2021 PG TyTy Washington (Decommitted)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2021 PG TyTy Washington (Offered)

Postby hilltopalum » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:28 pm

momentum seems to be shifting to Ill
hilltopalum

Postby Jays26 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:46 pm

hilltopalum wrote:momentum seems to be shifting to Ill

Damn.....really want this one.
Jays26

Postby vivid_dude » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:30 pm

Illinois fans are complaining that they've been burned a lot by recruiting analysts crystal balling it for the Illini, and then it going a different direction. I hope it happens again.

Josh Primo
Kerwin Walton
Tucker DeVries
Tamar Bates
Jeremy Sochan
Tristan Enaruna
Zach Harvey
Tugs Bowen (remember him?)

Feels like CU was in the Top 2 for a few of these guys and definitely Top 3-5 for all. Hoping TyTy isn't another disappointment. Mac has been landing strong "where did that come from?" commitments, but the guys that are hotly associated with Creighton for a longer period of time aren't signing on. Wonder why that is? No criticism here for it, as the results have remained strong - just an observation.

When the Jays land Sallis, Mason Miller and Traudt, my observation will have become outdated.
vivid_dude

Postby Ethanfor3 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:11 pm

I'm really, really going to root against your outdated thoughts on this one.

;)
Ethanfor3

Postby bluejayfan00 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:19 am

vivid_dude wrote:Illinois fans are complaining that they've been burned a lot by recruiting analysts crystal balling it for the Illini, and then it going a different direction. I hope it happens again.

Josh Primo
Kerwin Walton
Tucker DeVries
Tamar Bates
Jeremy Sochan
Tristan Enaruna
Zach Harvey
Tugs Bowen (remember him?)

Feels like CU was in the Top 2 for a few of these guys and definitely Top 3-5 for all. Hoping TyTy isn't another disappointment. Mac has been landing strong "where did that come from?" commitments, but the guys that are hotly associated with Creighton for a longer period of time aren't signing on. Wonder why that is? No criticism here for it, as the results have remained strong - just an observation.

When the Jays land Sallis, Mason Miller and Traudt, my observation will have become outdated.

This is a really good take and its something I've noticed as well. Want to preface it with saying I think the staff has done a really good job of recruiting since our move to the Big East, and more importantly, developing those guys. Like Vivid said, we're really good at getting the under the radar commitment, or getting a commitment from a guy early on. However, I feel like anytime we're involved heavily with a highly ranked player who has a nationally prominent and highly watched recruitment, we can't seem to close. There's been many many examples of it. I'm not sure if winning more (In March), would be what flips our fate in those scenarios, or if it's brand recognition in a lot of situations. Like I said, I think the staff overall has done a really good job recruiting the last 6-ish years, but there has been a trend of missing out on the type of guys Vivid listed, with a few more.
bluejayfan00

Postby Jaysker12 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:29 pm

Well, what exactly do you guys expect? At the end of the day it comes down to the recruit making a choice. They know where Creighton stands as a program. High attendance, consistent high finishes in BE league play, and I think most importantly, the exposure and showcase of skills needed to get a chance in the NBA. If that pitch amounts to "not enough" to swing the needle in our favor, you move on. That's why recruiting is grueling. The coaches have been creative at bringing talent in.

We snatched Tyshon from the east coast - I know that a few ACC programs had offered him. Mitch at one point was highly rated, until suffering his injury which set back his momentum in recruiting circles. Ryan Nembhard was recruited by high majors. I think if anything, this coaching staff has repeatedly proven able to see talent and style fit where others don't. Zegarowski, Damien Jefferson, Denzel Mahoney. Antwann Jones may continue that trend.

I just don't understand criticizing this coaching staff on recruiting. Since the "recovery year" where we lost 4 seniors, I have felt extremely confident about every class we brought in. Who cares if some of these guys aren't highly sought after. Once they take the court it literally doesn't matter, what matters is their ability to produce. And I think for the most part, the guys that have been brought into the program over the last 6 years have performed at a high level.
Jaysker12

Postby vivid_dude » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:33 pm

Not sure what you're reading. I wasn't critical. I made an observation. CU has crushed it with recruiting, but my perception has been that a lot of the guys who committed weren't publicly identified as having long-term attachments to Creighton - such as those on the list I provided. I have never criticized the staff for losing out on a recruit. I find that to be an ignorant exercise because a fan on a keyboard rarely has any idea what a kids' priorities are, what Mac and the staff did or didn't do, etc.

So, no criticism from me. I simply noticed a trend, and mentioned it. I love the results. The Jays are preseason #11 after losing the team's best player early to the NBA draft - and would have been Top 3 or 4 if he didn't leave. I have confidence the success will continue. RELOAD!
vivid_dude

Postby jaysfan3 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:32 am

jaysfan3

Postby Taco Bell » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:39 pm

Anyone know what time he's announcing tomorrow? I've got a bad feeling we are going to be the bridesmaid again.
Taco Bell

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:25 pm

stfu.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting