2021 PG TyTy Washington (Decommitted)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2021 PG TyTy Washington (Decommitted)

Postby LJay » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:42 pm

Move along, nothing to see here.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby BenningtonBluejay » Sat May 08, 2021 10:11 pm

Appears he is Kentucky bound
BenningtonBluejay

Postby LJay » Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:57 pm

No surprise - he gone. Tricky Trey over TyTy trade keeps getting more proof.

89 - 60
LJay

Postby go_jays » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:31 am

I really wonder sometimes, if we didn't actually cool on him... and not the other way around. Just wondering...
go_jays

Postby Bluejoe » Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:41 pm

Nope. It was his call to decommit. He kept blowing up after his commitment. So, as better offers came, he jumped on them.
Bluejoe

Postby vivid_dude » Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:49 pm

go_jays wrote:I really wonder sometimes, if we didn't actually cool on him... and not the other way around. Just wondering...

No, no, no. You don't cool on a potential NBA lottery pick and the highest-ranked recruit in program history. Yes, the Jays should be THRILLED with how it worked out, because we will get 2 or 3 years of Trey and one Sweet 16 appearance (and counting?), while TyTy lost to St. Peter's and is one-and-done. But to suggest we cooled on TyTy is some hindsight-20/20-on-anabolic-steroids thinking. Let's not be revisionist historians. Nobody thought, "Trey Alexander is available; should we shun TyTy?"

All that said, sometimes it works out.
- Almost everyone wanted Christian Bishop to stay. He left. We got Kaluma, which may have not happened without the transfer. That doesn't mean we didn't want Bishop to stay.
- Everybody wanted TyTy. He decommited. We got Trey, which almost certainly wouldn't have happened if TyTy didn't go to Kentucky. That doesn't mean we cooled on TyTy.
vivid_dude

Postby Trifecta » Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:14 pm

Why are some people still acting like jilted lovers when it comes to TyTy? He broke up with us, move on :lol:

"We cooled on him" is the universal slogan for every fanbase that missed out on a recruit.
Trifecta

Postby Chicagojayfan » Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:23 pm

Trifecta wrote:Why are some people still acting like jilted lovers when it comes to TyTy? He broke up with us, move on :lol:

"We cooled on him" is the universal slogan for every fanbase that missed out on a recruit.

Will be interesting to see where he ends up in the draft. I'm not thinking he's a lottery pick (mostly because he's more of a combo-guard/off guard who can play a bit of point, but he's also only 6-3). He can do a lot of nice things, and the ability to play some PG and move the ball well will be a big plus. He has NBA level athleticism and a lot of the traits they want, but he's still got a bit of development to do as well, so he can probably play on the bench now, but he should be a lot better in a couple more years.
Chicagojayfan

Postby T-bone » Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:30 pm

A quick search suggested he is around the #15 oick, but I did not consider the quality of the source.
T-bone

Postby JacobPadilla » Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:50 pm

Chicagojayfan wrote:
Trifecta wrote:Why are some people still acting like jilted lovers when it comes to TyTy? He broke up with us, move on :lol:

Will be interesting to see where he ends up in the draft. I'm not thinking he's a lottery pick (mostly because he's more of a combo-guard/off guard who can play a bit of point, but he's also only 6-3). He can do a lot of nice things, and the ability to play some PG and move the ball well will be a big plus. He has NBA level athleticism and a lot of the traits they want, but he's still got a bit of development to do as well, so he can probably play on the bench now, but he should be a lot better in a couple more years.

I'm sure whatever team drafts him will do so as a point guard. I mean, he set the Kentucky record for assists in a game with 17 when he was healthy (which he wasn't for the second half of the season). It's not his fault he was playing next to another point guard who was useless off the ball. He'll be a first round pick with lottery upside.
JacobPadilla

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting