 sit 1 play 2/3 transfer and focus on the 2021 class.

What about Kelvin Jones?
ictjay

Postby Chicagojayfan » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:52 am

ictjay wrote:
Eye of the Jay wrote:Going to be really interesting to see what Mintz decides. You would think he would give his transfer decision soon if he were to make it.

What about Kelvin Jones?

My understanding is we free up 1 scholarship due to Kelvin graduating, and have another that is open now. One of those is Kalkbrenner's so we have 1 available. If Mintz leaves, then we have 2 to give.

I think we need another big man who can play for one of those spots. We don't know how Epperson will come back and by losing Kelvin we will be even shorter in the middle without another guy. So I suspect that we look for a grad transfer or a freshman we think could contribute to fill a spot.

If Mintz leaves, then I really think we'd want a sit 1, play 2 or 3 transfer to help give us some experience after so many graduate the following year.
Chicagojayfan

Postby ictjay » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:00 am

Chicagojayfan wrote:
ictjay wrote:

What about Kelvin Jones?

My understanding is we free up 1 scholarship due to Kelvin graduating, and have another that is open now. One of those is Kalkbrenner's so we have 1 available. If Mintz leaves, then we have 2 to give.

I think we need another big man who can play for one of those spots. We don't know how Epperson will come back and by losing Kelvin we will be even shorter in the middle without another guy. So I suspect that we look for a grad transfer or a freshman we think could contribute to fill a spot.

If Mintz leaves, then I really think we'd want a sit 1, play 2 or 3 transfer to help give us some experience after so many graduate.

And if Seniors receive an additional tear?
ictjay

Postby Chicagojayfan » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:36 am

ictjay wrote:...

And if Seniors receive an additional tear?

that would be crazy. I'd imagine we'd like him to be back and even with the current situation we could keep him on scholarship. If the NCAA did something drastic like that I'd like to think they'd add a small scholarship buffer to not force people to get tossed off scholarship or not get the scholarship if they weren't yet on campus. We'll see!
Chicagojayfan

Postby Jet915 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:38 am

UCLA, Oregon, Pittsburgh, South Carolina, NC State, SMU, Creighton, DePaul are some of the other suitors involved for Landers Nolley II, a source told
@Stockrisers

Virginia Tech transfer w/three years remaining.

Their leading scorer.
Jet915

Postby Chicagojayfan » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:43 am

Jet915 wrote:UCLA, Oregon, Pittsburgh, South Carolina, NC State, SMU, Creighton, DePaul are some of the other suitors involved for Landers Nolley II, a source told
@Stockrisers

Virginia Tech transfer w/three years remaining.

Their leading scorer.

really, really interesting. Top 100 out of HS, but maybe underrated. Shares the ball, rebounds well, and was a very good shooter in HS, but lost his shot in conference last year
Chicagojayfan

Postby Realhoops » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:37 pm

Chicagojayfan wrote:

Bringing in Kalkbrenner to replace Jones doesn't really make us shorter in the middle, does it?
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby bluejayfan00 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:49 pm

Nolleys is a REALLY good player. He would be a massive get. I watched VT a few times this year. He’d be perfect for when our 4 upcoming seniors graduate. He and MZ with Kalkbrenner and Jones.. almost like a reloading after this upcoming senior class leaves. We should be all in
bluejayfan00

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting